Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well another lot has moved in from the south and now my garden is a giant pond… it has been chucking it down for nearly half an hour non stop.

56318E31-F063-431D-93E1-BBA1C1BEC93F.jpeg

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Highest daily rainfall here 67mm and still heavy.   Previous high here was 65mm on Good Friday 1998.   Roads in many areas were flooded including both pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So for the 5th weekend in a row another cloudy Saturday start, muggy but just a tad fed up now. We was sun starved in spring, and now this summer. The first 2 weeks of June is the only nice weather we have seen since March.

Only positive in all this everywhere is green and lush which we have not seen last few summers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Another dreary summers day here in the Surrey Hills , for this location it really is right up there with the poor summers we had 2007-2012 ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
13 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Another dreary summers day here in the Surrey Hills , for this location it really is right up there with the poor summers we had 2007-2012 ! 

I don't know, I'm sure it could be worse, for instance, how much fog have you had this month, and the end of June. Here I probably don't need a second hand to count how many days we haven't had any fog at all.

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I don't know, I'm sure it could be worse, for instance, how much fog have you had this month, and the end of June. Here I probably don't need a second hand to count how many days we haven't had any fog at all.

We don’t really get fog here inland during the summer wether it’s good or bad - we have had continuous leaden skies and rain since the 15 th of June though !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A few glimpses of the sun that lasted a couple of minutes, but mainly grey and dreary with outbreaks of rain on and off. Top temp struggled to 18C. Very disappointing.

This afternoon: 2088682044_Cloud10July.thumb.jpg.04057be1135aae67fd4600573346bfc5.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

We don’t really get fog here inland during the summer wether it’s good or bad - we have had continuous leaden skies and rain since the 15 th of June though !!

Yep it's a coastal thing, but we normally don't get this much fog in the summer, a few days when wind conditions are right, but normally worst thing is a bit of haze. When I say fog, I mean proper thick stuff, not the normal summer misty haze.

• Like 1

Posted

Misty morning today, most has been burnt off by the sun. Not blue skies, but sunshine is about today, 19c already so maybe wont be a bad day, depends on any showers that might crop up.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

looks like we could get plenty of showers tomorrow as we are on a yellow warning!!!

This is a slow moving plume, so if you do get a downpour, it'll hang about, and could also be rather electrically active, or as we've had before, this year, just rain. Not quite sure where my money is just yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good afternoon, me fellow southeasterners. Thick overnight fog burned off quickly to leave a bright/sunny humid day . . . From the cricket coverage, Canterbury is nae as bright as Beccles. Heavy rain, tomorrow, I suspect, as the BBC app shows only 'light rain showers and sunny intervals'!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

A much better day here in mid Essex than I thought it would be seeing the various forecastes. The sun is still managing to shine albeit weakly through increasing cloud moving in from the south/southwest although it still feels warm and humid. Tomorrow does not too great though, but recent days I have noticed the predicted rainfall has been greater than what actually fell. Yesterday, for example was little more than nuisance drizzle.

Not sure whether to go for a quiet drink in a pub or Is there anything on TV worth watching tonight?

Edited by claret047

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

After a bit of brightness this afternoon the first rain band has passed through - we’ve now got quite a nice display of Undulatus (I think) clouds over Surbiton. 

??????????????

Posted

Bit of a hit and miss day sun sort of shone, early morning fog other half informs me. Channel hop and steer clear of bbc and itv if you dont want the footie, not all of us are into hysteria gripping country at the moment.

Posted

Heavy torrential downpours in the Surrey hills now seems like umpteenth wet weekend in a row - oh well World Cup next year !! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I did go to bed with Met0 giving me thunder everywhere today, back to light rain.

boo

Posted

In a clearance presently with the sun out and it feels quite sultry - maybe it will all go bang later ..? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Another poor forecast, the rain never showed up around rush hour this morning, and  it looks like the heaviest rain heading my way, will heat East Sussex/Kent. 

Posted

Rain cleared quicker than expected and the sun immediately came out and boy oh boy the humidity is awful, its like a soupy misty vapour rising off the fields and paths. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

That's me under the dot of heavy stuff

image.thumb.png.38049ee63524174594c76c4c7c9b6566.png