Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Cloudy, breezy, 30mph gusts all day. Will have to wrap up for my lunchtime walk, I think! 

At least tomorrow looks sunnier, if still breezy, Tuesday is the best day, forecasts seem to be suggesting more cloud by mid-afternoon on Wednesday now. After that who seems to know, but whatever happens over Easter weekend it doesn't look like it's going to be 20c and Sunshine! 

Posted

yucky horrible day grey murk and strong wind gusts, just watched live video of iceland volcano very interesting and yesterday had tour of australia courtesy of jane macdonald cruising program on tv at least feel like im travelling and learning while stuck at home because of lockdown. Also easter weekend still not looking very promising weather wise oh well bring out the chocolate and keep entertained with tele and netweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of 25th March 2021!?

Edited by Iceman2606

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Does anybody know what the record is for the latest ice day in the south-east? Also the coldest April max?

Looks like we've got a few nice days coming up, wonder if we could see a 24c or 25c somewhere in the SE?

Really hoping this cold spell doesn't come off over Easter, all for it between November and March but with lockdown ending I want to be able to typically British and sit in a beer garden and get sunburnt. 

Enjoy the next few days and here's hoping the cold spell fades away to nothing.

• Like 1

Posted

what a lovely bright sunny morning to start the new week with, the sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray shinning on the first baby step out of lockdown

Posted

Early morning cloud has burnt back, I wouldn't say we got pure blue skies, there's a wisp of white around. Probably around 14/15c in a slight breeze.

I work in education, and schools in London don't close until Weds, some even on Thursday for Easter, so it seems we're potentially missing the 'best' weather for the Easter period as the change seems to start on Thursday. On a plus with schools being open for most of this week, it means we can hopefully take advantage of the next-stage of easing from the 12th! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Only 13c here still quite chilly in the moderate breeze, 17c tomorrow should feel very warm with no wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

After a chilly start the skies cleared by about 9.45 here in Locksbottom and it has been wall to wall sunshine till sunset.Not sure what temperature got to but reckon we were around 17 degree mark.Felt lovely to have warm sunshine on my back whilst working and looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A really nice day, especially bearing in mind it's still March! Cloud burnt off around mid-morning here and then it was clear blue skies. The negative was the gusty wind, with a max gust of 35mph this morning, but that dropped away to a gentle breeze as the afternoon progressed. Max temp of 19C at 17.00. Tomorrow looking even nicer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The low cloud yesterday cleared mid-afternoon to leave clear skies and temperatures responded well (around 18c).

A clear start today and temperatures look set to rise well with many places hitting 20c potentially. Tomorrow now looks to be if anything slightly warmer as the south to south westerly winds will continue throughout the day under clear skies. Cooler and cloudier from Thursday though with some sunshine at times.

• Like 1

Posted

Wasnt expecting a frost this morning, but the fields were crunching under foot in the shade on the early morning stroll. Still its sunny and blue skies, warming up nicely.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Wasnt expecting a frost this morning, but the fields were crunching under foot in the shade on the early morning stroll. Still its sunny and blue skies, warming up nicely.

Similar, light frost in the gardens even around here! Currently sitting around 4.5c in the garden. Despite the urban mess that Croydon is, we can usually be 3c or so under whatever the BBC tends to throw over London (I presume they tend to put the highest temperature - so Heathrow!) .. so, I'm expecting 19/20c here today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Was lovely yesterday quite cold today though, the sheep were out yesterday.

IMG_20210329_163416.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It's looking likely to be a warm day today hope no breeze comes and spoils it! For my location Thursday is actually looking the warmest day here. Dropped to 4.2c on the coast.

Posted

Stunning start to the week when weather is like this it is unbeatable. Much preferable to summer heat and uncomfortable nights. 

E463C7E5-AF5C-460F-BCD9-E7BD064129DC.thumb.jpeg.26e9189b00be1eabb62161e4d9d5275c.jpeg