Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
17 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Some reports of lightning seen near Southend. Can anyone on here confirm this?

Hiya.. yes I was reading back a few pages. It was about an hour ago and someone confirmed a huge flash 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
3 minutes ago, gooner265 said:

Is it worth me staying up do you think ? 

I'd say you (and others) are probably better trying to sleep now and getting up early before sunrise. It's going to be stunning!

So, with that, time pull myself away! Hope everyone here gets some snow if they haven't already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
3 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Not unless you can stay awake for another 3 hours or so, winds still haven't shifted enough to blow them towards London.

Watch this, run the animation and decide

380radar2.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Live weather radar for the UK including weather type to track whether rain, sleet or snow is falling. Updated every 5 minutes.

Well it has it’s snowing lightly here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

I think I may give up too! 

enjoy waking up to snow if you have it! 

Xx 

• Like 2

Posted

Been snowing off and on since sunset here, not much at first but a couple of heavier bursts around 8pm and 11pm have given us a very decent covering, about 2-3” fresh snow I think.

(excuse the pj’s in wellies, I just had to go and stand in it)

4BBAB26B-5596-4EC5-B3E0-3F1C20DC3C48.thumb.jpeg.b1ec343b7d9259c2704bc428130557d4.jpeg

B0FC6139-B680-4102-80BF-9366EBA58A21.thumb.jpeg.c64a81184f683802e35c76857243afdc.jpeg

6B4ADD05-D502-4CED-9CCB-102BC452A96A.thumb.jpeg.e23051512c45b01d0b2d763e63d7fc4e.jpeg

8BB7F225-DE38-4715-8E41-B7205472AC70.thumb.jpeg.123df726546bfe5d44ae049a58af87a1.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Look im no expert I've been here 12 years and I learnt few things and love looking at radars so just popped on rain today and noticed this big red growing blob appearing out off of northern France, its growing in size quite rapidly, someone take a look? 

Screenshot_20210210-235232_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think it's the front associated with the low to our west, but the angle of attack looks like it's sliding, which isn't what it's meant to do, may be there's another low under it. Will probably stay south in France like the last one, we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im done. Im still shattered from the all nighter, and subsequent late night's radar watching, night folks

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

A real North/South divide at the moment looking at the radar, split by the Thames

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Night all. Have exhausted all my hopecasting for this event. And those of you who have seen the best of it...enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow here, with almost no wind.  -2.3C before the snow, now -1.8C.  The hard frost is meaning, unlike the first batch, every flake is settling, but, unless the flow in from the east keeps enough moisture, it may only give a film on the ground by morning.  Only light echoes upwind and pressure rising don't make for anything significant.

Posted
Just now, jamesgold said:

Wow pretty good snow in Bromley right now 

Let’s hope we can get something out of this

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Would love the estuary to explode in to life now

I think for our area we just need enough time with wind through the estuary and we should see some getting going

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Light snow here, with almost no wind.  -2.3C before the snow, now -1.8C.  The hard frost is meaning, unlike the first batch, every flake is settling, but, unless the flow in from the east keeps enough moisture, it may only give a film on the ground by morning.  Only light echoes upwind and pressure rising don't make for anything significant.

Agreed it doesn't bode too well for anything really exciting, but those in East Kent have already had a pretty good evening.

We're a bit stuck in between bands here under perpetual light snow unfortunately - the shower stream seems to be slowly shearing into two as the winds shift around, and the echoes are fading fast as they move inland anyway, as usual for this spell.

Re your comment about pressure, I would say that these spells always remind me of the limited importance of pressure in these set ups. We started with pressure close to 1000hpa, correspondingly lower heights, and a howling wind blowing in from the NE, and we managed persistent light snow and showers struggled to make it 20-30 miles inland. Latterly we've had pressure at 1020hpa, a much slacker flow, and now winds switching around to SE, and the showers, while still struggling disappointingly to drive inland, are making better progress and delivering some of the heaviest snow so far to many...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, heat aka summer + snow
1 minute ago, snowblizzard said:

I think many would have gone to bed thinking it's all over.

Weather never ceases to amaze me!

There will be a lot of shocked faces tomorrow when opening up the curtains tomorrow.

my road is the worst it has been for this spell

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowblizzard said:

I think many would have gone to bed thinking it's all over.

Weather never ceases to amaze me!

Some people gonna be shocked when wake in the morning some of the stuff in estuary really intensifying now, north west Kent and south east Essex could get more snow in next couple of hours than they have the whole spell so far. Good 4/5hours before convection supposed to die off. Even London may manage a couple of cm 

Posted

Looking at the radar I think south of london could be in for a shock 

it looks to be intensifying and also back building 

even for a couple of hours could drop a few cm 

• Like 1

Posted

Shades of dark red which I think are around 15cm an hour appearing in estuary now think gonna be a direct hit for sheerness. Hope someone awake to film it when it comes a shore

• Like 1