Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Snowing lightly here in Woodchurch, was Snowing quite heavily earlier, did not expect this in April. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

A few snowflakes blowing in the wind in Clapham. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Snowing lightly here in Woodchurch, was Snowing quite heavily earlier, did not expect this in April. 

I've a video I recorded snow falling in Brixton on the 6th of April 2006 (I think) on my old Nokia.. I'm going to search for it when I get back home and post it. 

• Like 1

Posted

Was certainly a good surprise this morning, had some nice periods of snow in Bromley. Heavier than a quite a lot of the snow we had in that February spell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Wowsers. Snow flakes in Fleet ( NE Hants). Wasn't really expecting that! Spent the whole winter watching the snow avoid us on all sides and come April my patience has been rewarded ❄❄

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Snowing again here in Sheerness and quite big flakes eased of again can't ask for more it's April lol. 

Posted

Just been out for a walk in the sunshine and there are still snowflakes in the wind whirling around, weird, out of the wind its quite warm, so how its snowing I dont know.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

It's not unusual for snow in April ❄

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A solid half an hour of light to moderate snowfall this morning. The skies are now clear and it feels okay out of the wind.

The parameter are pretty much universally in favour of snow falling from any showers all the way until Wednesday when the wind veers westerly again. The temperatures at the surface will reach high single figures but that only affects how long the flakes hang around for once they land.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Nice sunny day out of the wind which is quite sharp. No sign of any convection here at present and looking at the radar no where else either apart from Northern Scotland and Northern Island ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nothing to report here, so here is a joke instead......don't know any clean ones so scratch that, Happy Easter, hope you didn't all shell out too much on Easter Eggs (symbol crash)

• Like 2

I too thought it was snowing this morning but it was soft hail.. I expect a fair few thought it was snow flakes and probs some mixed in but most was soft hail..

Quite pleasant if you get out the wind and the sun comes out.. 

What is concerning more than the cold is the lack of rain .. ground here rock hard and the clay is cracking up already 

20210405_133459.thumb.jpg.aa001e189e3b159804277b6084400aad.jpg

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well definately no convection here....

20210405_140846.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

After a couple hours of light/moderate snow flurries this morning it’s now pretty much blue skys with fair weather cloud. 

A lovely afternoon out of the wind and shade, that April sun sure has some strength  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had the lightest of snow/sleet flurries go through in Bexhill, I’m somewhat surprised!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Just came back from my Cricket Match, Kids V Adults, we started off well getting to 7 off of the 1st over and then I got a 4 and a 6 to get us to 17 off of 2 Overs. The Sun came out from behind the Clouds ad we began to look nervous as we lost a Wicket which lost us 4 Runs. We got to 21 off of 3 Overs but my Friend brought us some Runs with good shots to get us to 31 off of 4 Overs. They then batted and lost quite a few Wickets meaning that in their 4 Overs they could only get to 18.We then batted again. We had no answer to their Bowling this Time and lost quite a few Wickets and finished up with an overall score of 49 out of our 8 Overs. They started off well, I couldn't Bowl a single delivery that they couldn't seem to hit to the boundary before friend bowled well and was unlucky when the last delivery of his Over went to the boundary. They needed 8 off of 2 Overs but I managed to keep them to 5 Runs off of my Over in the end. My friend bowled very well for his first 3 deliveries including a very close shout for LBW but they got 2 Singles in two deliveries and charged through for the last. So we didnt do too well afte the Snow went away. 

Xander

Ps :

I think I've broken my phone, it's gone like a broken tv.

Screenshot_20210405_152145_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Eagle Eye