Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hopefully some interesting weather this weekend, Sunday looking eventful but hopefully flooding to a minimum.

Posted

Rain warning for Saturday has gone, just one left for sunday, although I dont think its going to be that bad in this neck of the woods. Today is cloudy, with a gentle breeze and thankfully temps lower than all week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

We're still not quite into the range of the better high res models for Sunday (Euro4, Arome, ICON) but other models showing the hit & miss nature of Sunday. Here's the forecast rainfall accumulation from NMM from now until midnight Sunday:

2082163983_NMMcumpreciptomidnightSun25July.thumb.png.26cb595d0aa42d8c282cc498c97c80c5.png

Clearly NMM sees most of the heavy rain being restricted to the SE corner of the Region (Kent, Surrey, Sussex) with areas further north (Norfolk) potentially seeing very little. It will be interesting to see what the other models show once in range.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Clouding over here now from the east.....is that it for the sustained sunshine for some time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Never been happier to see a downgrade for Norfolk in terms of weather this weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

We’ve been lucky to drag out the warmth and sunshine for another day in west London although noticeably cooler now and the wind takes the edge off the temperature in the shade. I’ve got my 2nd jab at 9am tomorrow which looks like it could be very bad timing ?⛈

Posted
3 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

We’ve been lucky to drag out the warmth and sunshine for another day in west London although noticeably cooler now and the wind takes the edge off the temperature in the shade. I’ve got my 2nd jab at 9am tomorrow which looks like it could be very bad timing ?⛈

It is much more pleasant working in the garden with the refreshing breeze making it feel fresher as well as the sunshine being reduced in intensity because of the high cloud.

• Like 1

Posted

strong breeze here but a least the sun has shown its face after the earlier grey start, looks like we could be in for a fair few wet days and weather warning for sunday!! Well summer was nice while it lasted, just getting over nasty trip/fall which really wrenched these old leg muscles all because i tried to stop spider going up hoover tube 

Hi peeps

Hope everyone is well . Looks like a weekend of chasing what’s on the radar could be some spectacular storms around. Right now plenty of lightening strikes showing up just across the channel, hopefully we will be woken up later tonight with a bang.

Regards

• Like 1

I am back, just another update I have been watching the radar for the past hour. Definitely looks like those storms are moving north now across  the channel.

However as past experience dictates alas a lot of times these storms seem to die down in intensity before reaching our shores, let’s hope we are in luck this time.

Another thing of note is that in the past few hours it seems a lot fresher out there the humidity seems to have gone, whether this will have any impact on these storms we shall see. Glad it’s a bit fresher though maybe something different will disturb our sleep tonight rather than the heat.

regards

Posted
39 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Hey what's happened to steve murr? Please tell me he hasn't joined the dark side and joined up with that big dosser from hull's site as rumour has it?

Hibernating

Posted
5 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

we shouldn't really have to drag out the warmth,its middle of summer,when i find people ,regions have extremes ,flood,heat ,drought ,wildfires ,volcanic eruptions ,you name it ,but we imby ,seeming to be paying for it ,with ,run of the mill ,not very this or very that{bar the beginning of week }which i thought was quite rare ~{storm wise} 

Posted
10 minutes ago, TN9 said:

we shouldn't really have to drag out the warmth,its middle of summer,when i find people ,regions have extremes ,flood,heat ,drought ,wildfires ,volcanic eruptions ,you name it ,but we imby ,seeming to be paying for it ,with ,run of the mill ,not very this or very that{bar the beginning of week }which i thought was quite rare ~{storm wise} 

Personally I'd like it to drag out for the next 6  to 8 weeks.....

• Like 2

Posted
54 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Hey what's happened to steve murr? Please tell me he hasn't joined the dark side and joined up with that big dosser from hull's site as rumour has it?

He to me, is or was a legend ,he always gave hope ,when really deep down you sort of knew we was grasping at straws .,him and Darren on TWO. you need people local,steve i reckon will alway look on this tread ,coz its local 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The low cloud cleared at sunset. That just about sums up today. A high of 20c so way down on recent days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Gorgeous Storm front Sunrise this morning

storm sunrise 240721.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

I feel every time I go to Norfolk especially near to kings lynn on my hols the weather turns crap three years ago I went in early June the week was cold and windy this year we are going this week it’s going to be cool and wet . It’s going to ruin the fishing because when the wind blows in that direction the fish just don’t feed.Hope I am wrong fingers crossed.

Posted
10 hours ago, Harsh Climate said:

Morning HC he unfortunately was permanently banned back in the winter due to some unsavoury language 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all from a (yes, you've guessed) a dull, grey Norfolk.

The chances of us seeing anything like this at some point this year? A generous 5%. 

Pictures from 24th and 25th July 2019.

Storm3a.jpg

S4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Woke at 6am by the wind in the trees and thunder off to the SW. It’s been rumbling away ever since, several very loud but never overhead. Looks like the next storm is now running into the Dover area just to my northeast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rain got here but T&L dying off before it reaches us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The radar grabs for this morning confirm the Convective Weather forecast that this morning will see the peak of storm activity before fading.

05.00 893967299_Radar24July05_00.thumb.jpg.293946f48b8de23bffad5310dce66448.jpg 06.50 3446288_Radar24July06_50.thumb.jpg.a218f302432c01d6014c41e4956ef713.jpg

Convective Weather forecast (extracts): ".......an uptick in lightning activity across SE England on Saturday morning. However, as the forcing aloft overruns and clears to the west, this initial pulse is likely to weaken into a generic area of showery rain over East Anglia, although the odd embedded active cell cannot be ruled out."

2011943942_ConvectiveoutlookSat24July.thumb.jpg.e2822efc0dbf1e5eb9ebe2b2e00ad423.jpg

Full forecast: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-07-24

Sunday still looking like a day with some very heavy, thundery rain for some, but not everyone. The rainfall accumulation forecast from Euro4 model shows the hit/miss nature, with some seeing more than 50mm (2 inches) in a very short space of time.

949932549_Euro4CumprecipSatandSun25July.thumb.png.4332fcf52b0553953f8007f6795b21de.png

• Like 4