Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

SE UK must be under a welcome nose of high pressure, it's lovely out, plus didn't even rain yesterday. Which surprised me, all went north west of here, Dover.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Balmy temps for end of Feb... 13.8c! LOVELY!! Lots of new shoots over everything... Bamboo has sent up some new shoots as well 

FEBRUARY 19:

UK's highest recorded temperature for this day was the 16.7C (62F) set at Rugby (Warws) in 1945.

Climate is cyclic, never linear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Lovely day here enough to wake me up from my slumber. (Hurricane Squad/Sheldon Cooper/Xander Priest)

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, yamkin said:

FEBRUARY 19:

UK's highest recorded temperature for this day was the 16.7C (62F) set at Rugby (Warws) in 1945.

Climate is cyclic, never linear.

Unless some invisible agency is adding GHGs to our atmosphere, at an ever-increasing rate? But, yes you are right, no-one should ever expect chaotic things, like Earth's climate-/weather-systems, to operate at a purely linear level... That would be daft! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
25 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Lovely day here enough to wake me up from my slumber. (Hurricane Squad/Sheldon Cooper/Xander Priest)

Are you an undercover secret agent, ha ha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, snowrye said:

Are you an undercover secret agent, ha ha

Lol, no I just can't come up with a good name. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

T-Shirt weather today, nice to be outside and gardening again. A bit of weeding, clearing leaves from the pond, lots of new shoots and some winter casualties.

Posted

Like everyone else, a lovely day here; most welcome after the rain and dismal skies of the last few days.

High was 13.5c in a breezy SE’ly.

51CFFE2C-6AED-46FC-9FE4-A1C52153FDBF.thumb.jpeg.938bfae8e5a2d99440baeb4f14ef8d1f.jpeg

CEEB5087-1F4B-45D5-B9BB-50F3AC4DD50C.thumb.jpeg.28c912eae29f516ac92c96c86b56bb4c.jpeg

Someone was even out walking their cat on the seafront! 

1E204C00-A271-4590-A0D3-868A00C08AB2.thumb.jpeg.b6edd49e9cda852dd85cad9e23a1f005.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Very mild day reached 15.4C first time seen similar temperatures in 13 weeks in hazy sunshine felt pretty warm, it’s even 13.2C right now so really exceptionally mild for February night.

• Like 2

Posted

Last Saturday night/Sunday morning it was bitter cold with a decent snow cover. 1 week later and it's like the south coast of Spain with hair dryer warm winds from Africa. That's the weather for you ay.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Top of the morning to you all. the weather has burst into Spring, after a very mild night it looks to be warm again today with highs of 16C. This is so early its brillant. Looking ahead with signs of a Bartlet High developing it looks Dry and warm for the whole week ahead, chance for me to get some jobs done in the garden, followed by a snifter in the garden shed, and a doze inthe greenhouse, have a brillant week everyone and the very best of health to you all.

• Like 1

Posted

After a warm night for February, it's a hazy start to the day, sun breaking (slowly) through the predominantly cloudy skies. The radar seems to show more cloud around today, lighter winds too so might not blow around as much(?). Most forecasts seem to show more cloud around today, apart from the MO which show it to be clear around here for a few hours in the early afternoon, but I guess that could change.

Edit: Saying that the MO has now reduced the 'clear skies' from 12-4 to now 1-3, so seems to be falling into line with NW and the BBC.

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

13 Feb

16:42

(-0.5°C)

20210213_164236.thumb.jpg.d109cee2e675bfc785aac40b1e54fe9c.jpg

20th Feb

16:52

(15.0°C)

20210220_165204.thumb.jpg.00b9254c33c48eecf1d06bee98704e52.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

If it had been summer, i would of said i am expecting a storm. It actually looks stormy out and humid, bit it still a little cool.

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey it's hot today, did someone say Bartlett high, bring it on, we need some warm dry weather, but not cloud if possible.

• Like 2

Posted

Slowly crept up to 13.5c in the garden, still predominately cloudy.

MetOffice hasn't updated (so still shows blue skies), BBC showing cloudy all day now, NW's latest update suggests a small clearer period but on the cloudier side. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, magicpatch said:

Slowly crept up to 13.5c in the garden, still predominately cloudy.

MetOffice hasn't updated (so still shows blue skies), BBC showing cloudy all day now, NW's latest update suggests a small clearer period but on the cloudier side. 

I don't know which way clouds are going, but the sun's out here., Although it is hazy sun.

Posted
12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I don't know which way clouds are going, but the sun's out here., Although it is hazy sun.

The cloud radar seems to its moving NW, (blowing up from the South) there seems to be a bit of a break on the radar showing so we might get an hour or so of sunnier skies soon, which is good as I'm about to go out on my walk, it's brighter now for sure. Does seem to be more cloud crossing the channel heading this way tho! Maybe the MetOffice got it right after all! 

We where a bit on the edge of it yesterday too, we had sunnier periods, the odd light shower too, seems similar today that a few more miles east and it would be clearer! 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Very spring like today, reached 13.7c some blue sky patches and light winds, feels warm out it's almost beach weather! Beats last week's cold and cloud!

• Like 1