Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

T&L and hail just after lunch today, with some flash flooding on local roads. This evening, on the walk home from a visit to one of the Hadleigh pubs, the threatening sky over the town was atmospheric. Thankfully it was all bark and no bite and I arrived home dry. I'm totally fed up with this weather now; can we please have summer arrive soon.

812484193_CloudMon24April.thumb.jpg.262b93259b7da8b88c0d68dca80b32eb.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Nothing exciting here today just a bright and breezy one, have had spells of angry looking clouds but has stayed bone dry with no storm.

• Like 1

Posted

Skies to the east and west. Just loving today's dramatic cloudscapes☔?️

IMG_20210524_200144.jpg

IMG_20210524_200018.jpg

Screenshot_20210524_201255_com.netweather.stormradar.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Near torrential rain here for last 30 minutes about 8mm in that time - this is definitely one of the worst May's I've ever experienced, only one day has surpassed average maximum of 18.1C the temps don't bother me particularly but the amount of cloud... dire. It has seemed more like in autumn in last week or two not a single dry day.

• Like 2

Posted

Another fabulously dull and drizzly morning to add to the many in May we've had. Maybe June will be better, not sure it could be worse.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Another fabulously dull and drizzly morning to add to the many in May we've had. Maybe June will be better, not sure it could be worse.

Same as you weather wise, regarding last comment DO NOT tempt the weather gods to prove it could be worse

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Another sizzler of a day, trying to rain and 11c...please be better June, it won't be difficult. Sad thing is the amount of dead bumble bee's I've seen on the ground.

• Like 1

Posted

I have once again given up and put the heating on, cant remeber a May before that I have ever done that and this month its been on most days, energy companies must love the cold damp days this far into the year.

Posted

Just to make you feel better Blazerblue our heating has been on every night and some daytimes, also we have rain here and it is quite chilly with a strong wind not looking exactly warm for the weekend either as a nne wind is still being forecast. We won't go out over the bank hol too many grockels around so weather will not matter, can sit indoors with nice bacon roll and be nice and warm.

• Like 2

Posted

Day started dull and a bit of rain in the wind, but the sun has put his hat on and is shining albeit with some clouds in the sky, might be an ok day, hopefully the promised high pressure will start to make an impact and the doom and gloom is finally on its way off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
22 hours ago, suffolk lady said:

Just to make you feel better Blazerblue our heating has been on every night and some daytimes, also we have rain here and it is quite chilly with a strong wind not looking exactly warm for the weekend either as a nne wind is still being forecast. We won't go out over the bank hol too many grockels around so weather will not matter, can sit indoors with nice bacon roll and be nice and warm.

Yes, I've never had my heating on in the day at this time of the year before.
It's so chilly today. 

Posted

After a brightish but breezy start it has now gone downhill heavy greyish cloud with strong chilly wind supposed to be 14degrees but when our grocery delivery came half an hour ago it felt more like 7 or 8 as a cold blast of wind came through the open door. Folk walking past our house in warm top coats so obviously not feeling warm out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Finally the right conditions to get this picture. Nice for it not to be raining!

20210527_045529.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

What a morning to wake to..

Hello sunshine! Please stay around... Next week looks great!

Yes I didn't expect the word Hot in the mets outlook . 

1EDDEFFF-9E88-4E76-9B0C-95E543EF0827.png

Posted

After yesterdays promising start, it went downhill with rain most of the afternoon and then the sun made an appearance again in the evening.

This morning the sun is trying to break through the cloud and its supposedly not going to rain today, but then local forecast said that yesterday. Fingers crossed it starts to warm up a bit (not to silly temps of 30+ which I hate) a nice 18-22c would be lovely for the weekend.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

After yesterdays promising start, it went downhill with rain most of the afternoon and then the sun made an appearance again in the evening.

This morning the sun is trying to break through the cloud and its supposedly not going to rain today, but then local forecast said that yesterday. Fingers crossed it starts to warm up a bit (not to silly temps of 30+ which I hate) a nice 18-22c would be lovely for the weekend.

I thibk given that nature wins out come what may, it looks as though by default, things will warm up a little but remain below average for June and showery is my call... 

Posted
2 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes I didn't expect the word Hot in the mets outlook . 

1EDDEFFF-9E88-4E76-9B0C-95E543EF0827.png

23c now counts as HOT in the world of the Met Office. Goodness me. Its no wonder th C C brigade are in a panic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Quite disappointed right now, woke up to sunshine and thought that today was going to be nice, but there is still too much cloud that's not allowing enough sustainable warmth for it to be enjoyable  

Edited by Atmogenic

Fair weather cloud has bubbled up here but still pretty warm out... not checked weather station yet...

I can't believe some people were writing off us reaching 30c this summer a week or so back LOL! That is a brave comment to make!

Taken delivery today of some monster bamboo plants! They are stunning...

IMG-20210526-WA0013.thumb.jpg.58c01b1aaa0f6b06add9eab8ca092515.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

23c now counts as HOT in the world of the Met Office. Goodness me. Its no wonder th C C brigade are in a panic.

Yes it made me laugh when I read it , I then re checked the met office forecast and it said a high of 24c this morning . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A wonderful late afternoon here. Much more like it!! It was so nice to sit in the garden in the sun and enjoy the warmth. The max temp was only 19.3C (reached at 16.03) but it felt so much hotter in the late May sunshine. Thankfully plenty more to look forward to over the next week. 

Satellite 18.00. Good for most but annoying cloud bubbled up for some: 53372738_Satellite27May18_00.thumb.jpg.23ba917d33ed8147af4e7652bd38db45.jpg

• Like 1