Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

What a beautiful day! Sunny from early. Not a breath of wind.

It's really lifted my mood.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun or heat

A bit of sun and warmth has made an enormous difference to my mood!

Feels like a brilliant weekend compared to most in these times, a 10k walk with a friend yesterday and demolition almost done ready for an extension.

Though I didn't realise what a sun trap this area is, maybe I should change my mind!

20210221_133237.jpg

20210220_144106.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Such a beautiful weekend, it's kind of weird though when it smells and feels like a warmer month... but there's not a leaf to be seen on a branch.
I do however now have a garden full of crocuses and lots of dry washing. 

It's also making me really miss people, life, pub gardens...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Such a lovely weekend, it makes a world of difference. Finally got out in the garden and its great to see things slowly coming back to life. Roll on spring. And hurricane season !!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

Such a beautiful weekend, it's kind of weird though when it smells and feels like a warmer month... but there's not a leaf to be seen on a branch.
I do however now have a garden full of crocuses and lots of dry washing. 

It's also making me really miss people, life, pub gardens...

Amen! This Groundhog Day bullsheet is doing everyone’s head in Just glad we still have a roof over our heads and can talk with close family and friends. Must be so hard for the lonely and those without family, etc.

• Like 4

Posted

After that vicious cold snap we’ve been catapulted into Spring! March can be grim and cold and so can April but basically we’re through winter now. I saw a bit of snowy stuff and there were some notable cold snaps but nothing too bad thankfully. 

Here’s to a lovely summer with the country gradually re-opening!

Edited by Mark Smithy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Sahara dust muting the colours this morning. Sundog to the left hand side now looking rather void of any rainbow!

11.1c 7.2c dp

20210222_090354.thumb.jpg.a4375bb3a948daffc743146f9e114e2b.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudier start, cloudier day today it seems. Currently 10.1c in the garden with a gentle breeze. Final day off today, back to work tomorrow (education!) then seemingly back fully on the 8th March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If it were not for the temperature, 11C, this morning, one could easily mistake today for late August, when stubble-burning is in full flow -- and a thunderstorm is imminent?

Edited by General Cluster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

If it were not for the temperature, 11C, this morning, one could easily mistake today for late August, when stubble-burning in full flow -- and a thunderstorm is imminent?

It's almost Smarch already general

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite dull and cloudy this morning with a few spots of rain. The outlook looks rather benign, a couple of very mild days before temperatures drop to the low teens with patchy frost possible as high pressure builds across the U.K. 

Winter going out in a rather nonchalant manner, quite strange given how eventful this winter has been.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

The cloud is very heavy and has a red/yellowish look to it, but very mild here. Odd weather for this time of year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
5 minutes ago, 3cats said:

The cloud is very heavy and has a red/yellowish look to it, but very mild here. Odd weather for this time of year. 

I noticed that, a very dark and eerie feel about today. Only 9c here.

Edited by Freeze

Posted

The 'rain that will get lighter as it moves SE' is currently pouring, there goes my afternoon walk! 

As posted above, seems to be a couple of 'warmer' days ahead, although Wednesday seems to show the 'warmer' weather further north now and we're sitting on 13c here, then sunnier days but cooler nights, NW's forecast has it near to or below 0c toward the weekend overnight / early morning.

Posted
45 minutes ago, 3cats said:

Bingo nothing like October 2017 though.

Posted

So it looks like yet another BBC forecast for the SE from last night is completely wrong, patchy rain moving east fizzling out as it does so is what they said, well it’s steady rain now with some dark echos on the radar in the region, all heading up from France and not the from the west!

Since their tie in with Meteogroup they’ve become very unreliable. Their graphics always seem to overemphasise snowfall too.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
4 hours ago, Jamie M said:

Sahara dust muting the colours this morning. Sundog to the left hand side now looking rather void of any rainbow!

11.1c 7.2c dp

20210222_090354.thumb.jpg.a4375bb3a948daffc743146f9e114e2b.jpg

I was just thinking how weird the sky looked today!  At least I know why now, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Sky is a very orangey yellow one this afternoon. Kind of resembles the Ophelia skies of 2017, although not to quite the same extent. 

Posted

Unexpected rain coming up from the SE, that wasnt forecast, still a mild day, but a chilly misty start this morning, looks like an hour or so of rain to come through, albeit not particularly heavy. And indeed as others have posted, a yellowish tinge to the sky.

Posted

afternoon all, mild but gloomy here, rain just started and will agree sky looks very sulky colour, no wind to speak of here, just had tree fellers arrive next door so when they do cutting of the ones in the front forecourt will be something to watch how sad to need that to break up boredom at the moment

Posted
4 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Quite dull and cloudy this morning with a few spots of rain. The outlook looks rather benign, a couple of very mild days before temperatures drop to the low teens with patchy frost possible as high pressure builds across the U.K. 

Winter going out in a rather nonchalant manner, quite strange given how eventful this winter has been.

hope something happens out of nowhere ,not so much frigid or super warm ,nor wet nor very dry lol,just something ....that dont make sense i know  its just a bit  wishy washy 

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Nice example of the Sahara dust drop on the bonnet of the car in todays rain.

20210222_154527.jpg

• Like 1