Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

19c here already this morning and that was as high as it got yesterday, despite the initial forecast of rain today, thats disappeared and today looking like it could get quite warm, sunny skies currently, but thankfully a lovely NE breeze should keep the temps down a bit. Feels muggy though despite the breeze. Will we or wont we get some thundery activity tomorrow? 

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

The thundery weather naturally fizzled out on approach to the M25 so just a bit of rain here, we now have incredibly gloomy skies and a thick drizzle has set in. Need this to clear off quickly if we’ve got a chance of some thunder later. ??

Posted

Makes me laugh people on model discussion already writing off august when we are still a week a way, brightening up here now actually think it will be a decent afternoon, as for august 2021 I will go for mixed first 2 weeks then improving with a hot bank holiday and hot start to September that’s my gut feeling this year. Time for break from model watching as find some model posts are annoying by certain members lol 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers

At the moment we seem to have got off lighlty with the rain in Chelmsford. 0.2mm this morning and cricket now underway in the park. Sun keeps trying to break through.

Posted

The first glimmer of brightness here and it seems to have triggered a shower of drizzle! Very frustrating weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Was woken up by thunder at 5.30am, it rumbled around for a while but nothing particularly exciting.

No rain at all today despite the beebs app forecast last night!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

The first glimmer of brightness here and it seems to have triggered a shower of drizzle! Very frustrating weather 

stifling here now,clouds popping up left right and centre , slightly north of me  if there is a cz

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events
37 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Was woken up by thunder at 5.30am, it rumbled around for a while but nothing particularly exciting.

No rain at all today despite the beebs app forecast last night!

Yes so far no sign either of the severe thunderstorms that were forecast to break out across the south-east this afternoon (so met office forecast looking a little wide of the mark)

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, TN9 said:

stifling here now,clouds popping up left right and centre , slightly north of me  if there is a cz

Cloud mostly broken up now finally. Something has bubbled up in Hampshire near Liphook, will keep an eye on the radar but not too hopeful now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Sitting on the beach enjoying the sunshine and the cooling sea breeze, can still feel the mugginess though, so dreading going back indoors 

Edited by Electricmumma
Auto correct messed up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

We sure did have some beautiful weather for the time I had to spend in isolation.  I'm allowed back out tomorrow so although the greyness has already come back, I imagine I'll have to wait til them before I see the rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Not a bad afternoon but turned pretty chilly this evening, certainly not weather for sitting outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Enjoying the beginning of our second week in Port Isaac…lovely to be away from The Surrey Hills for a while! 
You couldn’t have wished for better weather last week, although at times it was a little too muggy!
There was no calamitous breakdown here last night.. not much evidence of anything other than a light shower this morning. A dull morning led to beautifully clear summer skies along the North Cornwall coast by mid afternoon…was pleasantly warm (22°c) walking around Padstow and then much the same on our return to Port Isaac early evening.

The forecast here looks much the same for the next few day it stays the same!!
The first photo was what I believed was the last decent sunset last night in PI harbour.. very similar this evening! The others show the fantastic scenery we’ve enjoyed this week!

C93EB160-D0DD-4298-B953-28D935AF7013.jpeg

61BEEAB9-0388-494F-BD74-6C363B726FC6.jpeg

514D6173-02BE-49E2-9239-FA9BF27C41B2.jpeg

D9EB0E8E-D14F-4EFE-AD96-8646B2682C1F.jpeg

A3DFB5F4-3059-4895-BB82-25D92F3574D6.jpeg

D9CA2D5D-16A8-49B2-A055-223708FE451A.jpeg

C20BF213-3236-4AC7-A79B-3DE6A3250EFA.jpeg

Edited by John Stevens
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning All... Well, its been oppressively warm and humid and last night was no exception.... Today, the buzz word is potential, for storms for us in the SE more so than yesterday. Outlook remains unsettled to my Eyes. 

Very muggy and warm.. Did not fall below 18c here! I see we could reach 28-29c again tomorrow.. That will feel pretty horrible with how high the humidity will be.

Waiting to see convective forecast but would not be surprised to see a moderate or even black serve box somewhere over our region today. Most high res models have some form of thunderstorms breaking out and could be quite potent.

• Like 1

Posted

Dull, misty and horribly humid here this morning, think I heard a few rumbles last night around 9.45pm but could also have been the noise coming from Lattitude, but was in bed with ear plugs in so might not have been.  

Gone from rain/thunderstorm symbols on weather apps to dull and a bit of drizzle today, whatever happens I hope the humidity drops away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Euro4 and Arome in agreement about the areas most at risk of the heavy, thundery showers today. These two models suggest large areas of the Region will see very little whilst some will get soaked:

Cumulative rainfall Sunday: 841499637_Euro4CumprecipSun25July.thumb.png.ac3b0bd3bb0d2bfa9f886a080171742b.png1547412625_AromecumprecipSun25July.thumb.png.484baac0894f1d8b30795c05008a8036.png

The Arpege wind charts show distinct areas of wind convergence, which will boost lift and convection, occurring at various times during the day.

This highlighted example for 11.00: 1678546921_ArpegewindSun25July11_00.thumb.png.b216cace218bb1c64d774e756369424d.png

• Like 3

Posted

BBC App for my town Worthing has thunder Symbol from 10.00 am right until 21.00 can not see that happening, having said that it is raining heavily now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Battle of the Apps for my area, Meto going dry and cloudy, BBC for Thundery Showers throughout the afternoon/evening.

Both taken with a large pich of salt

Posted
14 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Battle of the Apps for my area, Meto going dry and cloudy, BBC for Thundery Showers throughout the afternoon/evening.

Both taken with a large pich of salt

My puppy is a more intuitive forecaster than either of these outfits - and I’m not just referring to the apps! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning from a dull, misty and humid Blofield. Yet another day without a glimpse of sunshine in all probability. Meh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Dull, misty and horribly humid here this morning, think I heard a few rumbles last night around 9.45pm but could also have been the noise coming from Lattitude, but was in bed with ear plugs in so might not have been.  

Gone from rain/thunderstorm symbols on weather apps to dull and a bit of drizzle today, whatever happens I hope the humidity drops away.

Was indeed T&L, BB: 9:45 on the dot! Died as quickly as it started, though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers

Dull, misty and humid here. Overnight low of 16.1C. Yesterday was better than forecast. Only 0.2mm of rain.

Radar showing a very wet and possibly thundery afternoon for us.

Heading to North West England on Friday just as their weather finally breaks