Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Beautiful walk, amongst the bluebells. Warm in the sunshine and then got caught in a few snow showers.......lovely ☺️ xx

Bluebells2021.jpg

snowsky2021.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just had the most spring like hail shower ever.

Sun out, gentle little hails just bouncing amongst the daisies in my lawn. 

• Like 1

Posted

46.c in the polytunnel his afternoon, but the 0.c nights still mean it's too cold to put most seedlings in there. So they remain in the flat getting in the way of everything! Quite shocked to find it had reached -4.c in the poly as some point in the last week!

Meanwhile at my sister's house in Yorkshire, the snow is settling.

Had to get the hosepipe out for the first time this year as the ground is very dry, light grey and crumbly, not sure my 100 or so onion/garlic/shallots appreciate that.

Hope it gets a bit warmer...but also hoping for a bit of rain! This dry, cold weather is not the gardener's friend.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Snow falling quite heavily now, not settling but probably the snowiest shower of the day. 

Posted

Just hearing some thunder to our north. Could it be thunder snow? The sky is black toward Peterborough and heading my way

Edit - yep, thunder show and some impressive lightning. Had about 2cm of snow in 10 minutes. Everything’s covered!

Edited by icy toes
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Thunder snow here, out of nothing, hammering snow and huge crack of thunder just now!! Was not expecting that - amazing stuff/bonus!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Another huge bolt and thunder, remarkable!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, icy toes said:

Just hearing some thunder to our north. Could it be thunder snow? The sky is black toward Peterborough and heading my way

Edit - yep, thunder show and some impressive lightning. Had about 2cm of snow in 10 minutes. Everything’s covered!

I know Grafham Water well Icy Toes as my parents used to live in Ellington. Big skies country. Quite a shower it looked on the radar. I expect it has felt cold by the waterside...

Edited by minus10

Posted
1 minute ago, minus10 said:

I know Graffam Water well Icy Toes as my parents used to live in Ellington. Big skies country. Quite a shower it looked on the radar. I expect it has felt cold by the waterside...

1 minute ago, minus10 said:

I know Graffam Water well Icy Toes as my parents used to live in Ellington. Big skies country. Quite a shower it looked on the radar. I expect it has felt cold by the waterside...

Definitely, @minus10 - it’s always windy at Grafham Water. Felt very raw today in the wind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
24 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Definitely, @minus10 - it’s always windy at Grafham Water. Felt very raw today in the wind

Yes i remember the cycle rides around the water and then back to the then Montagu Arms after for a much needed pint or two. Now ' The Cinnamon' restaurant / takeaway of course. ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

There's something wrong with the air quality around here right now, there's a slight mist, which is fine, but it smell of smoke, it's burning my throat and giving me a head ache. Someone must have had a bonfire or something.

Posted

Anyone know whether that more organised area heading into Wales right now is on track as modelled? Or is it a bit further north...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

A suprise covering of snow on the car and -2 this morning. Can someone message me when Spring gets here please

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, big storms and extreme weather

Light snow in Woking. Sticking on roofs and grass. 

BBC weather app is an utter joke! Broken sunshine and cloud! ??‍♂️

Edited by Mr.B
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The trough - organised line of showers - that came through the Region late last evening and overnight gave my garden a dusting of snow. Checking back on the radar it came through here at 01.00. Combined with the overnight temp down to -2.4C some of my garden flowers are looking very sad this morning.

The latest radar shows the area of rain, sleet and snow moving onto west London. The overnight trough is now out in the North Sea.

06.10: 1320101429_RadarMon12April06_10.thumb.jpg.c36074045a9e5e16d554ced567b4c629.jpg

• Like 2