Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

A few hours ago, I heard the deeply distressing news, that my Son Antony passed away, in his sleep overnight.

Antony was in the advanced stages of Huntington's Disease, which is a genetic and terminal illness.

Antony inherited the condition from his Mother, my first Wife.

He would have been 40, next Month.

He passed away at Home, where he lived with his Sister Hayley, and her Boyfriend.

I realised that Antony was only a matter of Months away, from being placed in a Care Home but thought he might still have another few Years of Life to come.

It obviously was a tremendous shock to hear the news of his passing, from my Daughter's Boyfriend.

I have just put an In Memoriam post up in that Thread, to Antony's memory. 

Regards,

Tom. 

So sorry for your loss Tom. may he rest peacefully x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

So sorry Tom to hear your sad news. Thinking of you. Xx

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

A few hours ago, I heard the deeply distressing news, that my Son Antony passed away, in his sleep overnight.

Antony was in the advanced stages of Huntington's Disease, which is a genetic and terminal illness.

He passed away at Home, where he lived with his Sister Hayley, and her Boyfriend.

I realised that Antony was only a matter of Months away, from being placed in a Care Home but thought he might still have another few Years of Life to come.

It obviously was a tremendous shock to hear the news of his passing, from my Daughter's Boyfriend.

Regards,

Tom. 

Please accept my sympathy at this sad time.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

My deepest sympathies Tom

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 17c, the warmest day of the year so far. The highest temperatures today’s were towards North Norfolk thanks to the wind direction.

As others have said already, deepest sympathies to @TomSE12. Hope you and your family are doing okay.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
8 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

Oh how awful. I'm so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you Tom x

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

I'd just like to thank all those Members above again, for your very kind words, regarding my Son Antony's, passing.

A couple of hours after Antony and Hayley's Mother (my first Wife) died, they wanted to have a bit of comedy, as a timely distraction. They chose to watch, "Monty Python's Holy Grail." 

I was amazed by my children's, stoicism.

Although their Mother's passing was totally expected, it was still a terrible shock, for all of us.

Antony was 27 and Hayley was 25, at the time. Far too young, for them to be losing their Mother.

In the memory of Antony, we've just had a repeat of that moment in time.

Colette, myself and my Stepson, just watched the same Film.

Just want to post up a few of Antony's photos, I posted on the In Memoriam Thread, a few hours ago:

image.png.34b86209b44827a6aa1a11c39cde3397.png  Antony at 6 Months, with his Mother, my first Wife Jackie-Lee.

image.png.e40778c8a311f367469c6773c10adf80.png  Antony at 3 and a half, and his Sister at 18 Months.

image.png.c298bdef697bd3b9a2f6eecb1a46f25f.png  Antony next to my Mother (R.I.P.), his Italian Nan, on her 80th Birthday, in 2004.

image.png.3ff1d9843e9c3ffdfd53229412cc3ee8.png 

Hayley/Antony (extreme left), with an English Cousin and 3 Italian Cousins, in 2006.

Sadly the 2 Boys in the photo, have now passed away.

image.png.3cd2b6f078c747fb2ec543b174ca7439.png The last photo I took of Antony, in the hot Summer of 2018, with Dad's Panama Trilby.

It must be a very strange Evening over in Chislehurst, where Antony lived with his Sister, and her Boyfriend, and I bet their 4 Cats, are missing him as well.

Thanks again, for all your kind words of condolence.

Kind Regards,

Tom, Colette and Family.

I’m so sorry to read your sad news Tom. All the very best to you and your family x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
9 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

My deepest condolences @TomSE12, thoughts are with you all, in these sad times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Just wanted to say a quick thank you again, to all those words of condolence above and P/M.'s I've received, regarding the passing of my Son, Antony.

Rest assured, your words have been a great source of comfort, to myself and Colette.

When I awoke this Morning, I was hoping that Yesterday had all been a terrible nightmare.

