Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The earlier cloud has cleared leaving just some fair weather cloud. A good chance of hitting the mid twenties again today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
21 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Nothing to report storm wise here. Sun is back out, it's still very humid and the birds are tweeting away at the clouds that have looked about to rain on us most of the afternoon. It's a beautiful summer's evening for you to enjoy the Thames @dubmuffin☀️

It was a perfect - only caught up with a bit of rain on the drive home - love these warm summer evenings

• Like 1

Posted

Reached 24c here today, so warmer than the last few days and the humidity is definately higher, although not by much but feels it. Not looking like anything interesting is going to arrive via france later for us in EA, maybe some rain overnight. Beeb app going for rain from 6pm tomorrow all night so maybe a passing chance of some T&L then, but doubtful.

Posted

Quite surprised as kitchen temp reached 25.5 earlier with no sun shinning in and no cooking or heating on, amazing as in winter with heating on we would have probs getting that sort of temp. At the moment lots of cloud and strong breeze but the sun is still showing its face.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

29C yesterday, 28C today in the garden. 

Had to water the meadowsweet as it drooped a bit. Cloud on the way now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not sure whether it will thunder here or not but either way I like the sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Started raining in locksbottom at 8.30 and now moderate to heavy rain now and looks like a few hours of good rain for the garden.weekend looks lovely for this regional thread though with temps in the 18-23 range

Posted

Rain looks much further west than predicted as well. Looks like a deeper area of low pressure but it seems to be moving quite quickly. I reckon much more of the country is going to get rain today than current forecasts are showing, as the rain is almost as far west as Swindon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, Jason M said:

Rain looks much further west than predicted as well. Looks like a deeper area of low pressure but it seems to be moving quite quickly. I reckon much more of the country is going to get rain today than current forecasts are showing, as the rain is almost as far west as Swindon.

Yes certainly more extensive than what was being forecast.

GFS 0z has handled it quite well though....

image.thumb.png.6826ca3ec5b4e0e487fa66bad21e0239.png

Hopefully summer will return...

image.thumb.png.6abb58e2997404ac7b1f9a8ef3f0fd2e.png

• Like 1

Posted

Perfect weather for working the allotment. Took the day off work expecting a bit of drizzle but heavier rain a bonus. Perfect given the recent warm weather and the fact that next week looks mostly dry and sunny. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Pouring down here...this is going to get the grass and weeds growing at an alarming rate come the weekend when the sun is out again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
7 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Pouring down here...this is going to get the grass and weeds growing at an alarming rate come the weekend when the sun is out again.

Too true....ah well keeps me in work..image.png.ccd6d1fd4cecf457d3a9aa062dfa38a9.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

There's something about a wet summers day I quite like. The pitter patter, birds singing more and that real heavy sweet smell in the air. 

As mentioned the plants are going to go mad over the next few days and it's going to look real lush! 

Here in Maidstone I'm still waiting for a proper thunderstorm though. Maybe with damp ground and plants transpiring that will make it easier for storms to develop. Anyway I'm glad it's summer

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

It was lovely early this morning with some sunshine and the temperature reaching 20.7C at 10.16. Rain arrived late morning and it's been a very soggy afternoon with the rainfall gauge showing 12.2mm by 18.30 (with a little bit more yet to come this evening). But nice to get the garden watered and the water butts topped up.

Radar says it all. A wet one for the Region. 13.55: 242622989_Radar04Jun13_55.thumb.jpg.17b51fa7244fb825119d7b0f5d496c17.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A dull, damp start with the cloud from the front that is draped the length of the North Sea still hanging over the Region. This is clearing very slowly east so most of us should see the sun by the afternoon with temps back into the pleasant low twenties. My location ended up with 12.7mm yesterday and another 0.8mm overnight, giving a total of 13.5mm from this wet spell.

Cloud 06.25: 283245154_Satellite05Jun06_25.thumb.jpg.519fc40e6b95908211335ae9a23826d9.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

A dull, damp start with the cloud from the front that is draped the length of the North Sea still hanging over the Region. This is clearing very slowly east so most of us should see the sun by the afternoon with temps back into the pleasant low twenties. My location ended up with 12.7mm yesterday and another 0.8mm overnight, giving a total of 13.5mm from this wet spell.

Cloud 06.25: 283245154_Satellite05Jun06_25.thumb.jpg.519fc40e6b95908211335ae9a23826d9.jpg

Morning all..

Amazing growing weather now this year..  sun rain sun rain I've never quite seen the rodies with so many flowers and the growth on trees and shrubs is incredible.. in the nursery some of our bamboo is doing 2-4 inches a day! We haven't even  had to water that much...

Wall to wall blue skies here... the front cleared us late yesterday.. with a top temp of 21c still not bad despite the cloud cover 

Same old same old picking out the worst charts every time because they don't personally enjoy summer weather... for me it's the best time of year.. everyone is happy and everything looks so green and healthy...

Judging by the gfs 00z plenty more summer weather to come and hotting up!

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Every season has it's pros and cons but to me Summer has way more pros. 

Also, Summer is the most seasonal in terms of being what it should be followed by Spring in my opinion. In Winter it feels that it should be at least chilly when in reality most of it is mild, dark and wet dross. In Summer it's still reasonable even during cooler periods.

As time goes by Summer will get better and Winter will get worse. When chasing cold it feels like it gets more elusive every year and you know one day it'll be completely gone.  Conversely chasing warm weather is getting easier and more realistic especially here in SE England.

• Like 2

Posted

After the gloomy damp start, the sun has been out a couple of hours now and most of the damp has been dried out, up to 19c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice afternoon, very little breeze and just a few bits of fair weather cloud. Tomorrow and Monday will present the risk of a few showers thanks to a decaying cold front that will present a convergence zone over the east of the country, otherwise there will be plenty of warm sunny spells well into next week.