Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.

All kicking off here in Reigate, if you excuse the pun. Torrential rain and quite a few fork lightning strikes. 

• Like 1

Posted

Biblical rain with odd clap of thunder here in Raynes Park.  Flooding across parts of west London a possibility.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Quite frequent Thunder and lightning here in Chessington , Heavy rain too but nothing exceptional so far .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

We had some really torrential rain here about 30 minutes ago, now moderate to heavy rain with increasingly close flashes of lightning and rolling thunder. Finally some actual weather in Surbiton!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Plenty of surface water flooding in London at the moment with this stationary rain/thunderstorms. Looks like it's set to continue for a while yet, eeeek.

• Like 1

Posted

Took its time very slow moving but finally arrived been banging around for over an hour and a half now just caught a very nice CG and it’s incoming now 

Edited by Chloe

Posted

I was in Surbiton this morning and early afternoon - left at 1.30 when still dry, very warm and humid.

Still dry here in east London.

It looked as though the storm developed over Sutton and Epsom and then led to further development to the north over west and central London.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Been thunder and lightning for the last hour here.   Just had a lightning strike that didn't get past the count of one before the thunder.  Not too far away there's been an appeal for people with buckets to help out a few houses that are in a bit of a dip in one of the roads

Posted
30 minutes ago, stodge said:

I was in Surbiton this morning and early afternoon - left at 1.30 when still dry, very warm and humid.

Still dry here in east London.

It looked as though the storm developed over Sutton and Epsom and then led to further development to the north over west and central London.

You must have been just south of the deluge that caught us here. It moved through and joined up with the storm line. I've been anxiously checking the radar for the last hour as I have football this evening and typically cycle there and back. I don't think it's going to creep east but there's another line crossing Kent that may make the ride back a little miserable.

Posted

Looking at the radar, the rain line is SSW across from NE to SW London - nothing much to the south and east of that or to the north and west.

Some heavier bursts approaching the far north and north east of London from Hertfordshire.

There's another heavy storm to the north east of Bishops Stortford moving slowly SSW so that would bring it more over central London unless it dissipates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I can report that Norfolk is Warm Pewter, with a touch of Goose Down and Frosted Steel (courtesy Dulux colour palette).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

just passed 25mm for the last 2 hours of rain here in Surrey Hills locally much more judging by radar...!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

And true to form, the sun finally appears in Norfolk at 8pm. Hopeless. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
1 hour ago, stodge said:

Looking at the radar, the rain line is SSW across from NE to SW London - nothing much to the south and east of that or to the north and west.

Some heavier bursts approaching the far north and north east of London from Hertfordshire.

There's another heavy storm to the north east of Bishops Stortford moving slowly SSW so that would bring it more over central London unless it dissipates.

Looks like its heading down to the east of the M11....  we could just miss it here which is ok as I think we've had our share for today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a lot of sunshine, but apart from a light shower early on it was dry and fairly warm given the winds were light. 

Posted

Horribly humid and raining again, 27mm of rain and rising. No storms here at all unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

We had quite a storm here in the Hastings area this afternoon, it lasted about 30-40 minutes and  there was localised flooding as a result.  One very close lightning strike and instant shotgun thunder literally rattled the walls of my flat and took out my tv signal for a few seconds. I rapidly unplugged everything.

We've had another torrential downpour in the last hour but hopefully this is the end of it for a few days at least.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, mulzy said:

Biblical rain with odd clap of thunder here in Raynes Park.  Flooding across parts of west London a possibility.

Was in Westminster at time was terrible, one amateur station in Putney had 80mm while at home I had 1mm.

One of the best daytime storms in years here yesterday.. rumbles of thunder and lightning for well over an hour or so... my nan had her power knocked over by lightning which was not pleasant for her but they managed to fix it quickly.. the rain then came i

Some great skies before it did arrive.. 

20210711_190940.thumb.jpg.e438c0241da54416585dc12a1971a8fc.jpg

20210712_172831.thumb.jpg.449af27e111badc2616a1953214a9311.jpg

Some proper summer weather on the way now too.. with temperatures really starting to going up 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back to low cloud this morning, however it does appear to be breaking up as we speak.