Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Very dull morning, unlike previous days where its been sunny but chillier. But already been out to cut back my photinia red robins that have overgrown like mad the last few months, cleaned up all the leaves and am now knackered.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Cloudy start with some brief rain. Stopped now, 11c.

Posted

Dry at the moment but overcast with a chilly easterly breeze. The weekend looks non to entertaining wind and rain, thank goodness for central heating and warm jumpers, looks like summery stuff is on hold indefinetly. Little portable greenhouse being delivered today ok for seedlings that are growing on the window sills will protect them from these cold winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Wet and cool today in the gardens. Rain good for the plants though. May have to abandon next job..

Posted

We had a quick shower here, heating has gone on as its rather chilly and greenhouse has arrived still in its box as its not nice enough outside to put up a large meccano set

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

We have had continuous rain, heavy at times for almost all of the day. Certainly very different to what Carol K was showing on her graphics this morning where we were not even in the area for rain and her telling us what there was being slowly moving south.

At least it is doing my allotment some good and I will not have to go there this evening to water.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047

Posted

Grey gloomy and cold not much else to say about this miserable friday morning, weekend looking not much better either if forecast is correct☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Rained on and off all evening and at times overnight after a thoroughly  dismal day and was still raining when I got up this morning. Stopped raining about 9 a.m., but still cloudy.

Posted
5 hours ago, claret047 said:

Rained on and off all evening and at times overnight after a thoroughly  dismal day and was still raining when I got up this morning. Stopped raining about 9 a.m., but still cloudy.

Only had light rain in the last couple of days or so - just cloudy yesterday and today. I watered the garden this afternoon, the ground is so dry. Still avoiding the storms I keep reading and hearing about this month.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 hours ago, Harry's House said:

Only had light rain in the last couple of days or so - just cloudy yesterday and today. I watered the garden this afternoon, the ground is so dry. Still avoiding the storms I keep reading and hearing about this month.

Same here ground still dry, there must be a rain shield on the sussex coast.

Posted

Looks like everyone else is in hibernation cannot say I blame them as its orrible orrible here and looks like it will be chilly and wet for days' is this the ouch factor?

Posted

After the morning rain, it has stopped and if anything, the skies are brightening, but the NW radar shows some heavy looking showers to our south so this afternoon could well be a mix of sun, showers, and the odd rumble?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Wow! this weather is woeful...looks like we could be in for another -1c (at least) anomaly month going by the 1961-90 series, I wonder what's causing this? a throwback to the 80's and beyond.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I’ve come on for a moan….3rd damp cool Saturday here in Mid Norfolk…weather next 2 weeks looking no different in fact looking even more wetter than it has been. So fed up, doom and gloom in the news with June 21 unlikely to happen, We all new we’d pay for this with Spring last year being the complete opposite…what worries me is  if we don’t have a summer business will be in tatters. Can’t even jump on a plane and head to warmer climate…ugh , 

• Like 1

Posted

Seems soggy suffolk will be good description for us, no sun, tiny shower earlier and rain in forecast for next few days. Today has been gloom and murk sat with heating on now, at least meccano kit has been erected told hubby it is a good erection pretty firm wind shouldn't demolish it!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Evening all, bertie bassatt weather today, I call it that, as you get allsorts, 1 minute im driving, it's nice, dry and sunny, the next, I can't see more than 20ft in front, as the rain is torrential. Certainly keeps you on your toes 

• Like 1

Posted

After a dull damp rainy drizzle cold fest of a day yesterday, woken this morning to sunny blue skies, light winds and its lovely out there. Will it last? Probably not according to the forecast, make the most of it whilst it lasts I guess.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Planned on a nice lay in this morning, the hailstones bouncing off the velux, had other ideas

• Like 1

Posted

Showers popping up all over the region now, clouds are gathering, not long before the blue becomes grey and we get another soaking it seems.

Posted

Had a lovely morning here but seems to be going downhill now, wind has picked up and although the sun is out we have a lot of heavy cloud around. Managed a nice coffee out at yoxford but not looking forward to tomorrow, nice to sit inside but hopefully will not meet a give me a hug person. I am not into lots of public displays of emotions really I am not a look at me type of person at all always thought that was more the theatrical artistic types thing or those who like doing selfies