Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

No rain again yesterday, this morning looks to have have some rain over us, but nothing reaching the ground......yet. Forecast to have some showers about later, personally be quite happy not to have them, yes the ground is now hard, but it wont last and Id rather not have soggy muddy yuck to walk around in after its taken so long for it dry out after the non stop deluge we had the first few months of this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Arpege suggesting two areas of wind convergence will occur over our Region later this afternoon, signalling where slow moving heavy showers are most likely. The Arome precipitation forecast in agreement. Hopefully some great photos of cumulus nimbus coming up later - my favourite cloud.

Arpege wind forecast 17.00 with convergence lines highlighted: 1704481324_ArpegeWind17.0030April.thumb.png.441d725e8361cf6ec970a8246e60c7e6.png

Arome precipitation forecast for the same time:   1701266324_AromePrecip17.0030April.thumb.png.3bfc6c385e116ba6d83b823899b1b17d.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A decent day top temp 13c would have liked a heavy shower or 2 but it's been sunny and at least bright for most of the day. Barely any wind either. 

Posted

Had a bit of rain earlier, just enough to wet the ground and now the winds seem to have shifted to SE, with still a chill to them, clouds building all around now, looks like more rain for this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It absolutely pieced it down in Toft Monks this morning, with several bursts of pea-sized hailstones, to boot! An horrible day, all told!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

I can't wait for the rain on Monday ! I had a brief shower here today and the sound of rain was music to my ears 

• Like 1

Posted

Recently had good hail shower lasting over 20 minutes, largest hailstone up to 6 mm diameter, but mainly small ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another cool day with a patchy frost to start. Dry today with cloud bubbling enough, but still some decent sunny spells.

April closes out with the theme that has held mostly firm for the entire month. An oddball month with significantly below average temperatures, significantly below average rainfall but also well above average amounts of sunshine thanks to the dominance of dry, polar air masses that limited cloud cover off the North Sea and also to a degree prevented infill set-ups with offshore winds.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Spot on by the high res models output earlier today. Here's the charts again for 17.00 (from my earlier post), starting with Arpege wind convergence lines, then Arome precipitation forecast, lastly the actual rainfall from the radar at 17.00:

2030432265_ArpegeWind17.0030April.thumb.png.1c0e1cb28948f19ec9926ed13e3fd8c7.png131133672_AromePrecip17.0030April.thumb.png.bbb6a5d3d7f30b892a01b252f05d024d.png1219471309_Radar30April17_00.thumb.jpg.25fac91fe06c521fddfdf7b43e47347c.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
3 hours ago, Hurricane Debby said:

I can't wait for the rain on Monday ! I had a brief shower here today and the sound of rain was music to my ears 

What rain ?  Had none at all here again today

Posted

Wasnt expecting to wake up to a frost, especially as it was still raining when I went to bed, but a hard frost on the grass at low levels, sun out but keeping an eye on the showers further north, hopefully they fizzle out before reaching here.

Posted

Met O yellow wind warning for Monday 12pm til 9am issued. Didn’t think it was gonna be that windy for a warning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went to Singleton Lake yesterday which I surprisingly haven't been to before and I'm glad I did.

We had a few drops of rain first going back in the car and a short heavy shower arrived when people were picking kids up from school but other then that it was all dry 

59.jpg

60.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
16 hours ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Me too!
I had a tiny shower here yesterday evening, what a wonderful smell! Perfect petrichor. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well that was an April I won’t forget in a hurry like last April but for very different reasons.Had 19 frosts here which is unbelievable and never happened in my lifetime !!like last year very dry but difference being last year was warm and sunny whereas this year was brass monkeys!!

• Like 1

Posted

Here was frosty earlier then came out sunny but now heavy cloud all around, seems may is starting of cold and going to be windy more like march. Wonder if this odd weather is a result of lockdown ie less travel by air sea water and land so less pollution, 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, suffolk lady said:

Here was frosty earlier then came out sunny but now heavy cloud all around, seems may is starting of cold and going to be windy more like march. Wonder if this odd weather is a result of lockdown ie less travel by air sea water and land so less pollution, 

I rather suspect it's just the luck-of-the-draw, SL? I think it was in May 1983 when I was watching the FA Cup Final, as we endured a rash of thunderstorms -- the temperature was somewhere near 9C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Met O yellow wind warning for Monday 12pm til 9am issued. Didn’t think it was gonna be that windy for a warning!

Trees are heavy with blossom and leaves now.

Posted

Had some heavy showers here and sky is black coming this way so another one on the way, really cold wind here as well not a day to be outside. Seems a typical bank holiday weather wise, reckon diy suppliers will do well personally i'm not bothered about sitting outside in pub gardens or cafes when need to be wrapped in blankets, can think of better ways to enjoy myself

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

First proper (albeit not overly heavy) rainfall since around the 11th of April falling. Strong smell in the air. Absolutely lovely. Actually making me look forward to a week-to-ten day period of heavy rain... sure I'll regret saying that soon enough though!