Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, 3cats said:

The cloud is very heavy and has a red/yellowish look to it, but very mild here. Odd weather for this time of year. 

Saharan dust, plus dying weather front from the west.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sarahgreatchart said:

Can someone give me the forecast for April please. I need to plan an afternoon in the beer garden!

Lol far too far away to forecast, but I predict a wet month lol. Had to be, can't remember when anything went right recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Sarahgreatchart said:

Can someone give me the forecast for April please. I need to plan an afternoon in the beer garden!

Heavy snow showers and hail from the North, you might want to sit in front of a roaring fire instead.

Posted

We desperately need a spring like last year where we couldn't do anything go anywhere in lockdown. But you can bet your absolute bottom dollar the weather gods will be against us........ prediction Easter 7ft snow. May 17th deluge you couldn't make it up lol 

• Like 2

Posted

Misty murky start here in the east, cloud looks to be slowly lifting, hope we actually get the few days of sunshine, after the dull and wet afternoon yesterday that wasnt expected, need the sun to make everything feel more cheery.

Posted

Morning all. 
Hazy start to the day, still damp after yesterday’s un-forecasted heavy rain. 8c, slight chill in the air, breeze is picking up. 
Forecast suggests today will be the sunnier day, MO has blue skies, BBC say sunny spells. Tomorrow looks warmer, but cloudier before it seems to get brighter but cooler towards the weekend. 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted

It’s been jumper weather here for days, ive been making the most of it by going on walks and i’ve totalled just over 30 miles since saturday morning

feels very spring like, absolutely love it 

Posted

Sunny Intervals seems to be the best(?) way to describe it so far, the Met have 'downgraded' their forecast since my last post to come in line with the BBC and to reflect that there is seemingly more cloud around. Lovely day for February mind, pity I'm back at work! 

Met still seem set on a cool down by the weekend, as does the NW forecast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Beautiful day compared to yesterday, sunny skies and reached 13.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Quiet in here tonight lol, need a proper bfte to get the forum alive again

• Like 2

Posted

Blue sky day yesterday and same again today too, hopefully the breeze not quite as brisk today, good for drying several loads of washing yesterday but by the evening was strong enough to make it feel quite chilly out across the fields whilst walking the dogs. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Blue sky day yesterday and same again today too, hopefully the breeze not quite as brisk today, good for drying several loads of washing yesterday but by the evening was strong enough to make it feel quite chilly out across the fields whilst walking the dogs. 

Might get out in the garden today, see how I feel later. Perfect day for gardening for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunnier than yesterday with less high cloud around. Already 15c, it feels very spring like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Cloudy and 12c here always cooler on the coast in southerlies. Felt warmer yesterday here.

Posted

Cloud has slowly built throughout the morning, the sun is still peaking though the increasing cloud levels. Unsure what the actual temperature is as at work, but would probably say around 13c, still breezy. 

Radar is showing rain around too - surely that's not accurate? 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
19 minutes ago, magicpatch said:

Cloud has slowly built throughout the morning, the sun is still peaking though the increasing cloud levels. Unsure what the actual temperature is as at work, but would probably say around 13c, still breezy. 

Radar is showing rain around too - surely that's not accurate? 

Radar is accurate, just had quite a heavy shower in Wimbledon. 

More accurate than the weather forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Radar is accurate, just had quite a heavy shower in Wimbledon. 

More accurate than the weather forecasts.

Ah, so another Monday episode potentially happening with rain appearing from no-where! I have noticed the BBC have a shower cloud overhead now for the next hour or so.