Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another patchy frost to start, not too bad, just a couple of spots of rain from the thicker patches of cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Another patchy frost to start, not too bad, just a couple of spots of rain from the thicker patches of cloud.

Quite connective here whenever one big cloud leaves another one comes but hasn't actually rained a tonne except for earlier when it hailed for about 5 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Second afternoon on the trot with a very useful period of rain for my garden here in Suffolk. Radar at 18.45:

570064215_RadarSat01May18_45.thumb.jpg.5577de871d0129809c592c4af02b31e1.jpg

Posted
7 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Second afternoon on the trot with a very useful period of rain for my garden here in Suffolk. Radar at 18.45:

570064215_RadarSat01May18_45.thumb.jpg.5577de871d0129809c592c4af02b31e1.jpg

dry as a bone here ..

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2021.05.01-19_35_45.png

Posted
12 minutes ago, Snowfish2 said:

Evening. Any thoughts on rainfall for tomorrow 1pm onwards please?? 

You might be lucky on the north coast of Kent. The high res models are suggesting the shower activity stays further south from you (over central/southern Kent). Here's Arome forecast for 15.00 as an example (and other models similar). Good luck - presumably an outdoor event?

812723073_Aromeprecip02May15_00.thumb.png.87fc26d1ba7cece82755930c5e0396fa.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, TN9 said:

dry as a bone here ..

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2021.05.01-19_35_45.png

As is the way with showers TN. But hopefully (as it's been so dry) all gardens getting a good soaking later Monday into Tuesday. Wet and very windy will be a bit of a shock tho, after such a quiet April.

• Like 1

Posted

A look back at April 2021 here in East Anglia:

• Coldest April since 1986 (-2.4°C)
  • Joint 3rd driest April on record (10%)
  • 5th sunniest April on record (138%)
  • Highest number of April air frosts on record
  • It was only the fourth April in the past 40 years to not reach 18°C.

316729244_EastAngliaTop5Aprils.thumb.jpg.9017993f209b2dd1bdd1e9cfc33f45fd.jpg

Chart/stats courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Oh now the weather warning for wind tomorrow has been extended northwards.  Must admit I'm really fed up of the constant cold breeze  - and now we have windy and wet to contend with. The allotment is already behind and the next ten days is not going to help. Nothing in the polutunnel in germinating as they nights are too cold.

Like everyone, the last 14 months have been tough, I've been stuck in this pokey flat and I'd love a few pleasant and warm days where I can have some carefree days outside.

Posted
17 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

You might be lucky on the north coast of Kent. The high res models are suggesting the shower activity stays further south from you (over central/southern Kent). Here's Arome forecast for 15.00 as an example (and other models similar). Good luck - presumably an outdoor event?

812723073_Aromeprecip02May15_00.thumb.png.87fc26d1ba7cece82755930c5e0396fa.png

Noooo...it’s my birthday this week and we’re going out this afternoon to meet 4 friends at the pub. After we dodged all the showers yesterday (bar one very brief in the evening) it’s just my luck it’ll shower all afternoon. The radar does not look promising!

E008117B-4B4C-44AF-8DDE-079C000CB8AC.thumb.jpeg.d5c7088f5cca753a9c9eaba3b5207d4b.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent
Added a screenshot of all the showers coming to ruin my afternoon!

Posted
18 hours ago, Snowfish2 said:

Evening. Any thoughts on rainfall for tomorrow 1pm onwards please?? 

And the wind. Not really other thank goodness my new fencing was put in last Friday. 

Anyone interested growing stuff and want seeds at a reasonable price use this firm. Used them for the last few years. Simple packaging. Delivery so far has been prompt and not expensive.  You will need to check out their website for recommended growing instruction. Not shown on the simple packaging. 

WWW.PREMIERSEEDSDIRECT.COM

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Noooo...it’s my birthday this week and we’re going out this afternoon to meet 4 friends at the pub. After we dodged all the showers yesterday (bar one very brief in the evening) it’s just my luck it’ll shower all afternoon. The radar does not look promising!

E008117B-4B4C-44AF-8DDE-079C000CB8AC.thumb.jpeg.d5c7088f5cca753a9c9eaba3b5207d4b.jpeg

Happy Birthday! I hope you've got a table with a nice big umbrella and still manage to enjoy the afternoon. Folkestone definitely in the firing line for a shower or three. But a tiny bit of good news....... at least the temperature should be a little higher than recently.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Happy Birthday! I hope you've got a table with a nice big umbrella and still manage to enjoy the afternoon. Folkestone definitely in the firing line for a shower or three. But a tiny bit of good news....... at least the temperature should be a little higher than recently.

So you are 84 like your avita? Time for an update?

I really hope you have lovely day whatever. Very kind regards. 
Snipper. 

Posted

Bit of a liquorice allsorts day here, frost to start with no wind first thing then sunny with brisk breeze had light rain shower now very cloudy, with the brisk breeze, then to cap it all joy of joys weather warning for tomorrow for strong winds!!! Hope fences and polytunnels portable greenhouses and garden trampolines get well tethered down in peoples gardens. What will happen on may 17th weather gives heatwave and all the places allowed indoor clients ie pubs cafes etc will not need them known as sds law 

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Snipper said:

So you are 84 like your avita? Time for an update?