But very quickly, like being hit by a thundering express train, the stark reality sinks in that my Son is lying in an Undertakers, in Chislehurst High Street.

What makes this even worse for me, is that exactly a Year ago Tomorrow, I was struck by a Virus that I firmly believe was Covid-19, a few Days later Colette was also struck down, and some 11 Months later my Wife still hasn't regained her sense of taste and smell.

Our illnesses plus the rising Pandemic, has meant that we were forced to stay away from Antony, in fear of transporting CV into his House. This has meant that it's been over a Year, since we've been able to see him.

Another poignant irony is that Colette also had to give up her Job, as a Senior Carer in a Residential Care Home, a few hundred Yards, at the end of a Footpath where Antony, Hayley and her Boyfriend live, between Chislehurst and Elmstead Woods, on the N.W. Kent/S.E. London border. Colette has a serious Autoimmune condition, and if contracting Covid-19 could have serious consequences for her but as I stated above, I'm convinced we've both had it already.

I've only ventured out twice since February 26th, last Year.

Once in September, for a Flu/Pneumonia Jab, and a couple of Sundays ago for our first AstraZeneca Jabs.

My Wife takes me to the most romantic of places. bless her!!

Thanks again, for all your much appreciated words of condolence.

Yesterday has certainly put the wishing for one last Wintry spell, into stark perspective for me!!

Kind Regards,

Tom, Colette and Family.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Morning all, very mild still looks like we may have an amazing weekend weather wise I might get the BBQ out..

I to strongly believe back in early February last year I caught covid 19 . At the time there was no lockdown we didn't even have a symptoms list. I remember having the worse cough sore throat and aches. I was still working at the time and if it was now would be told to isolate etc etc.

I described the sore throat as glass shards then Matt Hancock used exactly the same comments when he came down with it.

I didn't loose my sense of smell but 1 week later the guy we were working for and my brother both got ill midly and lost thier sense of smell, my other brother got a cough and sore throat.

My Mrs was the source and was very ill the same as I was. She works in a school and was ill a week before me.

I tested negative in may for antibodies but was told the test was 67% accurate at the time.

This is worst bit.. my Mrs has her vaccine Friday next week, she has seizures which are now controlled with strict medication taking. When I mean strict if she forgets or misses the time it's taken each day the risk of a seizure increases by over 50% in some cases. She is the only 1 of 2 people in the school to be offered a vaccine out of all the teachers with a lot being 50+.

My concern now is how some people may treat others now they have had the vaccine and others haven't. Some may get jealous of act differently around you as they may feel your more important, when in reality it's all down to the risk covid imposes to ones health.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Oh Tom I'm so sorry to come here and read this today and the added tragedy of you having been stuck in and unable to visit in the last year is just heartbreaking  

I even wonder if I had Covid back in Sept/Oct 2019, I was ill for 5-6wks and took another 3wks to fully regain energy. It started out of the blue with a cough like I've never had before, normally I'd develop a cough after having had a cold and the cough develops to clear the lungs of excess mucous but this was just a sudden cough that was so bad I could barely move or speak or else I'd have a harsh coughing fit that would just go on and on.... this then changed to congestion on top about 2wks later and then to bronchitis. Obviously I'll never be able to prove it but it seems really strange and they know that Covid was in the environment here before we were testing and naming it as such.

I really hope this lovely weather we've been having continues to bring some light and warmth to an otherwise dull and cold (and wet!) winter. I love snow and have enjoyed the 1-2 days I got but I'm more than ready for Spring to come early and lift off this heavy winter, lockdown, wet and dull blanket!!xx

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
17 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

Deepest condolences. Gone too soon. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

During the older regional thread days there was a very short period of meetings between a few net weather members which also included Jan-Bromley and one or two others who do not post on this thread anymore. Anyway, during that time I got to meet Antony, who, (most understandably) was not pre-disposed to wanting to meet other people - so it was a compliment to me that this happened. Despite the effects of HD, which already affected his speech and balance and care needed with swallowing food - I was amazed at the mental strength of him and with a sense of humour and strong perception that was admirable in the face of such acute disability. He had apparently also been quite a sportsman before the condition took hold and still had an obvious determination to try to keep active as much as possible. One of the most instantly likeable people one could meet - so after all this time later, this is very, very sad news. RIP Antony x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Surrey said:

Morning all, very mild still looks like we may have an amazing weekend weather wise I might get the BBQ out..

