Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
3 minutes ago, WestSussexSnow said:

Still chucking it down in Littlehampton, you're lucky

Yip. Looks like there's a dry slot just east of Littlehampton extending across to Brighton. There's more wet stuff heading this way in the channel by the looks of things 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Steady or heavy rain and a strong north east wind. Yep it is a summer write off day. Shame it looks like repeating itself for a good couple of days as well.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Very wet start to the day , at least I can wear my new waterproof jacket I brought . Just checking the radar and eye eye what's this then .

Well if the new waterproof can stand up to the heavy rain we've had for the past hours then it's a good one:) I had to borrow the lad's rain coat just to get to and from the car this morning as it really has been coming down since the early hours. Overnight was quite windy too as next door left their gate open which meant it was banging repeatedly on the side of our house making sleep elusive. Seems more still now albeit humid at 96% following our tropical spell.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the bulk of the rain will be leaving the here just after lunchtime, unless another deluge is on the way or some homegrown storm comes along, so not as bad as it was looking earlier on. But looking horrible further west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Looks like the bulk of the rain will be leaving the here just after lunchtime, unless another deluge is on the way or some homegrown storm comes along, so not as bad as it was looking earlier on. But looking horrible further west.

Another band will be coming through just after lunch. Still looking like a very wet afternoon for us. Might get a lunchtime walk in mind you.

Posted
3 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Another band will be coming through just after lunch. Still looking like a very wet afternoon for us. Might get a lunchtime walk in mind you.

That was the plan, no doubt as soon as I take the woofs out, the next lot will arrive. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like the Thames Valley could end up with some remarkable rainfall totals today. Some PWS's here in Reading are already recording close to 50mm today and the radar shows that we've almost certainly got a few more hours of heavy rain to go.

Posted

Bit of a break in the rain at present on the Sussex coast, but it's been a very wet morning. 9.2mm so far - expecting more to come! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
58 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Never known a growing season quite like this one.. yes we started of very cold and this didn't help but wow.. the rate of growth on the leylandii etc is incredible.. 

I'm worried about my nasturtiums, I think they've become self-aware....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
5 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

Are they turning into triffids?

I'll let you know as soon as they climb out of their pots and start terrorising the sheep....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Rain stopped in Worthing, looks like it is going to stay stopped for at least an hour or two !

Posted

Rain cleared at 12.30, just in time for a nice hour walk, Im sure those wrapped in their winter coats think Im mad, strolling along in just trousers n Tshirt. Lovely cool NE breeze drying pavements out quite quickly. Got the french doors open allowing the breeze to get around the house and cool it down after the last few days of humid muck. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
4 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Quick, time to dash outside and do gardening...

Radarmiss.JPG

All my young plants in pots are kept in trays to help with the watering - today they were drowning - had to do an emergency evacuation between the downpours

• Like 2