Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Thanks for making me feel guilty bb this sunshine has made my windows look so grubby i've bitten the bullet and been giving some of them a clean, my hubby asked me if i was feeling ok when he saw bucket and cloth in my hand. I keep telling him i have grown out of housework after 50 odd yrs of it i dont need any more practise at it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Skyblue sun and a temp of 12 degrees at the council waste recycling site felt pretty warm i can tell you..

Edited by minus10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Not a cloud to be seen and reached 14c that's more like it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Looks like we've well and truly entered the dry season again...just colder than last year (and others).

Posted
45 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Weather station now saying 15.2c a bit higher than I was expecting today...

Likely reading too high 13C at Heathrow. It may be sunny today but it doesn’t feel overly mild either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

if it continues to be dry like this, we will be banned from whipping out our hoses in the summer

14 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Likely reading too high 13C at Heathrow. It may be sunny today but it doesn’t feel overly mild either. 

Nope confirmed reading.. My weather station isn't cheap either in a very good location.. Same as one 2 miles away and one 3 miles away.

Here is the closets one to Heathrow at Bedfont:

619739756_heathrowweather.thumb.jpg.1a7110026fedd9684ad593543c0de2c6.jpg

Here is mine:

weather.thumb.jpg.5dac8c7e6c355fd8de6a61fc60c32e07.jpg

Runnymede

821438166_runnymedeweather.thumb.jpg.2c15338b0325aee1bd05f6dbf26aec65.jpg

Lyne

1943965571_laylemweather.thumb.png.811175234c38349b756357892a9175d9.png

We have our own heat oasis here.. happens every single time we are near guaranteed to be warmer than surroundings areas. The highest temperature on all of them was also recorded within the same time period.

Can 4 weather stations be wrong? Don't think so.. 

If we stay cloud free today we may even get a touch higher! Frost risk eliminating from early next week! The veg patch is well and truly alive!

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Another overnight frost here, although by the time I got out this morning alot of it had already gone, just some left in the shaded areas. Another bright sunny day on the cards, more of this I can certainly get used to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A ground frost last night, but at +1C the overnight minimum was the first to stay in positive territory for some number of nights. The afternoons are really quite pleasant atm, if you can get out of the breeze and stay in the sunshine that is. I spent a really nice couple of hours with friends in the beer garden of The George pub yesterday afternoon; a great atmosphere and nice to be getting life back to normal. 

• Like 2

Posted

The weeds appear to be doing better than the plants I actually want to grow. I wish I had Hammersmith and Fulham Council's remedies for the former: a flame thrower and a steamer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

The weeds appear to be doing better than the plants I actually want to grow. I wish I had Hammersmith and Fulham Council's remedies for the former: a flame thrower and a steamer.

Nowt like weeding with a flamethrower, CR. But, I doubt such an item would be too useful, in a polytunnel!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Cirrus and Accas, something big is coming and these clouds point to the lume that Lance M said could be possible next Week, in which case could be a good start to the Storm season if all goes well. 

IMG_20210418_160442.jpg

IMG_20210418_160433.jpg

Posted

nice day here out this morning for brunch and no cold wind to make outside sitting uncomfortable. Spent this afternoon making fruit buns hope they are ok as i added too much milk to dough mix, silly me, but added extra flour and they are proving at the moment and rising so  they will be ok. Must have had a senior moment

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Got a paraffin flame gun. Sounds like a V1 rocket. So good at zapping those pesky weeds. Up to 2000°c. To be honest just fun using it provided you don’t zap anything important. Like your prized plants or shed. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

nice day here out this morning for brunch and no cold wind to make outside sitting uncomfortable. Spent this afternoon making fruit buns hope they are ok as i added too much milk to dough mix, silly me, but added extra flour and they are proving at the moment and rising so  they will be ok. Must have had a senior moment

Like making rolls and buns. Do you happen to have a bread maker? If yes it is all relatively easy. Wack the ingredients in and leave whilst the bread maker makes the dough. Couple of hours or so later without any input. Pour the dough out onto a surface and knock it back a bit.  Cut into appropriate sizes. I tend to make rolls of about 80gm each. There is a technique for forming the rolls. Check out YouTube. But possibly you might have that sorted already. 

Made cheese and dried tomato rolls yesterday. Yummy. I did sort of cheat and used a Wrights bread mix. About £1 but gives you great rolls or bread. Customer services is good if it goes boobies up..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Had cricket practice today, didn't need my jacket, shows it's past Winter. 

Posted
8 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Nowt like weeding with a flamethrower, CR. But, I doubt such an item would be too useful, in a polytunnel!

4:20 is the nominated time for using the weed burner....

Posted

well what a mixed bunch of messages on here today, flame throwers bread makers singed polytunnels and nearly disasterous bun making, thank goodness the weather seems to have behaved itself 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Maxed at 14.5c early afternoon before the sea breeze kicked in and dropped the temperature off, sunny with some high level cloud.

Posted

Fab weekend weather actually been better than expected. Expecting 17C tomorrow that will feel rather warm! 

• Like 1