Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Humidity well down on yesterday here, to me it feels quite chilly. Could do with some nice hot sunshine again!

had values ranging from 45/55 humidity here yesterday afternoon, currently showing 94 on most local station. There is a NW breeze today which is helping to make it feel a little better though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

The weather on my morning run today was quite a contrast to the last couple of weeks - very humid and misty and quite atmospheric, then it started to rain, but warm rain so that's fine, however it's feeling rather cool here now - might have to put some socks on. Better get used to it if the forecast is anything to go by, and stock up with firewood again

Posted
17 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

heavy rain just started hubby out rescuing tomato plant, might just have heard thunder

Rain bypassed here at Halesworth, squeezed right up the coast and now the sun is coming out again.

Posted

heavy cloud cover here and no sun, humidity comes and goes, not impressed as had to close windows we have a phantom drummer near us will not miss him when we move.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Imagine being in a thunderstorm warning for 4 days and getting zilch. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
43 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

Looks like autumn has come early outside, misty murky and drizzle, summer was nice while it lasted

Dreadful isn't it - this morning I felt like I was in tropics and now we've skipped a season

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Here in East Sussex it’s cloud cover, sea mist rolling in with a lovely cool breeze but when there isn’t a breeze it’s too sticky to even wear skin 

edit: temp 23, dew point 17, humidity 76, pressure rising 

Edited by Electricmumma
  • Like 2

Posted

Its been a very misty / cloudy humid day here in coulsdon. currently pouring with rain and hence a little cooler, but absolutely no breeze at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The low cloud rolled in during the morning, whilst it did lift and become broken up the fact that there was extensive mid/high level stuff meant it remained cloudy and as such only reached 18c. Ironically the first spots of rain and sunshine appeared at the same time today, during the evening.

• Like 1

Posted

Woke up to heavy rain, but thankfully that cleared before I went to walk dogs, fine misty rain instead. Could end up with some high rainfall totals later, which will inevitably lead to flooding around the fields here, which then runs down to the roads.

Edit: Got all day thunderstorm symbols on the good ol beeb forecast, little optimistic, but might get a few rumbles in amongst the deluge of rain.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
23 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Woke up to heavy rain, but thankfully that cleared before I went to walk dogs, fine misty rain instead. Could end up with some high rainfall totals later, which will inevitably lead to flooding around the fields here, which then runs down to the roads.

Edit: Got all day thunderstorm symbols on the good ol beeb forecast, little optimistic, but might get a few rumbles in amongst the deluge of rain.

Default Norfolk weather here, damp, grey and drizzly with a cold NE'ly. 

Meh.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Default Norfolk weather here, damp, grey and drizzly with a cold NE'ly. 

Meh.

NOT. Much better here... Chilly and drizzly... Prospects For More T . Storms. Hmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Very heavy rain here in Locksbottom and 14.9 degrees.going to be a washout work wise for me today (3rd Friday out of last 5 that have been washouts here).Going back to bed as love listening to sound of rain when sleeping find it very therapeutic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's raining. Quite cool so i need to dig out a jumper. 

not expecting any thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

So here comes our soggy Friday.....

Radar 07.40: 1441029665_RadarFri18Jun07_40.thumb.jpg.24207525c78a75924f236571e2dbb71d.jpg

Here's the rainfall accumulation forecasts (to midnight today) from a few high res models, showing well over 25mm (1 inch) of rain for many. NMM slightly at odds with other models, showing the eastern coastal fringes largely miss the heavy rainfall.

Arpege: 379971682_ArpegeCumprecipFri18Jun.thumb.png.16550f4a3a5c9aff154e3943b34c497a.png Euro4: 1600408944_Euro4CumprecipFri18Jun.thumb.png.d3839b22502fc5eda2fdb54cba340b7c.png NMM: 855209839_NMMCumprecipFri18Jun.thumb.png.fcdbcab20f7c810abc75587f4876fcd0.png

I'm suspicious of the NMM 'drier east' forecast, particularly as Kent and east areas of Essex, Suffolk & Norfolk are the only parts of the Region with a storm risk this afternoon:

Convective Weather risk assessment: 1648238911_ConvectiveoutlookFri18Jun.thumb.jpg.299d8dbfe98b3d93522855369608cdb8.jpg

Source: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-06-18

Edited by Blessed Weather
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Very wet start to the day , at least I can wear my new waterproof jacket I brought . Just checking the radar and eye eye what's this then .

C94153B8-F87F-486A-A656-E4DBD9D647B8.jpeg

8F286269-2E6D-46E0-BC59-1169BFEE77BC.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Very wet start to the day , at least I can wear my new waterproof jacket I brought . Just checking the radar and eye eye what's this then .

C94153B8-F87F-486A-A656-E4DBD9D647B8.jpeg

8F286269-2E6D-46E0-BC59-1169BFEE77BC.jpeg

Probably the centre of the surface low responsible for this rain... it is actually actually small low pressure system engaging with a lingering cold front ...

West London would be where my money would be for highest rainfall totals.. here it's been coming down hard all morning..  we need it though.. bamboo loves thus weather and I don't don't to water! Win win 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It's stopped raining on the Sussex coast.

Posted

Just received a Flood Alert text from Floodline. Just hope it doesn’t get upgraded as I’m off to work in a minute so I won’t be around if anything happens.

Posted

Dreadful out non stop rain windy and wall to wall grey skies, is this really june or did i go to bed and sleep for several weeks to wake up in november, maybe as piece in paper talking about shortage of pigs in blankets for xmas,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 hour ago, tomp456 said:

It's stopped raining on the Sussex coast.

Still chucking it down in Littlehampton, you're lucky