Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Morning peeps

It’s been a while since I have posted hope everyone is well and safe. I thought we were done with winter ❄️ but hey looks more than likely now that we have Mr freeze coming back to say hello. Amazing weather this week and the Met are really going for it early next week.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

A change to much colder conditions this week, with strong northerly winds bringing frequent showers of hail and snow, especially exposed windward coasts and hills. Becoming less cold on Wednesday.

Well let’s see what happens on the other hand the BBC were going for mainly dry on Monday for here so will be interesting to know what happens.

Apart from the weather hope all your families and friends are well. Will be missing all the winter posts as always but I will be back here for my next chase whenever that may begin humidity and night time thunderstorms. 

take care all for now lov you all best wishes.

stay safe

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I haven't posted for a while either! Just popped on here to see (hope!!) if the MOD thread could give ANY indication of nicer weather that I wasn't seeing in Meto Updates, lol!!

After such an amazing start to the week with all that lovely warmth and sunshine, the Easter weekend ends with such dismal I absolutely love snow but my fave time for it is December, followed by Jan then Feb - after that, I'm on the hunt for Spring and warmer, dryer weather!! Ah well, we were spoilt last Spring so you can't have it all but still, this cold spell is very unseasonal!!!

Hope everyone is well xx

• Like 4

Posted
20 hours ago, andymcpool said:

Bring back Steve m...♥️

He hasn't posted on twitter since March the 27th. 

Morning all, hardly the snowmegeddon showing that some in the mod thread seem to think is coming..

In fact for our part of the world it looks pretty bog standard early spring affair..and in any sun after the winds drop after Tuesday will feel pretty pleasant.. 

Screenshot_20210404-052544_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6584f5e670080f5027c256a385963a28.jpg

I also note a bit of de ja vu to last year in that it was very dry with little rain and we had  cold northly winds similar time in the year... coldies might want to be careful what they wish for as this has an even hotter summer to last year written all over it if we are comparing 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Cold and Grey, could mistake this for Kent, oh wait 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud melted away in the early hours to allowed a frost to form. However with clear skies likely for the entire day then it won’t feel too bad.

Much, much colder from tomorrow with some snow showers and widespread frosts overnight. It is a pretty potent plunge of cold air from the north, sufficient to bring frequent showers into north facing coasts, so Norfolk in particular could see occasional light coverings, I say that as the sunshine in between will melt this during the day.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Snowfish2 said:

Miserable Lot.. Cold. Is coming....  

yea but ..no but, really ,its a bit nothing down here ,going by latest charts ,week or two ago it looked good, last blast and all that ,but after nice start to last week 

it becomes a bit, cor its chilly; but not cold ,no nothing falling out of sky,grey as grey wall to wall cloud ,i am and more so you i guess ,having to endure☁️ the nagging north easterly wind,

and by lastest charts ,give or take, looks cold all month ,but not excitingly so 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Lovely sunny start and promise of a nice day today before winter makes a (final? ) visit. Enjoy today if you can..happy easter all..☀️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
27 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Lovely sunny start and promise of a nice day today before winter makes a (final? ) visit. Enjoy today if you can..happy easter all..☀️

There's the outside chance I'll wake up with six inches on Tuesday morning. And it's a long time since that last happened!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted

You have every sympathy General 

6 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

There's the outside chance I'll wake-up with six-inches on Tuesday morning. And it's a long time since that last happened!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
22 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

There's the outside chance I'll wake up with six inches on Tuesday morning. And it's a long time since that last happened!

Cant remember the last time i woke up with six inches. Even a couple of cms is pushing it...

Posted

Sunny now after a dull start, hopefully warms up a bit now, still got a few snow symbols showing for tomorrow, but anything that does fall wont stick around with the temps of 6c predicted by lunchtime, most likely cold rain in a howling breeze, lovely.....not.

Posted

Hope everyone is/has enjoyed the nice weather.  Feel I have achieved something by cutting the grass, tidying up and generally fiddling around doing stuff in the garden.

Last thing I want is cold weather and frosts. Plum blossom just coming out, which will be trashed. Asparagus just beginning to poke through. Plenty of seedlings in the greenhouse. Lovely time of the year when the weather is nice. 

