Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Well the sun finally got through the cloud about an hour ago, otherwise its been pretty dull all day. Still hoping its gonna brighten up this weekend.

Posted

Blue skies early on, have turned grey again already this morning, sun trying, hopefully it makes an impact before the evening like yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

First day of the year where i don't wake up and put my dressing gown on, let's hope it stays that way until summer starts to fade away 

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Sat here in the van while it is yet again pouring with rain!!!

I really thought it was going to stay dry today if turn a bit cloudy. When is this rain going to do one??

Posted

Sun eventually made it out before lunch and its been a warm sunny day for a change, seeing some showers further west in the region but they dont look to be headed this way. Fingers crossed for a sunny weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely start to the weekend here as the back edge of the cloud cover clears my location and continues moving west. Most of East Anglia now under a blue sky. It might take until this afternoon for the cloud to clear the far west of our Region. And hopefully the haar out in the North Sea will stay off-shore and not spoil the day on the east coast.

Satellite 07.10: 2116928162_Satellite29May07_10.thumb.jpg.91242add505595615d5680a57d33cc09.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud cleared here about an hour ago. Gloriously sunny with a gentle easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Slightly cloudy in London, where I am at the moment, going north today, still blue skies for most of the journey so far. 

IMG_20210529_131710.jpg

IMG_20210529_131756.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of sun here today have had a chilly breeze as well but temps have still been very pleasant in the sun, its still sunny with mainly blue sky and there is a brisk breeze still blowing. How lovely to have had such lovely bright days at last 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Sarfend absolutely packed, and about 5% mask wearing...although the UV Ray's will be keeping everything sanitised.

20210529_151243.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

After a disappointingly cloudy and cool start to the day, sun appeared around 11:30 and remained all day. High of 22C at 15:19. Have been gardening, had supper outside, taken my dear dog for a short 1.5 mile wee wee and jobbie walk across the fields.  Sitting in the garden with glass of red wine - perfect 17C, wind 2mph. Pressure 1027hPa, rising slowly.  No rain in last 24 hours.  Jolly good thing too, after 76.4mm this month.  A perfect end to a lovely day. 

68B74475-B150-4F7B-B3D9-DFC2086CBDE9.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

After a disappointingly cloudy and cool start to the day, sun appeared around 11:30 and remained all day. High of 22C at 15:19. Have been gardening, had supper outside, taken my dear dog for a short 1.5 mile wee wee and jobbie walk across the fields.  Sitting in the garden with glass of red wine - perfect 17C, wind 2mph. Pressure 1027hPa, rising slowly.  No rain in last 24 hours.  Jolly good thing too, after 76.4mm this month.  A perfect end to a lovely day. 

68B74475-B150-4F7B-B3D9-DFC2086CBDE9.jpeg

A haar is rolling in, over here now, SH. But, given you were 92 15-years' back, walking the dog must be a hard task -- for 107-year-old lassie!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

A haar is rolling in, over here now, SH. But, given you were 92, 15-years' back, walking the dog must be a hard task -- for 107-year-old lassie!

Ah, the dreaded Suffolk haar. I remember them well when Suffolk was my home, hope it was sunny earlier?  Walking the dog isn’t my problem yet but the beastly weeding today has wrecked my back.  You’re a long time n-w friend Pete, you should have remembered I’m only 98 -  still a wee spring chicken 

Hope all is well with you? 

• Like 1

Posted

20c exactly in sunny Folkestone this afternoon, once the cloud moved away. Unfortunately there’s also the brisk NE’ly wind which took the edge off the temp, but made it more pleasant to do the garden to. More of the same tomorrow, but hopefully with less of a breeze so we can get the big garden brolly out.

Morning All.. got to 22.9c here yesterday in the Surrey Heat island.. although the breeze in the afternoon dropped the temp back.

Some north sea clag to wake up to this morning.. No real issue will burn back very quickly and some strong late May sunshine again!

Still some 22 days away from the longest day of the year and was light till 9:30pm here last night BRILLIANT! Entering the most favourite part of the year for me!

Seeing the sun starting to rise around 3:50am is crazy! Makes fishing so much better... 

If GFS is to believed it drops its pesky low later next week and really pumps the heat in our first 30c could be appearing by the end of next week as slack winds and a continental feed wafts up some pretty warm air... still all to play for though!

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

3 different 'reliable' weather forecasts, 3 completely different pictures.

1. Max temperature: 19, no rain, no clouds.

2. Max temperature: 12, no rain, cloudy all day.

3. Max temperature: 10, raining and cloudy all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well gone 9:30am and the low cloud is still here. Very tenacious although chinks of light starting to appear. Must admit i thought it would have  gone by now. Still feels cool out there...for now..

Posted

Still cloudy here in Raynes Park at 11:00.  Rater cool as well.  Very disappointing so far but will improve soon.

Posted

Not such a nice one here today☹️cold breeze and chilly temps also heavy cloud cover, sun making a valiant effort to try and shine through odd cloud breaks this is turning into typical bank holiday weather here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Beautiful day here in Biggin Hill, although it took it's time and the wind has got a little nip to it!  Heading out for a picnic shortly, wine and scotch eggs got rather well together, I hear

Have a lovely day all x

• Like 1

Posted

Pretty poor forecast for the SE today. Although the sun has made it (eventually) for the whole region, the low cloud wasn’t forecast, and today was meant to be the warmer day of the weekend (it isn’t).

OK, the general picture is similar, but you expect pros to be able to get the finer details correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The low cloud was completely gone by around 10am here (Well Huntingdon where I am working today). Very nice how with just some patchy fair weather cloud.

Tomorrow looks good with the winds south of east so there shouldn’t be widespread issues with low cloud (just shallow patches that form tonight). 25c possible to finish the month.

• Like 1