Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The mild, sunny weather is lifting most people's moods IMO.

The last thing we need is more cold, rain or wind to spoil spring. 

• Like 2

Posted

breezy and starting to cloud over but currently 17c, feels like summer today!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hoping it cheers up this afternoon, planned on pottering around the garden, currently cool, cloudy and raining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.66074e2cb7d90fa5abd6e779914091e6.png

16.7°C

A degree lower than what was met in February 2019.

I want more of this!

• Like 1

Posted

Intermittent clouds, very light drizzle about 20mins ago. Feels lovely in the sun, noticeably cooler in the shade/breeze. Was 14.4c in the garden about an hour ago.

I guess this is what you call a typical spring day (In February!) 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

A few hours ago, I heard the deeply distressing news, that my Son Antony passed away, in his sleep overnight.

Antony was in the advanced stages of Huntington's Disease, which is a genetic and terminal illness.

Antony inherited the condition from his Mother, my first Wife.

He would have been 40, next Month.

He passed away at Home, where he lived with his Sister Hayley, and her Boyfriend.

I realised that Antony was only a matter of Months away, from being placed in a Care Home but thought he might still have another few Years of Life to come.

It obviously was a tremendous shock to hear the news of his passing, from my Daughter's Boyfriend.

I have just put an In Memoriam post up in that Thread, to Antony's memory. 

Regards,

Tom. 

God bless you !

thoughts are with you and this very sad time 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
5 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

A few hours ago, I heard the deeply distressing news, that my Son Antony passed away, in his sleep overnight.

Antony was in the advanced stages of Huntington's Disease, which is a genetic and terminal illness.

He passed away at Home, where he lived with his Sister Hayley, and her Boyfriend.

I realised that Antony was only a matter of Months away, from being placed in a Care Home but thought he might still have another few Years of Life to come.

It obviously was a tremendous shock to hear the news of his passing, from my Daughter's Boyfriend.

Regards,

Tom. 

So sorry for your loss Tom, all the best to you and your family

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

How sad, so sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun or heat
15 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

Sorry to hear Tom :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I'd like to thank all the Members above, for their kind words.

Tom, Colette, and Family.

Edited by TomSE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
23 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

So sorry to hear this Tom .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
23 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

So sorry to hear this news Tom, I know how much you loved your son. Deepest sympathies from all my family and I am always at the end of a PM if you need me.  Deepest condolences

Regards

Lassie

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
27 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

I'm sorry to here about your loss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
26 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

I dont often post, but just had to today. So, so sorry for your loss @TomSE12 ! Thoughts are with you, Collette and the family. Stay strong buddy! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Much thanks to all those further messages of condolence, from Members above.

Myself and Colette, havn't been able to see Antony for quite a few Months, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

Evidently, Antony was running a bit of a temperature Yesterday Evening and had a bit of a cough.

Obviously, there will be an Autopsy and we won't know until the result, if Covid-19 was involved.

Antony had 2 Carers attend to him every Day, and they always wore full P.P.E.

My first Wife died of Pneumonia, after contracting a bout of Influenza, in December 2008.

It's very hard to come to terms with the fact, that your Son has passed away, well before "his time."

Regards,

Tom, Colette and Family.

Edited by TomSE12

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

so very sorry to hear of your tragic news, may your son rest in peace

Hi All,

Tom, I am very sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace and I hope that the many years he did have alive was amazing and his life in memory lives on. Sending my thoughts to you and your family. 

Currently 15.1c here which is absolutely balmy for late Feb but how common are we now experiencing these kinds of temps so early on and late on in Autumn. It is rapidly becoming the new norm, a short sharp or timid winter then back to spring. Some years in the pats decade we have barley had a winter! If that is not  proof of climate change and global warming then I don't know what is!

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom. 

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Tom. Sending you love xx

• Like 1

Posted

Oh Tom  life can be so cruel... my own lovely auntie died far too young with expected baby of sepsis just most horrible thing leaving behind 2 very young sons. While I’m sure the moment you were always expecting to come one day, nothing can really make you ready it’s not right for your children to pass before you. I hope you take comfort in the good memories nothing can take them away. Stay strong Tom, Colette and family x

• Like 1