Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
13 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Had blue skies appearing over the last hour, still a lot of cloud, but the sun is slowly coming through  

Edit: Just seen a weather warning for suffolk (assume other areas too) for thunderstorms all day tomorrow, starting from 6am.....come on then, bring it on   

Apparently none down here, but we've had a couple, I'm happy to let others have a turn or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

was sunny this morning but now more crap cloud has came over and not going away 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Finally Norfolk is joining in with the sunshine. About time too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It took a while for the low cloud to break up, but it is warm and humid with temperatures up to 23c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

ugh back to hot sticky weather. 

MetO showed thunderstorms for my area this weekend.

but *gone*

sigh

Posted

Temp has reached 22c here after the sun got going, now humid as f*%. Still rain rain and more rain this weekend, weeds are loving it as apparently are the thousand ants nests that have taken hold of my front lawn this summer, creepy little bar stewards 

Posted
2 hours ago, suffolk lady said:

Had lovely day here, the joys of having a garden ants slugs moggies and whatever flies or nibbles on our to them local takeaway.☺️

Yes an exhausting day. Nice gently getting things sorted in the garden. Having said that I do seem to feel somewhat achey now. 

So are we getting any thunderstorms tomorrow? So often much is promised but seldom it comes to anything.

Does anyone fancy trying to photograph a good burst of lightening. 

Could always try this app. It is an iOS one but expect it is also available on alternative systems.   

600x600wa.png
APPS.APPLE.COM

‎iLightningCam 2 - The Second Generation - Real-time lightning photography with iPhone made easy. It enables everyone to take spectacular pictures of real lighting...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather
6 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Yes an exhausting day. Nice gently getting things sorted in the garden. Having said that I do seem to feel somewhat achey now. 

So are we getting any thunderstorms tomorrow? So often much is promised but seldom it comes to anything.

Could always try this app. It is an iOS one but expect it is also available on alternative systems.   

600x600wa.png
APPS.APPLE.COM

‎iLightningCam 2 - The Second Generation - Real-time lightning photography with iPhone made easy. It enables everyone to take spectacular pictures of real lighting...

I Tried that back on the 19th July 2017 when we had a decent overnight storm, on an old iPad 2nd generation and it worked reasonably well - limited by the poor camera.  Not used it since, as storms have either missed here or I was doing other things during the good ones.

File 19-07-2017, 11 11 54.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
14 minutes ago, Snipper said:

600x600wa.png
APPS.APPLE.COM

I use one called “slow shutter cam” (Cogitap) and it’s an excellent app for iPhone lightning shots. Allowed me to capture this in 2019:

A7D3FA9F-EDC4-4ACA-BB8D-97A4EB9C981E.jpeg

edit: this is a screengrab (the original is on my laptop) the original is higher res

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I use one called “slow shutter cam” (Cogitap) and it’s an excellent app for iPhone lightning shots. Allowed me to capture this in 2019:

A7D3FA9F-EDC4-4ACA-BB8D-97A4EB9C981E.jpeg

edit: this is a screengrab (the original is on my laptop) the original is higher res

I will check it out. Great hearing about different apps. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
12 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I will check it out. Great hearing about different apps. 

I will look at your recommendation too - I guess the idea is similar but each will have different features. I like the auto ISO on the cogitap one, and the option of manual when it’s early evening or you’re trying to capture clouds against a bright background.

Obvs problems with slow shutter is that the wind f•••s with things if you are in the wrong spot and have a wobbly wobbly tripod (like one of mine ) plus you get a blur effect on clouds if you set the bulb time too high. It’s probably best for night, or very electrical storms (if you’re lucky to have them!) where you’re not waiting too long between shots

Posted

Its that time of year again, the horseflies are out here again, every bleeping year I get bitten by at least one of the mangy g*ts, arm swelling up nicely, hate them. Also weather wise, humid and some pre storm clouds about, so you never know, maybe tomorrow will bring something more interesting than rain ☔ 

Posted
56 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Its that time of year again, the horseflies are out here again, every bleeping year I get bitten by at least one of the mangy g*ts, arm swelling up nicely, hate them. Also weather wise, humid and some pre storm clouds about, so you never know, maybe tomorrow will bring something more interesting than rain ☔ 

Tee tree ointment is very good for bites etc also camomile lotion you can put tea bag of cammomile in basin with hot water leave to cool and dab on bites etc its also mildly antiseptic, will be on storm watch as my birthday is in the next few days we always say should have a gamble there will be a storm as it usually happens

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Anything for the south east today, sky looks nice, ac cas coming in from the south, although yet again I can hear there's fog in the channel, fog horns going off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Lovely evening on the Kent vs Surrey match at Canterbury I'm guessing because I think that Kent are at home. 

Screenshot_20210702_212414_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Thick cloud here, I really cannot see anything developing given this is the situation pretty much U.K. wide. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thinnish cloud and a very muggy 20C, over here; though, according to the BBC's 'dynamic' web-page, we've been under heavy rain for hours . . . God, how the Beeb's gone downhill, since they dumped the UK Met!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted

Just been for a second walk this morning, even worse than earlier, more muggy under the thinning cloud with the sun making the odd appearance, cant see us getting the predicted torrential downpours and storms, feels like we should though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
21 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

And another day in paradise, thats if murky yukky weather is your thing, think we will become known as soggy suffolk soon.

Sun's making inroads up nr Norwich, temp keeps shooting up.