Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

So the jet stream is once again in utterly the wrong place... we ask for sun and heat in summer and send it north. Nope it is kinked and the wrong side of warm pushing up the heat and humidity. But very little sunshine. We look east and south east with anguish. Very disappointing but I would happily take a late summer this year... just being greedy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

When I become PM there will be legislation banning a NE'ly between March and December.

Utterly sick of it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been steady rain here in Locksbottom since about 7.45 with some really heavy bursts now and again,which we are under right now.grass and plants loving this and saves me watering.been a funny month so far as first half barring 4th June was warm and settled but since 15th had well above average rainfall I would have thought.as at 10pm still 16 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Some pretty bad surface flooding earlier and looking out my window, my roads in SE17 look like part of the network for the River Thames.... Damn!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well this forecast for today looks to be a busy already with rain moving it's way in from the southeast . 

565106D2-1D82-4A5F-843A-89FD47F26B04.png

B8895E89-41C1-44FA-AA91-81D3A6F796FE.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
On 27/06/2021 at 10:22, Surrey said:

Not surprised at the "clag" given how moist this south easterly is..

Unpopular opinion but this muggy cloudy weather is one or my favourite because bamboo loves it lol!

Cloudy and drizzly here again today, It was better late yesterday afternoon when we had a few sunny intervals.

BTW how do you keep your bamboo in check. I have heard it can be very invasive and difficult to control? In fact a bit like "her indoors"

Kind regards

Dave

Posted
37 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well this forecast for today looks to be a busy already with rain moving it's way in from the southeast . 

Hello Mark,

Trust you and the family are well.

Yes agree it is very dismal today and certainly not one for going to the beach.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
54 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Cloudy and drizzly here again today, It was better late yesterday afternoon when we had a few sunny intervals.

BTW how do you keep your bamboo in check. I have heard it can be very invasive and difficult to control? In fact a bit like "her indoors"

Kind regards

Dave

Surrey will most definitely know more than me, I rented a place with a patch of bambo, and it didn't spread out anywhere. Looked like it was planted in tubes of some sort. Which kept it contained. Wouldn't know what it's called. Like a block of stone with round holes in it., Except I'm not sure it was stone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Afternoon all,

Hope yourselves and your Families, are well.

Yes the Weather Gods must know the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, are starting Today!!

I would describe the Weather in S.E. London as, "Soupy and Gloopy", at the moment.

You can almost cut the humidity, with a knife.

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like some showers building behind the rain, may be it just visibly showing us the unstable air arriving?

Posted

Weather here still overcast grey and at times misty drizzle, regarding bamboo previous tenants planted some its like a jungle hubby cut one piece about 30ft long amazing thought it would make a good fishing pole. As  we are moving it will be next occupants problem and wish them the best of luck, fencer who came today said we have a jungle out back 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Oh jo. Not more rain on the way. Need a few hours dry weather to get these gardening jobs done..

Bamboo very invasive btw. Best in a large pot

Edited by minus10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

needs to be said that *normally* i have at least heard some thunder by now here and nothing. It rained, but i doubt we had totals some members have. Seems everything bar drizzle, fizzles out by the time it gets here. Not even a home grown storm either.

The cloudy rainy coolness doesn't worry me. I just wish if i have to go through 30c i get a storm at the end of it!

Just cloudy, muggy and a bit of rain coming.  Although i'm isolating for 10 times with my daughter so there's no school run to worry about this week (second time this term) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well again the sun at least made an appearance during the afternoon yesterday. No hope today though, heavy drizzle or just plain rain today with solid grey skies.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

The sun is making an appearance in Surbiton…although it’s still raining! Looks like another blob of rain is heading this way. Frustrating for Wimbledon. 

5 hours ago, claret047 said:

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

See below of a few here I have at the nursery 

945035286_GiantBamboo650L.thumb.jpg.a8940da3d4e2607aea56abcc08b2cb2d.jpg1920680448_aureatall70L.thumb.jpg.ede9b130f0ec06aadcb6fe05bdb0c891.jpgIMG_20201022_112200.thumb.jpg.3cd4bda78f095db2cf2d09c30e6f4e0f.jpg

This is just some of the stock I have here out of 100s.. 

The trick is to plant it with a barrier if you don't want it to take over. Trench out then line with a good strong weed barrier NOT A CHEAP ONE! This stops the roots spreading.. 

We have Jasmine and all sorts now as well and I can apply a 15% discount to any order to lovely Net weather people HAHA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

This is quite a nice website if you like thunder and lightning.

WWW.LIGHTNINGMAPS.ORG

See lightning strikes in real time across the planet. Free access to maps of former thunderstorms. By Blitzortung.org and contributors.

Nothing much going on for our area at the moment but possibly one for favourites for when we are in for possible thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

A nice chunk of heavy rain looks likely for East Kent in an hour  or so. Just leaving the French coast

EDIT : Scrap that... it's hardly moving

Edited by TN26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

And on Planet Dull and Grey, it's...........dull and grey. 

Reports of good storm in nr East Tisted (or as my father called it, 'E's Twisted...) 

Posted
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Hi Dave,

See below of a few here I have at the nursery 

945035286_GiantBamboo650L.thumb.jpg.a8940da3d4e2607aea56abcc08b2cb2d.jpg1920680448_aureatall70L.thumb.jpg.ede9b130f0ec06aadcb6fe05bdb0c891.jpgIMG_20201022_112200.thumb.jpg.3cd4bda78f095db2cf2d09c30e6f4e0f.jpg

This is just some of the stock I have here out of 100s.. 

The trick is to plant it with a barrier if you don't want it to take over. Trench out then line with a good strong weed barrier NOT A CHEAP ONE! This stops the roots spreading.. 

We have Jasmine and all sorts now as well and I can apply a 15% discount to any order to lovely Net weather people HAHA!

Hello Surrey.

Do you have a website or catalogue?

Kind Regards

Dave