Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

the skies across Surrey today were incredible huge towers and vivid blue patches before torrential downpours it weirdly didn't feel like anytime of year today bit like April/August/October combo !!

• Like 1

Lovely blue skies when I woke up but that mass of heavy rain is making inroads quick into Western areas.. Could be a few hours of quite heavy rain! Plants are loving it! 

My Giant pumpkin vine is now well over 8m long and snakes around the veg patch into the main garden. Have been picking off flowers and keeping 2 or 3 main pumpkins. So far one is over the size of a water melon now with the second very close to catching up! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Both the BBC and Met Office forecasted showers pushing through the morning and drier later, we had showers on and off all day! - Forecast today was showers to the north of the region perhaps not even reaching kent, but the radar shows lots of showers coming across. A double day balls up, ruined our plans 

Posted

How wrong can you get it? This wrong! Yesterday's forecast for Sunday, and Today's forecast for Sunday... Both BEEB and Met epic fail 

todaay.jpg

before.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
10 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

How wrong can you get it? This wrong! Yesterday's forecast for Sunday, and Today's forecast for Sunday... Both BEEB and Met epic fail 

todaay.jpg

before.jpg

? Both look remarkably like a day of showers. Pretty much what we have. Never mind, its not the end of the world eh buddy?

Posted
1 hour ago, jasonuk said:

? Both look remarkably like a day of showers. Pretty much what we have. Never mind, its not the end of the world eh buddy?

Oh come on you can see the difference straight away and yes it does feel like the end of the world, as unlike some, we have a hobby that depends on good weather!  ( Farmers too are suffering, the crops are soaked and are supposed to be harvested a month ago!! )

Edited by Neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
On 08/08/2021 at 11:51, Neilsouth said:

Oh come on you can see the difference straight away and yes it does feel like the end of the world, as unlike some, we have a hobby that depends on good weather!  ( Farmers too are suffering, the crops are soaked and are supposed to be harvested a month ago!! )

Very few crops are supposed to be harvested a month ago, complete tosh, apart from some winter barley that might be fit for late july, harvest time is August in to potentially early September!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Last night there seemed to be a wave pattern off in the distance,right at the bottom of the screen you can see the tops of them. 

Timelapse from around 8am till a few minutes ago. 

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2

Posted

No rain for us here yet, its gotten close then disappears, but boy it is windy, far windier than when we had a wind warning the other weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Just when you're standing in your fields waiting for the Spitfire to trot along the Mid Norfolk railway, someone makes sure there's a hoofing great shower with torrential rain and gusty winds at the same time. Guess they looked at the radar and thought, nah, give it another hour (having already postponed it). 

Posted
6 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Very few crops are supposed to be harvested a month ago, complete tosh

You don't live in Kent apparently so shush you 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Rumbles of thunder several times this afternoon. I can hardly hear myself think sat in the caravan awning as the latest heavy shower hammers down. 6pm so I've just declared it beer o'clock. 

1759890837_Screenshot_20210808-175302_NetweatherRadarExtra.thumb.jpg.df2dcf09f5c3f07dbc72d8322ecb9a68.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Doesn’t get much worse than this for an early august morning-13.5 degrees and moderate to heavy rain since about 4.30 this morning.the good news looking at radar is main rain band is nearly done with us in Locksbottom but east Kent and East Sussex have another hour or two to endure before it departs.Hopefully not too bad after that but then the threat of showers building up during day which could give some more heavy bursts.That said many places could stay dry??.Looks an improving picture though after today with many parts staying dry for the working week and temperatures 18-23 for the region.After last week and weekend will gladly take that

Have a good day everyone

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh the excitement, a weather warning for thunderstorms this afternoon! Cant contain myself for the lack of thunderstorms we wont get here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

An impressive high of 13.7C here!

We have had really torrential rain on/off since around 5am, roads are flooded and I'm seeing reports of gardens, garages and the odd house flooded too on the local Facebook group!

What do we reckon the chances are of T/storms this afternoon? I'm not holding my breath!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

This rain is really getting very tedious now. Another shower passing through after the heavy rain early this morning. Utterly dismal August so far - very wet, blustery and average temperatures at best. At least there’s been a bit of thunder but the wait goes on for a nighttime storm. 

Posted
2 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

This rain is really getting very tedious now. Another shower passing through after the heavy rain early this morning. Utterly dismal August so far - very wet, blustery and average temperatures at best. At least there’s been a bit of thunder but the wait goes on for a nighttime storm. 

Indeed. Went out for our after lunch walk, checked the radar, nothing nearby, 10 minutes later the heavens opened from a little cell that turned up all by itself. Note to self, pack a rain coat regardless of what the radar is saying...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.
16 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Indeed. Went out for our after lunch walk, checked the radar, nothing nearby, 10 minutes later the heavens opened from a little cell that turned up all by itself. Note to self, pack a rain coat regardless of what the radar is saying...

Looks like another deluge is heading in!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Just got home from a long weekend with the family near Hemsby and can understand why in normal times people prefer to go abroad. Friday started with rain in the morning but the afternoon was reasonable. Saturday, Sunday and today, torrential downpours driven by strong winds and only a few bright intervals. We have all been soaked to the skin on three consequetive days. Driving back visibility was so poor with the rate and intensity of rain everyone was being sensible and travelling slowly.

With the poor weather, cost of caravan (twice what we paid last year_ welcome to Rip Off Britain), the fish and chip shop on site and the Launderette both shut (the former for staff shortages, the latter for technical fault (one that has taken at least 4 days to rectify), an oven in the caravan, where the door did not close properly (I had to hold my foot against the door to ensure it was completely shut for about 35 minutes (found out earlier after 45 minutes a shepherds pie was still cold, especially in the middle), and a door in toilet/shower room that fell off as it was only leanin in place.

When I left this afternoon the oven has still not been sorted.

Finally my wife took our grandson and his friend to the outside pool and when it startle to drizzle lightly one of the attendants demanded everyone got out as they didn't want to get wet. One couldn't make it up.

Gosh I feel much better now after a good moan.

• Like 2