Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

freaking finally im seeing blue skies and the sun again, those 2 last days got to be the most miserable days this year. Yes we've had bad weather in May and cold in April but I think its the worst when its the warmest time of the year and getting ruined by crappy winter overcast skies

Edited by Atmogenic

Posted
On 18/06/2021 at 15:08, Soaring Hawk said:

Well, that was a nice summer.  The radiators kicked in around 6pm and earlier Autumnal dog walk was dark, wet and very chilly. Max temperature today of 16C at 00.05.  Currently 11C.  Humidity 93%. Wind NW 4mph, average over 10 mins 3.8mph and over 2 mins 3.1mph.  Pressure 1013.7hPa rising slowly.  49.4mm of rain has fallen since midnight with a max rain rate of 42.0 at 13:31. 

Had to go to a meeting in Bedford this afternoon with atrocious driving conditions triggering a constant rendition of Jesus, Mary and the Winter Tyres and several pacts with God if I got there and back in one piece.   Visibility scarily poor, lots of flooding, tree debris on roads presumably from the intensity of rain as it wasn't windy, cars swerving to avoid floods.  Took over 50 minutes to get through a stretch of the journey that takes max of 15 minutes at rush hour.  Had to pull over for 2 ambulances blue lighting out of Bedford, police cars plus a couple of fire engines so I hope there weren't any serious accidents and/or injuries.  I saw one incident after someone tried to avoid a section of flooded road and slid into another car but that wasn't more than car damage and everyone looked ok, if not particularly happy.   Very glad to have made it back home with the car and me in one piece and that I've been too busy to get the winters changed to summer tyres 

Why would they be particulary happy about car damage?

Posted
On 18/06/2021 at 16:48, alexisj9 said:

I wish, my house is still hot even now.

Cmon over to western Oregon where we have had our summer ridge since early April with only two days of rain this June!   We have had the driest spring at 4 inches of rain. Was 2 and 1/2 inches until the June moderate rain events which put us closer to average for this month but still FAR FAR below average and deep in the fire zone.     Now we are looking at death ridges and possibly 100+ heat next weekend.  Boardman Coal Plant is permanently shut down to add more strain to the grid and our lights have flickered more then usual this year which we hardly ever have it! Yay!    Let's all have brownouts this summer.  Good thing I bought a decent USB backup.

Edited by SortingHat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Apocalypse... 

(Evaluation down but only slightly  because my phone adds light to how dark my eyes see it and so this puts it back to how dark my eyes see it no exaggeration) 

IMG_20210620_144745.thumb.jpg.aff2a3733de8c072cc8d77a17ecf7546.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

I think this is the right thread unless iv'e wandered over to the usa, terrible day here in suffolk uk grey murk bit of a breeze and chilly. At least packing boxes doesn't feel such a task on a day like today, garden loving this wet weather will be looking for tigers at the bottom of our jungle before too long 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Deposited No.10 peeper with the Mothership at lunchtime, she seems totally unconcerned that the head count is going up on a daily basis. Mind you, just how far she can spread herself as a duvet is interesting as she's only a dinky gold laced Orpie! 

Haven't the heart to tell her that Egg No.11 has started cheeping.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I know it's Europe but this is an absolutely corking webcam for Winterthur with a storm approaching!

WINTERTHUR.ROUNDSHOT.COM

Sehen Sie die Welt wie nie zuvor! Die Livecam App bietet Zugang zu einem Netzwerk von hochauflösenden 360° Webcams mit Weltklasse-Bildqualität von bis zu 66 Millionen Pixel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 19/06/2021 at 12:53, Badgers01 said:

yesterdays rain put paid to next doors tree it snapped in 2 during the torrential downpours !!

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

Can't tell from the picture, was it a sick tree, haven't heard of tree falling just through rain before, strong winds yes, and branches falling through weight of snow, or ice during ice storms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Happy first day of Autumn everyone. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It's quite nice laying in bed on a Monday morning listening to the rain bouncing off the window sill. 13c .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

This must be about as bad as it can get for late June! 13C and light rain. Grim. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
13 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

This must be about as bad as it can get for late June! 13C and light rain. Grim. 

Yes, not the best weather to occur on the "summer" solstice. Stonehenge looked bleak this morning. Ah well , from now on the days get shorter and the warmth gets stronger ? (Or something like that) 

Certainly the models dont look too bad this morning with a warming up as we go into July....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As at 12 noon in locksbottom it was 12.6 which is pretty dreadful with continuos light rain which looks set to continue for the rest of the day.average for here is 21 degrees so that is shocking compared to average ??‍♂️☹️

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

the fact that a couple of days ago when i was in traffic going home, the car temperature gauge showed 42°C which is the highest i've ever seen it and today its only 13°C really tells you why so many people are moody and grumpy in this country to begin with in the summer. I know 42°C is with it being still in traffic and above the road but I never thought i would see those numbers in the UK. The temperature right now on the other hand is as low as it is high in the winter, so pathetic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Cloudy and breezy day, I must be the only person who would prefer this to the heat and humidity of last week  

Much prefer this cooler weather too, as does my eth mining setup, last Wednesday after a day out I came home to a bedroom of 36.4c! It had only just decreased down to 33c by midnight, safe to say I spent that night sleeping in the lounge

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Cloudy and breezy day, I must be the only person who would prefer this to the heat and humidity of last week  

I'd prefer it without the rain, that part was a right pain in the bottom this morning, trying to get a load of bits and pieces to the school for my childs drama thing, part of course work, she's designing the set for that performance, of a piece her group wrote. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

How is being able to sleep at night, grim?

Loving the fact I don't wake up in a pool of sweat.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

No, I'm quite happy with it; very comfortable for working in the polytunnels.

• Like 2