Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

Blue skies all day here and just nudged 14c.

I'm jealous! It's been a real north/south split of the Region today. I've been stuck under the cloud in Suffolk with the max temp only briefly reaching a chilly 6C whilst your location enjoyed clear skies and 14C.

The Arpege cloud cover forecast for 16.00 showed the Regional split (cloud white, clear sky black):

2128248375_ArpegeCloud01Mar16_00.thumb.png.219f0bc3f061a81dd4402058525b1361.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A little bit of sunshine this afternoon, more so at work in Huntingdon where the cloud was properly breaking up. Not the case 15 miles north in Peterborough though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

I'm jealous! It's been a real north/south split of the Region today. I've been stuck under the cloud in Suffolk with the max temp only briefly reaching a chilly 6C whilst your location enjoyed clear skies and 14C.

The Arpege cloud cover forecast for 16.00 showed the Regional split (cloud white, clear sky black):

2128248375_ArpegeCloud01Mar16_00.thumb.png.219f0bc3f061a81dd4402058525b1361.png

Well it was wrong about East Kent in general, had a hospital appointment today, and it was cloudy there too, as well as Dover, and in-between. It wasn't cloud it was slight fog.

• Like 1

Posted

Yuk, another misty/foggy dull damp morning. Yesterday the sun never showed itself all day, hope its not the same for today. Want the sunny frosty mornings back, hate this damp crud.

Posted

Seems the forecasts have changed overnight, more cloud overnight than expected? Same start to the day today as the last few days, almost identical forecast too which suggests the cloud should burn back by 12-1pm leaving us with a few hours of sun before the end of the day. Today's high temperature has also been shifted back a couple of degrees too, now saying 10-11c rather than the 13-14c which was over us yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

My little slither of coastline seems to be the first to burn of the cloud, sun coming through already. I'm very lucky compared to most near the east coast, 7.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I've had beautiful clear blue skies the past 3 days giving me a positive mood as it reminds me of Summer but today as I woke up its gone back to dull and uninteresting cloudy weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Yuk. Same old thing for the last 2 days.

image.thumb.png.4cf08bd5dca71c947917eb3a0a744d1f.png

Posted

More sun here today, although it is hazy, shinning through light fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

The sunshine has pieced through again, though not as clear blue skies as the past 3 days but still nice enough for me to enjoy it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.c5ecd172dc8f6fd2bdd323cfc8fce058.png

6.7c under the lurking cloud, whilst 12c at Langdon Bay. 

image.thumb.png.8b2893d9e212a55ddf9567ca3e730625.png

Cloud/mist has truly taken the mick here. Building off the sea in the latest frames. 

Posted

Low cloud was slow to clear here went around 2pm, was forecast to reach 12C but max ended up only 8C it did feel quite chilly. An interesting sunset Saharan dust + pollution ? - atmospheric.

F93FEF05-B3DB-4B8A-A794-4EB824985A25.thumb.jpeg.96d32b8ad48ea2b3f7f5fe1eb8ca6638.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Been a nice sunny but light foggy day, fog still around now.

Morning all must have been very foggy last night everything is damp some showers moving around as well.

Just run through the GFS and what strikes me is how dry it seems to be after a few blips here and there. I recall last match being very dry unless it was a year or o before...

Seems to be an occurring them of very dry starts recently in spring after above average wet winters...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I knew it was going to be foggy but didn't expect not to see the end of my garden!

Also seem to have a thunderstorm symbol for 9am.

Posted

Another misty/foggy morning, sound like a broken record. Fog seems to be thickening too in the last hour. But what the heck is going on with the beeb app, showing thunder symbols for 9am! 

Posted

A more misty start around here this morning, about 3c at present. Forecast (ha!) is for it to be about 12c today but pretty much a chance of light rain at any time really. Unsure if I fully believe the forecast as they got yesterday very wrong! 

Posted
10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone got brewing fog

It was brewing allday here, finally had proper fog by the time you wrote this last night.

Still have proper fog now.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

It was brewing allday here, finally had proper fog by the time you wrote this last night.

Still have proper fog now.

Sure it's not scotch mist , where are our scattered showers ,looked at radar last night there was a few hefty ones coming out of northern france ,looked this morning and looked about the same as last night ,don't know what they have been up too

Posted
26 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Sure it's not scotch mist , where are our scattered showers ,looked at radar last night there was a few hefty ones coming out of northern france ,looked this morning and looked about the same as last night ,don't know what they have been up too

Me neither lol, but the fogs still here, at least it looks like it's trying to lift now lol. Think it'll start getting thicker again soon, showers probably unlikely, although I have had a thunderstorm in fog before, which was interesting. Could see lightning and here thunder while the storm was still in France. Did make it over too, was a good night, around 2013/2014 time.

• Like 1

Posted

dry here but gloomy and grey, had fog earlier, noted even sea gulls sat on next doors roof looked undecided on where to fly to in fact they looked fed up, everything seems very drear locally, maybe todays budget could be causing the usual what are we going to have to pay out extra for now? 

Posted

Today it doesn’t appear the low cloud is budging at all, the fog was very thick overnight doesn’t feel very springlike ECM forecast 13C today highest today has been 7C. 

• Like 1