I am in charge of lunch today. Well I usually do the roasts and similar. So something easy to pop in the oven that can lurk so I don’t have to check it much. Pot roast chicken with wine and herbs seems to be coming on nicely. Now need to cut some purple sprouting broccoli and get roasties ready. Should all fit in nicely with a beer or two or wine. 

• Like 1

Posted

Wish I had thought of that.

Unfortunately the family (plus others) are doing other things but not long before we can all be here for one of my wife’s or my meals.  Usually a joint event. We both like doing certain things. 

87FEDD3A-8D00-4853-9082-8D6A5F7FE422.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

quick update just taken recycling out and its really chilly in the shade, nice to know you cook snipper as im very uncoordinated my hubby does all of the hot cooking he has a problem similar to yours enlarged but no big c , since last august has had permanent catheter but no surgery in sight yet he does well but gets tired easily and frustrated that he cant be as active doing diy gardening etc like he used to do, think saying for today is isnt life grand if you dont weaken, have a lovely day everyone and especially snipper and family

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Hope everyone is/has enjoyed the nice weather.  Feel I have achieved something by cutting the grass, tidying up and generally fiddling around doing stuff in the garden.

Last thing I want is cold weather and frosts. Plum blossom just coming out, which will be trashed. Asparagus just beginning to poke through. Plenty of seedlings in the greenhouse. Lovely time of the year when the weather is nice. 

I am in charge of lunch today. Well I usually do the roasts and similar. So something easy to pop in the oven that can lurk so I don’t have to check it much. Pot roast chicken with wine and herbs seems to be coming on nicely. Now need to cut some purple sprouting broccoli and get roasties ready. Should all fit in nicely with a beer or two or wine. 

Hi Snipper. Your lunch sounds delicious!. Re plum blossoms. If the blossom hasnt opened yet then they may excape the worst of the frost. However it sounds they will be out fully soon. A tip is to give them a light hosing in the evening if you can before the night frost. The theory is the water in the flower freezes and protects the inner flower from damage by the frost. May not be 100% effective but is definately worth a try. Have a lovely day and enjoy your lunch

Posted
8 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

quick update just taken recycling out and its really chilly in the shade, nice to know you cook snipper as im very uncoordinated my hubby does all of the hot cooking he has a problem similar to yours enlarged but no big c , since last august has had permanent catheter but no surgery in sight yet he does well but gets tired easily and frustrated that he cant be as active doing diy gardening etc like he used to do, think saying for today is isnt life grand if you dont weaken, have a lovely day everyone and especially snipper and family

Yes frustrating when you get to an age that things are less than easy.

Had the joy of a hemicolectomy in 2012 with an encore of a radical prostatectomy in 2013. But following that the PSA reading gradually crept up. Elected to have radiotherapy in 2019. Seems to have sorted the problem so far as last test a few weeks ago showed for all practice purposes the PSA  reading as nil. Collateral damage yes but you try and work round it. Difficult on occasions not to let life grind you down. A lot if oh Sid it in our household. Hope all goes well with you and yours. 

Fortunately my family is all well. My son and family ended up buying my mum’s cottage in Southwold so they are really enjoying themselves.  Lots of nice photos today. 

Posted
4 hours ago, minus10 said:

Cant remember the last time i woke up with six inches. Even a couple of cms is pushing it...

Yes that is what my wife says 

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Hi Snipper. Your lunch sounds delicious!. Re plum blossoms. If the blossom hasnt opened yet then they may excape the worst of the frost. However it sounds they will be out fully soon. A tip is to give them a light hosing in the evening if you can before the night frost. The theory is the water in the flower freezes and protects the inner flower from damage by the frost. May not be 100% effective but is definately worth a try. Have a lovely day and enjoy your lunch

Lunch was delicious. Plenty of left over stuff. Always a challenge to try and see how many meals to get out of a joint/bird.  Apart from the bones and perhaps a little bit of skin nothing will be chucked. 

Thanks.  Can but try, as far as possible, keeping the frost at bay. If it isn’t the frost it’s the birds. The joys of trying to be a gardener?

Posted

my hubby regularly wakes up with 6inches, catheter tube that is. on that happy note have your tape measures out ready for tomorrows !!!!! SNOW

• Like 3