Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Risked a few days away in Dorset, bit wary of the forecast but we have had three days of rather usable weather. Cooking outside, paddleboarding and cycling, but I think tomorrow's forecast is payback

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, dubmuffin said:

Risked a few days away in Dorset, bit wary of the forecast but we have had three days of rather usable weather. Cooking outside, paddleboarding and cycling, but I think tomorrow's forecast is payback

Is it not going to be a BBQ Sunday then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the sun did come out early afternoon and the temperatures did scrape the low twenties. The gloom really steamed in during the evening though again.

19 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well the sun did come out early afternoon and the temperatures did scrape the low twenties. The gloom really steamed in during the evening though again.

Not surprised at the "clag" given how moist this south easterly is..

Unpopular opinion but this muggy cloudy weather is one or my favourite because bamboo loves it lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
46 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Not surprised at the "clag" given how moist this south easterly is..

Unpopular opinion but this muggy cloudy weather is one or my favourite because bamboo loves it lol!

Muggy foggy weather by the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Yesterday was quite nice, the sun was out from time to time and despite all the different cloud types, it was still humid when the cloud blocked out the sun. Went to the tallest peak yesterday which i've never been to and the view was lovely 

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Muggy foggy weather by the coast.

Not surprised there is fog... its very damp in the air and with warm humid air running over the top of cooler SSTs its a recepie for fog and mist on immediate coasts even hers 40 miles inland its misty but sun has broken through a few times making it feel even more tropical 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Has anyone had any rain yet today?

Yep, light showers this morning, a heavy shower just finished watching my sw for interesting wether that will stay over Belgium France and the north sea no doubt 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep, light showers this morning, a heavy shower just finished watching my sw for interesting wether that will stay over Belgium France and the north sea no doubt 

Should i water the garden?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Should i water the garden?

No at a guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

What a dismal June day. Overcast with drizzle, roll on February.

Hard to say what might happen over the coming hours one thing for certain is the heavy rain is making in roads now. 

Most if not all lightning activity is staying firmly over the other side of the channel but wouldn't rule out the odd rumble.. High res useless as they all vary!

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Despite the dreariness the humidity makes it feel quite warm outside and it has stayed mostly dry all day here. But it’s yet another completely sunless day, does seem like we’ve had way too many of these this month. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Gently chucking it down now. Much as I'm missing the sun, I do love the sound of the rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Despite a dry first half it seems like it's been very wet, cool & dull ever since the 17th, & now today's rain is here & there's more to come! Wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a wet month across the southeast. Indeed the ground is very moisture laden round here. I imagine temperatures in the southeast will come out relatively close to average as well. A lesson that a good month is not promised even up to the middle of it. However, I quite enjoy this weather. Espescially living in a tiny brick house which is a heat trap. Further north a completely different story. Into July, I can't help but feel with heights to our north that low pressure may try and undercut and turn us into a 2007 style summer spell of weather, but that's a long way off.

13 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

Despite a dry first half it seems like it's been very wet, cool & dull ever since the 17th, & now today's rain is here & there's more to come! Wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a wet month across the southeast. Indeed the ground is very moisture laden round here. I imagine temperatures in the southeast will come out relatively close to average as well. A lesson that a good month is not promised even up to the middle of it. However, I quite enjoy this weather. Espescially living in a tiny brick house which is a heat trap. Further north a completely different story. Into July, I can't help but feel with heights to our north that low pressure may try and undercut and turn us into a 2007 style summer spell of weather, but that's a long way off.

Complete opposite here despite numerous days of heavy rain the sun has been out and everything goes rock solid in a day or 2.. Pretty normal for summer... 

Posted

Rain just about to hit to east coast, come from the Netherlands, gone very dark all of a sudden, will it produce any T&L, doubtful, but am watching in anticipation   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Complete opposite here despite numerous days of heavy rain the sun has been out and everything goes rock solid in a day or 2.. Pretty normal for summer... 

In the past ten days or so sunshine has been fleeting. Indeed only in the past few days have any proper sunny spells occured. Yesterday evening was beautiful, some impressive pink cloud formations albeit chilly. From the 17th to 22nd there was no sunshine at all. Even after that, cloud has never been that far away. Wish I had a sunshine recorder as the second-half of this month has been impressively dull. I often go on walks and some footpaths are impassible due to mud. Got a little better with some drier days but back to bog after the next few days it seems!

2 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

In the past ten days or so sunshine has been fleeting. Indeed only in the past few days have any proper sunny spells occured. Yesterday evening was beautiful, some impressive pink cloud formations albeit chilly. From the 17th to 22nd there was no sunshine at all. Even after that, cloud has never been that far away. Wish I had a sunshine recorder as the second-half of this month has been impressively dull. I often go on walks and some footpaths are impassible due to mud. Got a little better with some drier days but back to bog after the next few days it seems!

Could be due to different soil types.. Here.. we are clay.. So when it rains it is very boggy under foot.. But a day or 2 of dry weather even with no sun it suddenly firms up again.. Different in winter of course as you need much longer dry periods to dry the ground out if it ever happens at all

Loving the current weather.. Really is a tropical rainforest feel with the rain.. As a grower it is most welcome to endless days of 30 degree scorching heat and sun 

Posted

Already so gloomy and dark have had to put lights on and i'm listening to rain hitting the windows the whole day has been pretty poor one way or another.