Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Torrential rain in South London for last hour or so. Temp is 9c

Forecast was light showers and 13c.

Gotta laugh really. 

Mind you the little feature that's caused the deluge has come up from the south so they are hardly going to get that right.

• Like 3

Posted

WE haven't made it past 6 degrees yet - not looking forward to 4+ days of cloud and low temps, no sign of any wintery precipitation though.

At least one sharpish frost forecast too for the gardeners to bear in mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yes properly poor forecast for the week from the BBC so far, watched the Monday lunchtime forecast with the 'shaffer' and for today it was meant top be becoming brighter with some scattered showers and temps between 11- 14c in reality it's been murky/misty some steady rain the last hour and temps hovering around 5c!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

One of the worst days this winter ( or the very beginning of spring if you like ). Dull, misty, murky and for last couple of hours wet with a temp of 5 degrees! ☹ Anything but this as it feels like we are still a bleak day in early January. Lets hope the predicted ramping up of jet stream can rid us of this next week. Sunshine urgently needed now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Here still foggy, and also dry.

My mistake foggy and just stopped raining. Didn't even know it had.

Posted

What a miserable old day it has turned into. Didn’t start off too good. Apart from a Morrisons experience and a trip to a wholesale nursery to buy some red currant bushes I don’t feel I have achieved much. Made some nice  granary rolls and got a new brew on. Thank goodness I cut the lawns yesterday.

Oh for some more nice spring weather. Got plenty of things to do outside. Make a new gate for starters. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still have fog here, seriously thick at the moment. Glad I'm not driving through capel right now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
17 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still have fog here, seriously thick at the moment. Glad I'm not driving through capel right now 

Getting foggy here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
21 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Me too I find driving in these conditions draining and disorientating. It’s a real pea souper here! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, fine wine said:

Heavy snow with huge flakes in north Essex.  Totally unexpected 

Hi-res models have been flagging the potential for some sleet/wet snow late in the night/first thing this morning since Tuesday - light winds and heavy showery precip allowing some evaporative cooling. Very marginal when you look at the temp/dewp spreads.

Yesterday's 06z KNMI HARMONIE, as an example...

ea_overview_202103040700.png

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
54 minutes ago, fine wine said:

Heavy snow with huge flakes in north Essex.  Totally unexpected 

Now thats weird, just passed another dog walker this morning who said yesterday they saw snow symbols for early this morning, I laughed and said were they mad! 

Anyway, another dull cloudy morning and rain overnight and just started again, yuk,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wet night, but surprised that some had some snow falling. An early Spring bonus.

The low cloud has broken up a bit with the cooler air in place. A lot of cloud above that though but at least it is considerably brighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

4 degrees at almost 1pm. Cold out there in the gardens. Hoping for some sun☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Grey, dreary, cold day with drizzle in the air at times and a high of 6C. The cold front currently moving down from the north will at least clear away the North Sea murk and give a brighter day tomorrow with some sunshine.

Cold front at 16.20: 2083860036_Radar04Mar16_20.thumb.jpg.fa7645af408f9074388ddfa1320875b2.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Cor that NE wind is bloomin cold tonight. But as Blessed said, at least it will clear away the murk and maybe get some sunshine tomorrow, which will be welcome after the gloom of the last few days.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Cor that NE wind is bloomin cold tonight. But as Blessed said, at least it will clear away the murk and maybe get some sunshine tomorrow, which will be welcome after the gloom of the last few days.

Doesn’t look like there will be much, best chance of brighter spells in morning. March quickly becoming well below average here average max 4.5C below average the min 1C below, highest max so far been 8C so really it’s seemed more like winter. The models were very off was expected to be milder at this point.

3878BC46-1A3F-4CD9-A4B3-3B5D3F140209.thumb.png.d3896ed5dc496f620f7705145f6a0bce.pngB3DCC957-04B1-42EC-A6BF-4ECDFBAD3C15.thumb.png.cff5b384f216c5aaa1bace362429fa6a.png

Posted

Colder than I thought it’d be when I popped out in my lunch hour. Thought the big coat was done with for winter but I guess it’ll be needed a few more days at least.

Currently 3.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What is it with the M4 motorway 'barrier'? At the moment it's doing a great job of stopping any cloud from streaming further south, so a lovely sunny start for folk in the south of the Region.

07.45 1834343669_Satellite05Mar07_45.thumb.jpg.ff3fa2a534cc4cb13abe20eb86e91ea9.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

What is it with the M4 motorway 'barrier'? At the moment it's doing a great job of stopping any cloud from streaming further south, so a lovely sunny start for folk in the south of the Region.

07.45 1834343669_Satellite05Mar07_45.thumb.jpg.ff3fa2a534cc4cb13abe20eb86e91ea9.jpg

That makes sense of the clear blue skies I woke up to this morning that rapidly converted into the cloudy slate-grey variety, no doubt giving us yet another chilly day. At least the ground is getting a chance to dry out, although plentiful parts of our local parks and woodlands are still swampy to quite a depth, catching you out and leaving wet mud-covered boots in their wake for the unwary - yes, mine are still drying out under the radiator!

• Like 1