Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Strange day, just some fair weather cloud and a moderate westerly breeze, yet the temperatures are doing well, almost at 25c here so feeling warmer than it actually looks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

dreadful nights sleep, bedroom 29.2c even with all windows open and our new air cooler fan. Woke up feeling awful as did hubby. 

Lovely this morning. Nice breeze and pleasant, was a nice walk to school today and it's nice to finally start wearing the summer stuffs i brought for going outside. 

• Like 3

Posted

Pretty hot here 26degrees in kitchen with doors and windows open no cooking and no sun shining in. Yes it is lovely to wear summer stuff at last hubby now in shorts plus minus top!!

• Like 1

Posted

25c and the cloud has arrived, so hopefully it wont get any hotter, eagerly waiting for the winds to turn northerly and a day of cooler temps tomorrow, then what looks like a hellish humid day wednesday but to be rewarded with 3 days (according to my always accurate (not) beeb app) of storm after storm.........I know its hilarious, I know we wont get a sniff but its nice to dream.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

25c and the cloud has arrived, so hopefully it wont get any hotter, eagerly waiting for the winds to turn northerly and a day of cooler temps tomorrow, then what looks like a hellish humid day wednesday but to be rewarded with 3 days (according to my always accurate (not) beeb app) of storm after storm.........I know its hilarious, I know we wont get a sniff but its nice to dream.

We live in hope for storms here as the skies are so open the storms can be spectacular so in our house we will be on storm watch, here's hoping.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Cloud deck has moved in here too, which has spoiled what was a lovely day until about an hour ago. Still 26c, but now more humid at 53%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

29.8c was reached here according to the Davis, just after 2pm, cloud has arrived here too now and temps decreasing again down to 29.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Evening, after my conundrum with autocorrect, just a short post from me. Stormy looking skies ahead of Wednesday and Thursday, almost foreshadowing,good evening from my cricket pavilion after training. 

IMG_20210614_192312.jpg

IMG_20210614_192258.jpg

IMG_20210614_192256.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been boiling here in Locksbottom and by far the warmest day I have worked in this year-drunk about 4.5 lites of water today.did cloud over about 3.30 here but by that time I was pooped and nearly done for the day.Good for the diet though lost 3lbs in weight today.Looks a little cooler tomorrow before it gets hot again Wednesday.After that hope it all goes pop with dome thunderstorms overnight and cooler temperatures for Thursday and Friday.Need some rain as last rain we had here was Friday 4th June and gardens will appreciate it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
12 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Clear blue skies from the get-go this morning. At 8.10am, the car temp was already registering 21 degrees after another sleepless night in a house not that keen on cooling down. With Carol forecasting 29 degrees today, my son's college trip to Thorpe Park will be SOOO hot. As those on the forum with special needs kids know, the complexity of theme parks is overwhelming even at my son's age of 21 and it is the first time he has gone without a parent, so I'm hoping the college support worker can keep him safe along with the other vulnerable young adults there. There's been a lot of planning, discussing, bag packing etc and sun cream applied before departure.

To keep the house cool, we have an elaborate system of closed curtains, windows and blinds for parts of the day, then closed interior doors later on to keep heat coralled to rooms we won't be sleeping in, then open doors and windows after sunset in the hope of a breeze entering (fat chance last night).

Enjoy the summery weather if you can and I hope some of those storms come off mid-week for those that love them, me included:)

Same elaborate system to keep the house cool as here! Hope your son’s trip wasn’t too hot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Not quite as hot as yesterday, due to increasing cloud. High of 26C at 14:06. Currently 18C but with 70% humidity (following  max of 80% at 04:20), it feels uncomfortable and hotter than 18. Wind 0mph from N with 10 min average of 0.5 mph; 2 minute average of 0.3mph. Pressure 1021.5hPa rising slowly. 

Posted

Up to 25.7c in the end, much warmer than the 21c forecast by the MO.

Currently 18.6c, with a very brisk northerly breeze picked up. Have all the windows open upstairs trying to push the warm air out; doesn’t seem to be working so far! 

What with the humidity, heat and a heavily hayfevered teen sneezing away in the next room, can’t see sleep being easy to come by tonight. Even the kitten is meowing his head off and he’s normally zonked by now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I am loving this weather, next best thing to being abroad, I'd happily have this for the rest of the Summer. My careful curtain/window management system is stopping the house from getting unbearably hot, and the washing can dry on the line outside in an hour or so. It is such a shame that it is coming to an end just as I booked a week off work. We were intending to take the motorhome exploring and spend some time at the beach so I feel rather downhearted to have timed things so badly. It's not a complete bust yet but reliable warmth means less contingency planning!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Already 22c and 70% humidity.

After a min of 16c

Edited by Freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Hoping for a light show tomorrow night but history says to expect heavy rain, with the lightning probably reserved for Kent & East Anglia ⚡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
29 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Hoping for a light show tomorrow night but history says to expect heavy rain, with the lightning probably reserved for Kent & East Anglia ⚡

More likely turn into a classic kent clipper, and all the good stuff will only be visible if you're on a boat in the north sea

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The numbers are deceptive, apparently it's 21 here in South Woodham but it feels so much warmer, even though it was nearly 29 yesterday.
I've been sitting in the garden working the past few days.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Waiting for lightning expected a few days before feels so painful, was getting popcorn but have used up most of my money

• Like 1

Posted

Surprised there’s not more storm chat in here!

Paul S is going for a more westerly track based on latest runs (post is in the storm thread), Estofex have mentioned MCS heading for SE England.

Tomorrow afternoon and evening will be radar watching over France for sure!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
7 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Surprised there’s not more storm chat in here!

Paul S is going for a more westerly track based on latest runs (post is in the storm thread), Estofex have mentioned MCS heading for SE England.

Tomorrow afternoon and evening will be radar watching over France for sure!

Probably because we're expecting the inevitable crushing disappointment? 

I for one will not be prepping my camera and camcorder and organising tripods and whatnot, because every time I do, nothing happens - I much prefer the last minute mad dash out of the front door at midnight....

• Like 1

Posted

17c here at 7am, not looking forward to today, going to be too hot and humid. Yesterday was a perfect summers day, 20c top temp with a lovely cooling breeze, shame all summer days cant be the same. As for storm chance tonight/tomorrow well that looks to likely be a bust for EA, reading through the storm thread, seems its going to be a west is best outlook, you never know we might be in with a small chance of a rumble or two, but Ill believe it when I hear it.