Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
9 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

I will upgrade 3/10 to 4/10 here for this spell.

Another dusting overnight,everything looks pretty even though you would struggle to make a snowball.

Have seen snow falling on various occasions this week at least and some of it stuck.

No classic here,but great to see the footage and pictures from others that have done so well.

Thinking of moving East again for the Kent clipper storms and a better chance of winter snowfall,although selling the idea to family based  on that might be tricky lol.

I wouldn't bother, think more of the Alps or somewhere. So much nicer than any of Kent and, more or less, guaranteed snow!! 

Edited by winterfreak
addition of guaranteed snow!!

Posted

Well as everyone said round here, ridiculous top up here in Chartham Canterbury. Going out for long dog walk early to get pics. If the sun shines on this lot it will be blinding. 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning everyone.

Wow, i wasn't expecting that last night. When i went to bed  there had been a lot of melting which had become sheet ice. Woke up and we are back to square one lol.

Still snowing ever so lightly here in Great Wakering.

• Like 4

Posted

Well well well mother nature chucks another curve ball at us unexpectedly. A little dusting i was not expecting 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure Spring-like conditions will be around for long, looking like a return to cold after a milder blip. Have a feeling this winter is going to go on some time, with a cold first half to Spring. Could be plenty more snow chances, before it’s done. 

Might have to sneak in a BBQ next week, before winter returns

• Like 4

Posted

I expected to wake up to a sprinkling after the wind had veered around to the East last night, but must of had 4-5 inches. Very surprised! Still snowing.

6A99A051-047B-4CA3-9E02-D6915AD0A2C3.jpeg

Edited by GSP
  • Like 6

Posted

Morning.

Finally a decent dusting overnight in Barkingside thanks to the low temperatures, I was awake at 3am and it was snowing then albeit fairly lightly.

Anyway this cold spell has gone up notch in my book, although still not a classic.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

I wouldn't bother, think more of the Alps or somewhere. So much nicer than any of Kent and, more or less, guaranteed snow!! 

Tbh winter,to us in Tonbridge,to get settling snow in town is a good spell ,if seven oaks has a couple of cm,we have sleet,(it's like the south easts death valley)this is  on average conditions  I mean.,As Tonbridge sits we are only a few extra feet than the coast ,and the Alps ,how long before he will hate snow and long for Brighton ,I couldn't take too may days working in this :-)  :-(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.1faf0b0a26846a502c906dd16a62e92d.png

Nearly 5 inches of snow on the ground here. Amazing way to end off a cold spell.

1 cm off Feb 1986 which dumped 13 cm here

3 cm off Jan 1987 which dumped 15 cm here

5 cm off Feb 1991 which dumped 17 cm here

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A low of -5c here. Partly cloudy skies to start. Should be a fine and sunny day for most before another sharp frost tonight.

Posted

Is that it for snow now? Are we done? Can I start clearing paths again? Please say thats it now, cant see anything on radar, winds turned SE, sunshine and rapid melting is whats needed now.

Edited by Blazerblue

Posted

Met office text forecast mentions the possibility of snow or freezing rain on Sunday. Still 4 days away so may come to nothing.

Posted

Although only a minimum of -2.8, nice to see a surprise dusting of snow here, and still very very fine snow falling. Can tell the ground is the hardest it's been all week as snow has settled in more places than any other time this week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Some lovely photos in this thread after the very late shift in wind direction gave more snow to south London ,parts of NW Kent and Surrey.We literally had a dusting here in Locksbottom which was unexpected but caused a rise in temperature.At 8pm is was -3.9 but rose to about -2.3 in the early hours.As at 8am it is down again to -2.9 and lovely blue sky.

Looks cold and sunny till Saturday with daytime temperatures between 0-3 in the SE region and nighttime temperatures could go down to -10 in places.Sunday milder and Monday and Tuesday look upto 10/11 in places as per latest model runs(possibly milder). 

Be interesting to see f Met office extended changes or they stay on course for colder weather again from last week of February when the chase for cold may start again

stay safe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
49 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure Spring-like conditions will be around for long, looking like a return to cold after a milder blip. Have a feeling this winter is going to go on some time, with a cold first half to Spring. Could be plenty more snow chances, before it’s done. 

Yeah the Met seem to be pretty steady with the cold signal too, so I fear the worst despite a glimpse of warmer in the output. Especially with the NH profile still looking like it could open the door.

If the cold keeps us out of Atlantic downpours then it's a second prize I can live with. We really need to dry out a bit. 

The met have been pretty good with their long range since new year I think, so has to be considered the form horse. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Perhaps wishful thinking but I'm trying to recall the year we had decent snowfall and a cold stretch like this one before milder weather arrived, giving a false pretence of Spring....only for us to go back in the freezer two/three weeks later with another dumping of snow.....was it 94?