Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Laying in bed the room is so bright- cos outside is bright white - night night def going sleep now  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Woke up to snow in Strood 

everything white . Still snowing 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
14 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Just looking at my journey home, A127 at Southend right now..

CCD69BD8-2B10-4128-9E7B-F41692BB9FEC.jpeg

6E1A60B5-3C55-4CE1-9F46-EDE9AFA8E9D2.jpeg

Just went for a walk slim Fairfax this picture doesn’t do it justice!

Posted

I had the most amazing snow never seen anything it was almost like crushed diamonds so tiny but so much of it gave a dusting and now these beefy showers imminent my thoughts in this cold spell might be changed. ENE wind never fails!  

1116B2F0-9A3B-4665-8F8B-8A06489D2CF4.thumb.jpeg.1bacf2ebe62bc3324f5d2032bfc76622.jpeg 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
Just now, Southender said:

Wow. Fell asleep and we got hammered lol

Mate you missed probably the best snow so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
30 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I had the most amazing snow never seen anything it was almost like crushed diamonds so tiny but so much of it gave a dusting and now these beefy showers imminent my thoughts in this cold spell might be changed. ENE wind never fails!  

1116B2F0-9A3B-4665-8F8B-8A06489D2CF4.thumb.jpeg.1bacf2ebe62bc3324f5d2032bfc76622.jpeg 

I've seen a few of those crystal showers during this event, but no full on snow. It just doesnt have the oomph to get to me; literally dissolves about 5 miles to my East

Posted

Made it home, was a treacherous drive from Rayleigh a127 to daws Heath, a few cars spun round on the A13. Take it easy out there this morning if you have to drive out! Going for a quick kip then getting back out there before it all goes! Love a Thames streamer when it comes together

• Like 3

Posted

Just woke to best covering of this cold spell and it is still lightly snowing now. Will take a measure when I get up but looks like a good 4-5cms overnight. 

• Like 1

Posted

I think this is a  big fail  (again) by bbc weather.  All that talk of clear skies and bone cracking low night temperature  for kent  and Sussex.  It's cloudy still with light snow flurries at 6 am in the minus 10 coldzpot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Well it wasn't much in the end, but at least we a got a fresh dusting that's covered up the gaps and I managed to see the final snowflakes from this cold spell. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
12 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Some hope for NW Kent and SE London for later on

Not great at reading the radar but these seem to be on a ENE to WSW heading now and even the ones behind it. Screen grabs at 1640 and 1740 respectively 

Screenshot_20210210_175700_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

Screenshot_20210210_175801_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

Morning all and especially Paul S.,

Great to see your Radar reading techniques, stood the test overnight.

As you quite rightly suggested the incrementally shifting of the flow, from N.E. > E.N.E. > E. > E.S.E., has delivered some of the white stuff finally, to those Members who are located in the Thames Corridor.

During a trip to the Bathroom overnight, a quick glance out of my Bedroom window, suggested we'd had a visit from a Snow Shower but I couldn't be sure that it wasn't just the impacts, of a very severe Frost.

On coming downstairs, I can tell that it is indeed Snow. 

I would open the Front Door and take a snap to provide photographic evidence but I would get a rollicking from the Wife, for allowing CV droplets, into the House.

Colette has incrementally shifted through varying degrees of paranoiac meltdown, during the Pandemic, and has taken to disinfecting everything that moves, and enters our House. I really do fear for her sanity, should this situation continue for much longer.

I was going to send Paul S, a link to the Buienradar site, plus a crash course in Dutch but it's quite apparent from Yesterday's Radar "spot", that he no longer needs it.

Regards,

Tom.  ❄️

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

And just when i thought it was all over..... finally slept for 6 hours without lamp post watching  and wake up to find  what i definitely  wasnt expecting! Do you wanna biuld a snowman?

Posted

Didn't achieve the heroic snow  depths of the east Kent downs, but got a good extra covering overnight to destroy the bare patches and cover the roads.  Its still fluryying even now at 6.20.wasn't expected in the west of Kent in my opinion 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning, when I went to sleep at 1am I was sure something would get to us! (Farnham, Surrey

just looked out and Nope, nothing! ☹️

been avoided by the blobs again! Roll on moving to Scotland!! 
very cold 

temp -3.8 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Morning peeps 

Very lightly snowing still this morning at manston.

Now officially makes it 5 consecutive days wth falling snow to go along wth 5 days of laying snow.

Epic....

Too early to measure as I'm watching from the bed.. Will report back soon wth detail..

• Like 1