Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well today was a total bust forecast wise.Was expecting a repeat of yesterday and although started off bright here in locksbottom that went by 9.30 and it has been a gloomy old day with the odd spot of rain now and again.Still warm though and was very pleasant working today in t shirt and shortsDon’t think I will be doing that again for the next 10 days if the forecast is right as it looks like getting colder from Friday and unseasonably cold from next Monday!☹️

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

could get interesting  over  easter!!

gfs-2-120.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hi fellow south easterners, I hope everybody is well, not been on here much lately, but thought I'd pop in, and what do I find, hysteria, in the mod thread, no, that's not a pretty flower either. Old man winter not finished yet, what a shock after the last couple of day's. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi

All popped in for opinions on snow for bh mon.??

Posted

Morning all well  well well. Our climate never ceases to have something up its sleave... gone from shorts and a t-shirt to coming back on here when friends tell me snow is predicted on Monday. 

Think it will be a couple of layers for golf Monday afternoon... unbelievable waited 4 months to play golf and 2nd game its cold enough for snow. My hibernation in here usually lasts till summer 

@TomSE12 so sorry to read about your son. 

• Like 1

Posted

Brisk NE wind this morning, blows away the cobwebs first thing, not as cold as the last few mornings though. Still got snow symbols for monday/tuesday for this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
21 minutes ago, glowgreen said:

what all this about snow monday . that said is it april fools day today 

Probably more sleet and hail for the South East IMO, but still an interesting brief spell coming up. The feel like temperatures will be of interest.

• Like 1

Posted

Talking to my mum this morning, she said that the day my sister was born, 4th April 1966, there was snow in south Harrow, quite a bit she remembers, so you never know, we might get some mon/tue.

Posted

What a change in weather and temps, cold grey and howling wind here stood outside earlier cleaning tumble dry filter that wind is bitter cold, cant believe yesterday sat outside with coffee and no top coat. Looks like i could be needing my snow boots for monday oh what fun 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Big variations around the region. Feels warmer here than yesterday as the sun is out and temps are roughly the same still t shirt and shorts for me. Cold hasn't quite reached here yet.

Posted

22.8c tuesday & 23.2c yesterday but only just pushed 10c today so feeling quite chilly compared to the last couple days already.. not looking forward to anything colder or possibly snowy anymore now i’ve had a taste of summer!

Morning all, thought I would drop in after a hectic month with my business (which is good!)

We potted up the giant bamboo this week 

20210331_144613.thumb.jpg.2440ec1e9a7a3c27f444f72fa4c8c1d4.jpg20210331_144620.thumb.jpg.2a2838c8474cafc6cf2f8c1aa3d47a32.jpg

pretty tough going but we managed it and they look stunning...

not sure what all the hype is with the current cold spell incoming. A lot of disappointed coldies I fear... I got sun burn on Tuesday on my face the sun is gaining its strength back meaning any snow will last 5 minutes...infact many places will probably see a mix of hail and sleet ..

More looking forward to the risk of some potential thunderstorms with any cold uppers and sun strength now its a recepie for April showers..

Although not un common to see cold in April its not the ideal situation... with restrictions relaxing this will only mean people mix indoors... rule breaking is past 60% now... with most admitting to breaking some kind a rule..

Not to mention all our farmers planning crops etc now have an added worry of frosts etc.. not ideal when you are trying to repair an economy...

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

GEM & GFS showing max daily surface temperature of 2-3c across most of the south-east Mon-Wed and yet the met office app continues to show max temp of 7c across South-East (barely cold enough for sleet) . So wondering which of them is right ? 

• Like 2

Posted

grey cold and windy here, heating on so quite cosy sat here with my cuppa been toying with the idea of making  hot cross buns but as ive been good and washed floor after hubbys decorating yesterdaymaybe not. Happy easter to you all and even if you were able to be in sunny spain new rule there now is masks to be worn on beaches not much fun according to my family that live there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Cold but very pleasant out there. Went for a 6 mile walk in the country this morning and seeing the flowers beginning to bloom and trees with blossom gives me hope better days are coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Nice forecast for Monday and Tuesday from the Met . Let's get summer type weather going after this though .

8A10C200-5645-443C-9A52-9C322C71D153.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

think we are shareing your weather blazerblue, glad we are at home in the warm, catchphrase for today hi de hi happy campers and the best of luck out there