South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Finally some active weather, going to be a blowy 24-36 hours 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The rain is only just getting here now, very light. Been slightly windy though. Please tell me it's not still showing 85-90mph gusts over the south east coast areas, around tomorrow's morning school run. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

real change from yesterday wet and windy here now will be fun tonight as that is when we will get strongest gusts so forecast says, looks like it will be time to have topped up flask and torch to hand in case we have joy of powercut. hubby still in hospital awaiting scan and on painkillers talk of it being an infection caused by his long term catheter chance he could be sent home with meds late today or tomorrow depending on scan result, thankyou all for good wishes much appreciated

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

The rain is only just getting here now, very light. Been slightly windy though. Please tell me it's not still showing 85-90mph gusts over the south east coast areas, around tomorrow's morning school run. 

Might be a bit draughty.  Possible gusts. 

9DE0833C-9457-44EE-937B-E611360E580C.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, suffolk lady said:

real change from yesterday wet and windy here now will be fun tonight as that is when we will get strongest gusts so forecast says, looks like it will be time to have topped up flask and torch to hand in case we have joy of powercut. hubby still in hospital awaiting scan and on painkillers talk of it being an infection caused by his long term catheter chance he could be sent home with meds late today or tomorrow depending on scan result, thankyou all for good wishes much appreciated

Completely different day today. Its like back into winter, cold and wet. 

Sorry to hear about your husband SL  I wish him well, and also you and your family  . Tough times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Afternoon all!

Few models toying with possible colder air, but confidence low. Perhaps come the weekend we may have a clearer picture and who knows, someone may get lucky.

Meanwhile...

Currently in Riga, helping the Brother in law following their recent move to a bigger place - has been -7/-8 over a few nights but nearer 0c. Light dusting and flurries now and again but overnight where I have been since before Christmas in the east of the country we have had 8 to 10 inches of snow fall. Light snow around 3am but heavier between 6 and late morning. 

Screenshots from our CCTV below.

We have had laying snow from around 18th Dec to mid Feb, temps up to 10c, then down to minus 15, snow coverage on and off and suddenly this. It seems moisture is building as air moves across the country and we hit the sweet spot.

This link is live from about 30km away.

Latvija_Rezekne_Latgola-hotel-view-from-
BALTICLIVECAM.COM

Travelling to Latvia? See the weather forecast in Rezekne with the HD live stream webcam from the Hotel Latgale. See this and other Webcams in Latvia.

Due to head back tomorrow morning - we had 7 lambs born 2 weeks ago from 2 of our flock that fell pregnant in the Autumn so need all hands on deck to help. Plus clearing snow off all branches, roof tops etc to keep buildings warmer inside.

And more snow forecast for the weekend.

Will be looking to head back to Blighty around mid-April. Missing the sound of seagulls... never thought I'd say that.

Screenshot_20210310-161431_CamHi.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-161444_CamHi.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-161457_CamHi.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-161552_CamHi.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-161607_CamHi.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been a miserable cold and progressively windy day here in Locksbottom but not had as much rain as was forecasted.temperature not moved much from 5.5 this morning and currently 6.8 @6.15.Looks very very windy tonight and tomorrow-hope the fence posts and panels stay strong??

stay safe

Posted

What a cruddy day its been, non stop rain all day, albeit not heavy all day. Winds 23mph with gusts 40mph so far, so not bad.......yet.

• Like 1

Posted

agree with above poster, wind howling around outside the odd bang out there but no way am i checking outside bad enough earlier in daylight bringing wheelie bin from outside of of front garden onto drive. Family not impressed with me as i was given strict instructions not to do anything silly while their father is in hospital but told them i managed bin ok. flask now filled torches on table maybe they wont be needed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Wow, it's getting wild out there now!

Looking at GFS and aperge it seems the worst is yet to come, roughly 3am to 6am. Very blustery for a few days after tomorrow too.

Stay safe all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Gusty in the foothills of Tunbridge Wells.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
7 hours ago, Hotspur62 said:

Been a miserable cold and progressively windy day here in Locksbottom but not had as much rain as was forecasted.temperature not moved much from 5.5 this morning and currently 6.8 @6.15.Looks very very windy tonight and tomorrow-hope the fence posts and panels stay strong??

stay safe

Oh God... its 1.50 am and its getting gusty and I hadn't thought about......fence panels .

Posted

I was watching the news and it looked like light snow in London, I'm thinking it's rain with lighting making things look weird., But the wind must be strong as some of it was moving upwards and all over the place like snow does lol.

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

A bit windy today can't wait to try and walk to the bus stop.

I'm dreading the walk to school, we walk over a down, and my son hates wind. It's going to be a hard morning.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Nice walk in the breeze this morning, backwards in the gusts, cleared the cobwebs away. Rain incoming by the looks of the radar, can deal with the wind, but rain with it, blurgh!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday's rainfall totals show a north/south split for the Region, with locations on the South Coast barely registering any rain.

1257051179_RainfallTotalHiResRadar10Mar.thumb.png.e9cea782e0e79506d32ce88dcb36ef76.png

So far this morning plenty of 50+ mph wind gusts across the Region, with Rochester in Kent currently recording the strongest gust at 58mph.

837850942_RadarThur11Mar07_10.thumb.jpg.1d58e05bb3d6cb79ce1089e121004776.jpg

Charts: Netweather Extra HiRes Radar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Very windy in London this morning, the usual wheelie bins exchanging front gardens. Mine tried to rehouse itself 3 houses away.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Gusts already of around 60mph up here and some heavy rain around as well. Not a pleasant start to the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Strongest gusts up to 09.00 in the East:

• 61mph Bedford + Wittering
  • 60mph Marham + Weybourne
  • 59mph Tibenham 58mph Andrewsfield + Southend-on-Sea
  • 55mph Luton, Mildenhall, Norwich Airport + Wattisham
  • 54mph Shoeburyness
  • 53mph Lakenheath + Monks Wood
  • 48mph Stansted

Figures from Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

still very windy but sun trying to come out of hiding, have what looks like trampoline cover appeared in front garden parachuted in earlier not going out there to investigate as i am unsteady at the best of times[ neuro condition]