Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Heavy snow. 

That one little shower has given about 1cm so far, everything is covered and white again, lovely!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora
43 minutes ago, i luv snow said:

@pinball wizard did any of the previous snow in Ipswich thaw or has it stuck around, with these showers adding to it? Must be some amazing totals there by now - my parents measured 11inches on top of their wheelie bin, tables and chairs in garden, and that was yesterday evening!

We are just outside of Ipswich and had approximately that amount too over past couple of days. We haven't had much from any streamers today as they didn't reach us at all, nor any real new accumulations. Just had a light snow shower which has faintly covered up all the places where snow had thawed. Very cold outside, frozen everything solid after the partial melt today so lots of ice around. Even the new snowfall feels like more like glassy ice now.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

More heavy snow incoming, probably the last now as the winds are shifting :) - A memorable event!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Light snow here again, 

temp -2.0c. DP -5c 

• Like 1

Posted

Had heavy snow all night from about 6pm. Snow had gone apart from on grass before this eve. Best of the cold spell. Prob had 3 inches this eve! Still snowing hard

CD445DDC-0EC5-467C-960B-2BE37A700D7D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I think I’ve proved right the wind is now steering ENE London will be coming into firing ‘shortly’  

Good call mate

if it gets here

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Temperatures dropping quickly,  no snow still ☹️ 

(Farnham, Surrey)

Temp -3.4 

Dp-5.4

Posted

I'm crossing my fingers.  Does look like the shower movement is becoming more Westerly.  Showers not far away from my little red dot on the map.  4th consecutive sledging with the kids today so the Croydon crew have done pretty well over the last week.  One last little top up of the white stuff would be nice.  Guess I'm going to be chasing showers on the radar for a couple more hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Went from very little snow on the ground to 2cm covering everything in about 20 minutes, a few more of those please!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Met4Cast said:

Went from very little snow on the ground to 2cm covering everything in about 20 minutes, a few more of those please!

Do people reckon they could be that heavy even when wind switches to more easterly?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
51 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is there a tornado approaching?

Lol no, been happening ball evening though, the bigger gusts are se, but there aresome lighter winds blowing west in-between, got me stumped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind
Just now, jamesgold said:

Do people reckon they could be that heavy even when wind switches to more easterly?

Hmm hard to tell I think the general consensus is for showers to ease through the night.

However, reports from Southend seem great with heavy snow and that's directly upstream from us in Bromley so fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Southender said:

Big flash! Possible thundersnow. Very heavy shower in Southend!

Unbelievable scenes, dropped a couple of cms in 10 mins.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
49 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

The wind must have gone more towards ene because the snow band is moving west and it's got here. Second time today 

Yep, but for some reason, the snow goes west at times, mostly east. Just think it's it's strange.

Posted
1 minute ago, SouthLondonCold said:

Hmm hard to tell I think the general consensus is for showers to ease through the night.

However, reports from Southend seem great with heavy snow and that's directly upstream from us in Bromley so fingers crossed!

We can hope  

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jamesgold said:

Looks like it won’t be long until SE London gets in on the action on the northern side of that convergence 

Fingers crossed James

Posted
26 minutes ago, saintkip said:

No the showers are moving west

OK.  The direction things come from is 'xxxxerly', where they're going is 'xxxxwards'.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Evening all. Anyone any idea on whether these streamers will hit the Petersfield area in East Hants? They look like they're moving our way but I'm sure they'll be light snizzle or totally dissipated by time they're here. I'm not optimistic, based on this pretty crap week out these parts tbh. 

Had a light snow shower with proper flakes earlier when I was working outside over Haslemere way, and then on the drive back going SWwards I drove through some light-moderate bigger flakes with very unstable looking convective snow clouds all around me with classic yellow bases. Of course the heavier snow moved Midhurst way right across the S Downs according to the radar....

Posted

Those blobs hitting South End look to be on a line that could hit South London - depends whether they can hold both direction and intensity.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep, but for some reason, the snow goes west at times, mostly east. Just think it's it's strange.

Heavy showers have updrafts which can pull air in from all directions, so falling snow can be pulled around in all directions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Between 10cm and 11cm of snow on the car roof tonight, which obviously would be higher without the snow melt of yesterday! I think we had about 5cm of snow this evening and it's still snowing now :ball-santa-emoji:

148919604_2806921796302428_1744152571949470733_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
10 hours ago, The Whiteman said:

Where are you then. I'm near Studios and it's throwing down! Must have had 2cm so far its that heavy

Good evening, I'm up East Malling way which did have some flakes from the very northern edge, but wasn't enough to settle after the morning sun. Did not do well out of today as the twig drifted south, obviously a bit of imbyism there! 

Major disagreements on how cold it'll get tonight so will be interesting to see, -10c according to BBC...

EDIT: apologies if you've already received this, my new message box has this still in it so pressed submit to make sure

Edited by Bradley in Kent