Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

But, joy, the storm has headed back south! Thunder agogo at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Lots of distant rumbles from the cell inland, a gentle rain for a couple of minutes.. and all of the sudden we’ve just had one closer 20sec rumble. But nothing exciting down here on the coast 

C97A9C32-E002-4D58-9D1A-E96A27D9C025.jpeg

7A719C49-4022-4C6F-BA0B-F26663F26B56.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

For the first time in about 25 years, Hailsham has non-boring weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

My sister had just put up her tent somewhere near Lewes when the storm hit. Right overhead, tent flooded, burning smell everywhere!

• Like 1

Posted

Can I say that is the most narrowest line of a warning I have ever seen

Posted

In the last two hours a lovely cooling breeze has come and taken the temps down to 20c from 26c, thrown open doors and windows to try and cool the house down for tonight. Tomorrow looking even warmer  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Is there any Hail in hailsham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
53 minutes ago, andymcpool said:

There is nothing nowhere!

There isn't a cloud in the sky here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

My parents in Haywards Heath said there was a heavy downpour at about 5ish? We’re enjoying two weeks in Port Isaac, Cornwall where it has been another belting day today…although very hot upstairs in the house tonight! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Quite a cloudy day overall, got a ton of gardening done  and cut the grass (again, needs doing every 4/5 days atm) this evening. Quite cool now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
22 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Good morning;

Another hot one coming up today, a few bits of cloud (mostly altocumulus castellanus) at the moment drifting through at the moment. Most places should see a fine day with good sunny spells. Perhaps a little more cloud and the chance of a shower towards London and the Home Counties.

image.thumb.png.2af05453e4c1b9360aa3cc241a754e33.png

A maximum temperature of 30/31c across western parts of the region. Similar values expected on Tuesday and Wednesday too.

Had 28c on my home thermometer in Gravesend today with a stiff Easterly breeze that meant it was considerably less hot than yesterday this model is good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
10 hours ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

The only time i ever stayed in Hailsham a few years back you had a big thunderstorm was even better down in Eastbourne lightning hitting the sea

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good morning, another partly cloudy start here.

So the chances of showers does appear to higher and more widespread than yesterday. They will be scattered so many will have another fine day with good sunny spells.

Temperatures

image.thumb.png.1560001b7694be80ad2c58ac7d80fe6e.png

Treat this with caution, they are pegged back to around the 25/26c but this is coupled with significant cloud cover this afternoon. So I expect that the sunnier areas will get close to the values seen yesterday. The UKV for instance has temperatures between 27-30c for instance.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Blue skies here this morning, already 17c, gonna be a hot and already very humid day (at least to me sitting here in puddles of sweat...TMI)

Edited by Blazerblue
put in wrong temp, oops

Posted

Morning all!

Convective forecast looking interesting for today, although I'm expecting "normal for Norfolk" i.e watching storms develop to the south, north, east and west.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some quite impressive mid level convection already to my south.

image.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

If a thunderstorm is your thing, Convective Weather have issued a promising outlook for the Region today. Extracts:

1230213049_ConvectiveoutlookTues20July.thumb.jpg.821ae50ef6f2d0ca2824a966af664a9b.jpg

Forecast soundings suggest surface temperatures of 27-28C will be required for convective initiation, and while convective cloud may take several attempts to gain some height in a broad sense, rapid upward motion is likely where forced ascent from the surface occurs (convergence zones and upslope flow over the Downs/Chilterns etc). Therefore it is these zones that will provide the primary focus for sustained and explosive development, probably not until around 12-1pm BST but continuing through the afternoon and early evening hours.

.......thunderstorms could develop in the East Midlands, East Anglia and parts of SE England through the afternoon and early evening, some evolving into clusters, before eventually weakening.

Source: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-07-20

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Expect nothing here but some good cloud photos would be nice, like yesterday. 

21c here very sweaty.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

If a thunderstorm is your thing, Convective Weather have issued a promising outlook for the Region today. Extracts:

1230213049_ConvectiveoutlookTues20July.thumb.jpg.821ae50ef6f2d0ca2824a966af664a9b.jpg

Forecast soundings suggest surface temperatures of 27-28C will be required for convective initiation, and while convective cloud may take several attempts to gain some height in a broad sense, rapid upward motion is likely where forced ascent from the surface occurs (convergence zones and upslope flow over the Downs/Chilterns etc). Therefore it is these zones that will provide the primary focus for sustained and explosive development, probably not until around 12-1pm BST but continuing through the afternoon and early evening hours.

.......thunderstorms could develop in the East Midlands, East Anglia and parts of SE England through the afternoon and early evening, some evolving into clusters, before eventually weakening.

Source: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-07-20

I really rate Dan but Norfolk is never the place to be, must be some sort of strange local effect! Maybe I should hang out some washing?

• Like 3