I to strongly believe back in early February last year I caught covid 19 . At the time there was no lockdown we didn't even have a symptoms list. I remember having the worse cough sore throat and aches. I was still working at the time and if it was now would be told to isolate etc etc.

I described the sore throat as glass shards then Matt Hancock used exactly the same comments when he came down with it.

I didn't loose my sense of smell but 1 week later the guy we were working for and my brother both got ill midly and lost thier sense of smell, my other brother got a cough and sore throat.

My Mrs was the source and was very ill the same as I was. She works in a school and was ill a week before me.

I tested negative in may for antibodies but was told the test was 67% accurate at the time.

This is worst bit.. my Mrs has her vaccine Friday next week, she has seizures which are now controlled with strict medication taking. When I mean strict if she forgets or misses the time it's taken each day the risk of a seizure increases by over 50% in some cases. She is the only 1 of 2 people in the school to be offered a vaccine out of all the teachers with a lot being 50+.

My concern now is how some people may treat others now they have had the vaccine and others haven't. Some may get jealous of act differently around you as they may feel your more important, when in reality it's all down to the risk covid imposes to ones health.

Had exactly as you describe here, in late September,2019. Went to the doctor's cause I couldn't breath in early October. Had a fast heart rate, couldn't get a good reading on blood pressure monitor, gave me an ECG, cause thought it was heart, but that was normal just fast. Blood test.

Called back next day for more bloods and chest x-ray, cause something in my blood was very high, didn't say what. But was already much better, probably the main immune response day, the day before. Was given anti biotics, on the first appointment too, but they don't work that fast.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

Arrived back home from Canada last night visiting family. 
coming from -15c to +15c feels like a spring day In Spain here. 
The warmth here is very noticeable 

A anticyclonic spell on the way with dry conditions, much needed for the bogged waterlogged ground. 

Posted

Been a dull dreary and feeling chilly kinda day, no sign of the sunshine and radar been showing light rain overhead for a few hours now, but nothing reaching the ground, thankfully.  Hoping this weekend sees the sun come back, doesnt feel so bad when the sun is shining even if the temps are lower.

Posted
42 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Been a dull dreary and feeling chilly kinda day, no sign of the sunshine and radar been showing light rain overhead for a few hours now, but nothing reaching the ground, thankfully.  Hoping this weekend sees the sun come back, doesnt feel so bad when the sun is shining even if the temps are lower.

Had a few dollops here ,not drizzle ,thank God ,drizzle should be banned from the weather ,no good going under the radar (excuse the pun) as light rain ,deepest sympathies tom ,my heart's with ya

• Like 1

Posted

A lovely warm day here with some high cloud now making for a golden sky as the sun starts to set - isn't it fab now that it is well gone 5pm, nearly 6 actually, until darkness falls.

@TomSE12 I am so, so sorry to hear of the loss of your son, you and all around you must be absolutely heartbroken; my thoughts are with you all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I would also like to thank all those Members above, for their messages of condolence regarding my Son Antony. 

Regards,

Tom, Colette and Family.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

I would also like to thank all those Members above, for their messages of condolence regarding my Son Antony. 

Regards,

Tom, Colette and Family.

So sorry just hit my post at the wrong time. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 24/02/2021 at 13:54, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

So sorry to hear that, my deepest condolences 

Xander

My message above probably came at the wrong time

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2