Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Lovely NW breeze this morning, wish it was staying around longer, unfortunately it will disappear and then the heat is going to build over the next couple of days, not looking forward to it. 

Morning all..

Looks like the heat and sun is lasting even longer this morning! Easily the chance of 30c between now and Thursday and some BIG storms!

Just for pure fun and it made me laugh but the GFS 00z on its last frame shows 28c at midnight... Would never come off but that would be unbearable.. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

17c very humid too

Tell me about it, my  downstairs neighbour came home at midnight and chain-smoked outside my bedroom window, meaning I had to shut the  window. Woke up this morning at it's reading 82% humidity in the bedroom! Really unpleasant. We are considering getting a camp bed so we can sleep in the kitchen where it's cool and it's not possible to smoke under the window!

Hopefully there will be a storm I can look forward to in the coming week. Meanwhile, off to plant out my sweetcorn and pumpkins!

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Tell me about it, my  downstairs neighbour came home at midnight and chain-smoked outside my bedroom window, meaning I had to shut the  window. Woke up this morning at it's reading 82% humidity in the bedroom! Really unpleasant. We are considering getting a camp bed so we can sleep in the kitchen where it's cool and it's not possible to smoke under the window!

Hopefully there will be a storm I can look forward to in the coming week. Meanwhile, off to plant out my sweetcorn and pumpkins!

82% humidity in your bedroom..? Do you sleep in a jungle?!

Posted
19 minutes ago, MP-R said:

82% humidity in your bedroom..? Do you sleep in a jungle?!

Feels like it! Shoddy built 80s starter flat that could not cope when they put triple-glazing in, building doesn't breathe.  Flat is only 37sqm and has no balcony, no door to the outside world or extractor. We actually sold it to an investor before the pandemic, but the steep rise in house prices is keeping us here. I'm dreading another summer here, but winters are worse as the mildrew and condensation mould gets everywhere depite the dehumid going several hours a day. It makes me laugh when tenants complain about mould and the landlord says 'open the window a bit more'. I haven't closed the bedroom or bathroom windows since 2010. Anyway, enough of me moaning, at least we have  options unlike some people and will be out soon. But I'm convinced the humidity issue has damaged our health.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
20 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Back from the allotment, it's far too hot to dig, feels more like 26.c out there than 20.c

I had to replant everything because of the May washout

Posted

So far a lovely day, the NE wind keeping the temps down, now this I can live with. 

BBC is showing thunderstorm symbols from 8pm wednesday night all through thursday!! Never is that gonna happen, but maybe just maybe we might squeeze an iddy biddy storm after the heat thats on the way this week. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes it has been a lovely day sunny and with a nice fresh breeze, hope we do get some storms but good ones please. Going to be a busy few weeks as we will be moving home soon usual chaos but not leaving the area and hopefully last move for us. Over the years lost count of house moves for various reasons, think apart from a tent we have lived in every type of property oh yes and i did insist no to a boat idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I was a little worried as the morning was quite cloudy with a lot of in-fill, however this broke up around lunchtime to leave a mostly sunny afternoon. A high of 22c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Pleasant night got a fox on my garage shed and a cat in my garden and dragon flies flying around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A beautiful start to the day with bacon sandwiches enjoyed in the garden. Depending on your preferences, arguably the best time of the day before the heat and humidity builds later. It's looking like 27C/28C will be achieved by many today, with a chance of hitting 30C in one of our usual hot-spots.

Satellite 08.10: 646088099_Satellite13June08_10.thumb.jpg.846e93fab5dc688c8ead717386e329d0.jpg Arpege temps 17.00: 293435465_ArpegeTempSun13Jun17_00.thumb.png.f5cdd8075539ce42508ea59126c6e4ec.png

Thursday looking interesting as heavy, thundery rain moves up from France.

GFS precipitation Thurs 08.00: 508378713_GFSPrecip13for17Jun08_00.thumb.GIF.9850184e4b39fb279cf477c12b4cbf99.GIF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Good morning Southeasterners and East Angliaaans! A spectacular looking day ahead, fit for barbecues and for the Euros! 

Middle of the week is looking increasingly interesting, and I think we will be especially favoured, looking at this mornings output. I will pin the tail on the donkey at the moment and say it will be the usual Solent to the Wash and anywhere East of that line that will see the most increased risk of the more severe activity, and potency. 

In the meantime, enjoy those beers, pop or anything that makes you happy ☀️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

A beautiful start to the day with bacon sandwiches enjoyed in the garden. Depending on your preferences, arguably the best time of the day before the heat and humidity builds later. It's looking like 27C/28C will be achieved by many today, with a chance of hitting 30C in one of our usual hot-spots.

