Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I’ve just moved to Wellingborough in Northamptonshire which i presume is classed as part of the midlands thread, but i’m closer here to most others in this thread then I was in Norfolk and feel most comfortable browsing and making the odd weather comment here.. do you think i’m close enough to the regional border to get away with still using the south-east thread or do I have to move?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, Delka said:

I’ve just moved to Wellingborough in Northamptonshire which i presume is classed as part of the midlands thread, but i’m closer here to most others in this thread then I was in Norfolk and feel most comfortable browsing and making the odd weather comment here.. do you think i’m close enough to the regional border to get away with still using the south-east thread or do I have to move?

Your fine here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well, 1st storm chase of the year, saw some lovely flashes whilst at mum and dads in Rye, so me and my girl's drove down to dungeness and greatstone, sadly, the storm was moving too quick, by the time we got there, it was already out into the north sea. On to the next one, hope everybody is ok

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Just about managed 17c in the early evening, felt warm with light winds. Warmest day of the year here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's good to have some much needed rain here but disappointed the thundsertorms were all a bit too far east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

First time I've been here for a while, hello!

Raining here now but just shy of lightning and thunder. 

Add a couple of degrees on both temp and dew point with a bit more lift and we'd have a show. (Hope those on the coast managed to see something)

Still, it's only May and we could do with the rain!

Posted

No light show or bangs here last night, that I heard anyway, torrential rain for a while around 9pm though, rain from last night now just clearing the east coast. Feels muggy still, so possibly more showers today, but hope the sun pops out and drys the fields out, which are starting to get very soggy again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
29 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

No light show or bangs here last night, that I heard anyway, torrential rain for a while around 9pm though, rain from last night now just clearing the east coast. Feels muggy still, so possibly more showers today, but hope the sun pops out and drys the fields out, which are starting to get very soggy again.

A couple of weeks' back, we had balls of straw & grass rolling around like tumbleweed; not so, this morning!⛈️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

things are developing fast. checked radar, no rain coming, by the time i was half way to school it was that horrible but lots of fine rain. 

Posted
13 hours ago, Delka said:

This is your home  

Anyway reached 20C yesterday and it was humid so felt warmer, increasing cloud meant temps flatlined early, first in 5/6 weeks which is ridiculous. This May is not like recent years every day has had annoying wind, not many dry days either quite a big contrast on April seems we’re a bit back to front this spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely blue skies this morning, but windy. I hope convective infill stays inland today.

Posted

A cloudy start here, had a few light outbursts of rain, radar seems to show lots of showers around this morning, so expecting periods of sun, cloud and rain today. Looks set to be a tad breezy up until Wednesday too. 

Suggestions that the afternoon might be brighter, but this looks like the forecast for most of the week, at least its not bitterly cold in the mornings! 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted

Here's the latest Met Office forecast for the week . . . nae too bad, in our part of the world?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Afternoon all 

Decided it's probably safe to come out of hibernation at last! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

flickin Bedford is useless for storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The trough moving north combined with rising warm air from the strong May sunshine is giving some very heavy downpours and some T&L for the northern half of the Region. Notice how the coastal strips are staying mainly sunny in the southerly breeze. Satellite and radar at just after 13.00:

2063402950_Satellite11May13_05.thumb.jpg.f94a8676dbf38cf8e13503120ce7710e.jpg649828804_RadarTues11May13_10.thumb.jpg.0f782bcc76219a5d4fc00c935433fc86.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Caught the edge of a thundery shower here (looked to hit somewhere around the Oundle area). It actually feels pretty pleasant in the sun and light winds.

Posted

What a stonker of a day: castellanus trains early on, mostly sunny (but sometimes hazy) after that . . . absolutely ideal for weeding!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

What a stonker of a day: castellanus trains early on, mostly sunny (but sometimes hazy) after that . . . absolutely ideal for weeding!

Yes perfect day for gardening. Not too hot or cold. Lovely sunshine surrounded by natures best. 

20210511_160152.thumb.jpg.f0a051fae6b6cd8581a23bdaf2d45356.jpg 

• Like 3