I really hope you have lovely day whatever. Very kind regards. 
Snipper. 

Hello Snipper. How kind of you to ask! I did indeed have a lovely day preparing my caravan for the first outing of the season in a couple of weeks time; off to the Norfolk Broads. Then enjoyed a couple of my neighbour's homemade beers in my garden at teatime. He's turned his house into a micro-brewery - well that's what his wife accuses him of doing, lol.
I'll pass on your thought to Brian. If you lean out of your window you'll be able to hear his response.

And on to the weather...... looking wet and windy from late afternoon thru to late evening today. Rain arriving by teatime in the west of the Region and reaching all areas by around 18.00, with Arpege suggesting 10-20mm for the west dropping to 5-10mm for the east up until 08.00 Tuesday morning.

1994672816_Arpegerainfallaccum04May08_00.thumb.png.effc7c1eab16a698722b0ebe9dbc6c6d.png

The strongest winds will be this evening from around 20.00 to 23.00 with gusts up to 80km/h (50mp/h).

1064427336_ArpegeGusts03May22_00.thumb.png.57053cb2b576623782f8395ec44c4af6.png

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hello Snipper. How kind of you to ask! I did indeed have a lovely day preparing my caravan for the first outing of the season in a couple of weeks time; off to the Norfolk Broads. Then enjoyed a couple of my neighbour's homemade beers in my garden at teatime. He's turned his house into a micro-brewery - well that's what his wife accuses him of doing, lol.
I'll pass on your thought to Brian. If you lean out of your window you'll be able to hear his response.

And on to the weather...... looking wet and windy from late afternoon thru to late evening today. Rain arriving by teatime in the west of the Region and reaching all areas by around 18.00, with Arpege suggesting 10-20mm for the west dropping to 5-10mm for the east up until 08.00 Tuesday morning.

1994672816_Arpegerainfallaccum04May08_00.thumb.png.effc7c1eab16a698722b0ebe9dbc6c6d.png

The strongest winds will be this evening from around 20.00 to 23.00 with gusts up to 80km/h (50mp/h).

Micro brewery?  If I visited it would be a real home from home. Make some really good beer here. A thoughtful son gave me some very nice equipment. Fortunately I had converted my detached garage into a garden room with worktop, sink and hot and cold water. It is my man den so no complaints from the management. 

If your mate wants another unhealthy but nice additional hobby how about curing and smoking bacon and fish? Attach photo of a cold smoker I made. 

6DFD348C-D38F-48BE-82EB-1FDB973B7836.jpeg

20E8BC7D-06DC-4FC2-9091-4FFECEB55052.jpeg

3732699E-94ED-45D2-B617-4512F5D8B1FE.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes its been a long time coming. As a gardener i am desperate to see some proper rain. However latest indications for our area seems to suggest that most of the main rain will be more to the north and west of us...(again ?..)

image.thumb.png.d57c27126f786ba06a796109e6ed6b81.pngCurrent radar

image.thumb.png.cbc4a9d39361d9b5d330f466c8367e08.pngForecast for Monday at 9pm.

I hope we end up getting more rain than what is forecast as the ground needs a good few hours of rain. In addition chance of more rain later in the week/next weekend when it also looks likely to warm up a bit . So, perfect growing conditions. In the meantime however a cold and blustery week to get through with possibly more frosts....most of the fruit blossom having been ravaged by frost is now going to be blown off the trees...not a kind spring to much of the plant/tree life. Nature is resilient though however I think output for this growing season will be affected...we shall see....

• Like 1

Posted

Horrible morning grey and blowy, cant decide if snipper has a large tea urn or still in his man cave. My other half has managed to brew without a still so far but every so often talks of making one, moonshiners on tv sets him off. Also smoker rears its head still remember best saucepan used with tea bags and sugar as smoker, saucepan ended on scrap heap and kitchen walls needed repainting, happy days

• Like 2

Posted

Wind steadily increasing here and there's just been a gust of 34mp/h (at 12.50). The Met Office have now issued a yellow weather warning. Methinks some beer garden umbrella's will go flying this afternoon. And guess where I'm going at 4pm to meet up with some friends?

WInd graph for mby:  1236071012_RadmacGusts03May12_50.thumb.jpg.862d4df6b44022eef53ee4b6a76a871d.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Getting windier here, but strangely it doesn't feel that cold at 13.5c 

Pretty bloody windy here already wasn't expecting it to be this windy so soon..

Perhaps some kind of squall pushing through later on... have tied all the plants down and moved things around in preparation.

Trees are bone dry which doesn't make them as flexible in high winds ... so expect a few broken branches trees down come the morning..

Nice to have a bit of "weather" for a change..

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Getting very windy here. Still dry though. Presently all the rain is to the north of us. Hope the forecast is correct for the rain to move over us later. Desperately need it...