Satellite 08.10: 646088099_Satellite13June08_10.thumb.jpg.846e93fab5dc688c8ead717386e329d0.jpg Arpege temps 17.00: 293435465_ArpegeTempSun13Jun17_00.thumb.png.f5cdd8075539ce42508ea59126c6e4ec.png

Thursday looking interesting as heavy, thundery rain moves up from France.

GFS precipitation Thurs 08.00: 508378713_GFSPrecip13for17Jun08_00.thumb.GIF.9850184e4b39fb279cf477c12b4cbf99.GIF

Just sitting in the garden soaking up the lovely weather and listening to the birds while reading your post about eating bacon sandwiches Blessed when i suddenly got the woft of bacon being cooked. Cant be yours can it ?? . A lovely day ahead for us. Maybe the 30 deg anomaly will be broken somewhere today.

Looks interesting in the week. Could be some active strms, however models are flipping a bit with eatward/westward corrections which you would expect and also risk of storms which doesnt seem as high on gfs00z as being shown yesterday.

image.thumb.png.80883db32c00045d2f948120e35c9874.png

Anyways an interesting week coming up....

Edited by minus10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Phone app says it’s only going to get to 19c in Worthing today. 
it’s very wrong!

Posted

Bacon sarnies or rolls must be order of the day as we were out earlier having breakfast in very pleasant surroundings ie flying goose cafe . Been home a while and very pleasant breeze keeping things comfortable, having a no packing boxes today or that is the idea 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Weather station recorded a high of 27C at 17:57, at that time wind speed of 0mph.  Very uncomfortable 24C at 8pm and dog walk wasn’t very enjoyable. Particularly as the darling boy found some fox spoor to roll in

He’s been showered with ‘guaranteed to get rid of unpleasant odour’ fox spoor shampoo, the perfume of which is marginally less revolting that the stinky fox spoor itself.  Important word here is marginally.... Harness and collar washed, ditto towels and have just had prayers answered with a wee breeze while hanging them on the line. 
House is unbearably hot so sitting in the garden with a cup of tea with a more pleasant temperature of 22C, wind ENE 2 mph. 10 minute average 1.6 mph; 2 min average 1.5mph. Humidity currently 72% from today’s max of 99% at 04:59. Pressure 1022.7hPa falling slowly.

Because the house was clearly designed by a sadistic beast of an architect, with all bedrooms facing West and therefore impossible to sleep in on days like this, think I’ll stay outside for a while yet, watching the hedgehogs noisily drinking water and eating cat food.  

627608A5-4839-4C6B-A5DD-B8070DA2E115.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Morning

After a low of 12.6c, already 20.3c with not a cloud in the sky. Didn’t feel that cool overnight thanks to the house holding the heat too well from yesterday.

I saw the early warning out by the MO for storms Weds evening through to Friday. One to keep an eye on but can’t imagine it’ll be all that bad everywhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, lottiekent said:

Morning

After a low of 12.6c, already 20.3c with not a cloud in the sky. Didn’t feel that cool overnight thanks to the house holding the heat too well from yesterday.

I saw the early warning out by the MO for storms Weds evening through to Friday. One to keep an eye on but can’t imagine it’ll be all that bad everywhere.

Yes Lottie, who will see the action and who will miss out is the big question. The Met Office hedging their bets by covering all geographic possibilities. At the mo the models are still at variance with the tracking (and timing), with ICON, NMM and Arpege showing the main storm area further west than GFS, which has most of the action over our Region.

Warning: 1782228454_MetOffWarningfor16Jun.thumb.jpg.509e8cb3beef72e513adca142bee35f6.jpg

ICON Thurs - furthest west: 959752386_ICONprecipThur17Jun.thumb.png.05b18cb11edcf95053298fbe7ef155c2.png

GFS  Thurs - furthest east: 2047502968_GFSprecipThur17Jun.thumb.GIF.684cce6a6e046769752f5c59f1cfd546.GIF

• Like 1

Posted

Clear blue skies from the get-go this morning. At 8.10am, the car temp was already registering 21 degrees after another sleepless night in a house not that keen on cooling down. With Carol forecasting 29 degrees today, my son's college trip to Thorpe Park will be SOOO hot. As those on the forum with special needs kids know, the complexity of theme parks is overwhelming even at my son's age of 21 and it is the first time he has gone without a parent, so I'm hoping the college support worker can keep him safe along with the other vulnerable young adults there. There's been a lot of planning, discussing, bag packing etc and sun cream applied before departure.

To keep the house cool, we have an elaborate system of closed curtains, windows and blinds for parts of the day, then closed interior doors later on to keep heat coralled to rooms we won't be sleeping in, then open doors and windows after sunset in the hope of a breeze entering (fat chance last night).

Enjoy the summery weather if you can and I hope some of those storms come off mid-week for those that love them, me included:)

• Like 3