Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

And here comes the blue sky…30 minutes before sunset . A really sharp line of cloud now clearing to the south.  I really hope no pesky cloud ruins tomorrow’s forecasted sunshine. ??

Edited by NYCSnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday really was awful for mid-July with a stiff breeze off the North Sea and dull, grey skies. The temp peaked around lunchtime at 19C but then dropped to be a miserable 17C by late afternoon - when you would normally expect the day's highest temp. All made to feel worse by the gusty breeze peaking at 22mph (gust).

Thank goodness we've got a good 5 days of lovely summer's weather starting today, with the warm air mass at 850hPa (1,500m) peaking Saturday and the 2m temps peaking Sunday. Unfortunately the high pressure doesn't hold position and somewhat cooler conditions move in as the warm air mass moves away south west and once again a cooler air mass starts to move down from the north.

850hPa temps Sunday: 316695329_GFS850tempsSat17July23_00.thumb.GIF.6bc0787467c6415eb0b329e478dbdf98.GIF Tuesday: 1411148374_GFS850tempsTue20July08_00.thumb.GIF.1e0235abb4d5b2d395cc1c5752032c35.GIF

2m temps Sunday: 1370685038_Arpege2mtempSun18July17_00.thumb.png.d3e64b4626ce362d47c5152fe7af9137.png Monday: 614460314_Arpege2mtempMon19July18_00.thumb.png.b5e15c6898eb4cc2b4ab56a367bdb2d0.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Early sunshine has gone, the forecast slab of cloud has unfortunately arrived. So it is unlikely to be as warm today (Somehow managed a high of 24c despite a northerly breeze).

image.thumb.png.3d608bf9da1a3ae0b94656e8096e5a54.png

Most should hit the low twenties away from the north Norfolk coast area. Mid twenties London southwards.

It was more than cloud here, had very light rain in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Managed to scrape into the 20s yesterday as the cloud cleared around 5pm. The skies have been clear since. Quite a chilly start with temperatures dropping to around 10c. Hopefully a lovely day to come with clear skies and a gentle northerly breeze.

image.thumb.png.e039b2a23eab94804fd68e148f363212.png

23-25c widely, perhaps a little higher in favoured spots. Lower across Norfolk because of the breeze off the sea.

Posted

Blue skies and sunny with that lovely breeze still, I know the breeze is going to disappear over the weekend with the temps rising, so making the most of the coolness today.

Posted

What the actual is the Express on about? 28 °C for one day does not equal a heatwave.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

What the actual is the Express on about? 28 °C for one day does not equal a heatwave.

Exactly what they are always on about, sensationalist headlines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Absolutely lovely out there, just a few bits of cloud starting to bubble up. Currently 24c so we should reach the forecast maximum of 25c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Another blue sky day reached 24c at midday but has since dropped back to 19c as the sea breeze decided to kick in. Not as warm as yesterday but plenty warm still in the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just a perfect summers day today here in locksbottom.25 degrees and a refreshing breeze from time to time.Would be happy for this for next 6 weeks (yes I know it’s not going to happen).

• Like 2

Here in the Urban Heat Island (I blame the mass of concrete at Heathrow) we reached 29.4c yesterday, a good 2c above the projected temps. Which is not un-common here. Judging by that we should breach 30c here today and tomorrow for the first time this summer!

Currently 21.4c @ 7:09am and rising FAST!

temp.thumb.jpg.42fd806242bab8245ee9a9151b715379.jpg

Edited by Surrey

Posted

gorgeous morning here, already feeling hot have windows and doors open fan will go on later, talk of barbie being used later not to sure i fancy char grilled sausages 

Posted

Clear skies all day so far, currently 27c with a light northerly breeze. Probably going to fall short of 30c today but it is great to finally have some proper summery weather.

Posted

A fantastic day with not a cloud in the sky. Here's the temps at 14.05 showing on the Netweather V8 Radar, taken from feeds from official stations. Current SE Regional leaders are Heathrow 26C and Mildenhall 27C. A refreshing easterly breeze here near the east coast pegging the temps back a bit (typically 21C on the coast) but making it feel more comfortable.

14.05: 78144405_TempsHiResradarSat17July14_05.thumb.jpg.edc07fb3dacd0ceb7acd14b3b6e3b8c5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A fantastic day with not a cloud in the sky. Here's the temps at 14.05 showing on the Netweather V8 Radar, taken from feeds from official stations. Current SE Regional leaders are Heathrow 26C and Mildenhall 27C. A refreshing easterly breeze here near the east coast pegging the temps back a bit (typically 21C on the coast) but making it feel more comfortable.

14.05: 78144405_TempsHiResradarSat17July14_05.thumb.jpg.edc07fb3dacd0ceb7acd14b3b6e3b8c5.jpg

Few stations round me reading 30c now 

Screenshot_20210717-144254_Chrome.thumb.jpg.da5d26df9ae09d37dc06221c2c944812.jpg

Posted
13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Few stations round me reading 30c now 

Screenshot_20210717-144254_Chrome.thumb.jpg.da5d26df9ae09d37dc06221c2c944812.jpg

And who knows Luke, they may be right. We just need to bear in mind that many (most?) readings come from the personal weather stations of enthusiastic amateurs so accuracy not guaranteed. Whatever, it must be getting nice and hot in and around London now and unlikely to peak for another couple of hours. 
I'm off to my neighbour's for a bbq at 4pm. Can't wait to break open a cold beer.

• Like 1

Posted

Scraped to 28c here. A perfect summers day, possibly into the 30s tomorrow and frankly the coming week sounds like we will keep the very warm theme for most, if not all of next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Gorgeous day out there and a nick week in prospect. More's the pity I can't go out in it beyond my back garden! I can guarantee it will all change next Sunday when I can!

Taking my washing off the line earlier was like taking it out of a tumble dryer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a glorious day! If worse comes worse and I can't get away this year at least a couple of weeks of this wouldn't make it so bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Finally, my kind of weather! 

Shame it won't continue after next weekend more or less when I've got a week's camping, but cooler temps will be better for the dogs. As long as it doesn't flipping well rain for a week...

Posted

22c already this morning, reached 26c yesterday afternoon. Gonna be awful for heat haters like me, I know everyone else has been waiting for this for weeks but I seriously hope it doesnt last long. 

Posted

22c here too with clear blue skies. A good chance of many hitting 30c today, away from the coast where sea breezes will develop.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

22c here too with clear blue skies. A good chance of many hitting 30c today, away from the coast where sea breezes will develop.

Indeed. Somewhere likely to max at 32-33C by the looks of things.