Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
22 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Looking promising for later Sussex coasters! As I said yesterday, it looked as though the parimiters were in place for better convection today than we have seen so far in this cold spell.

Those that have done well with snow so far have seen their totals mount through the persistence of the snow in favoured spots rather than anything heavy.

Sky looks primed here with convectice clouds developing.

If we are lucky here,and it is quite a big if, we should see snow at a colder time of day ( after 3pm) for it to stick.

Anyway,snow or no snow here I hope those that have missed out so far are aloud to share,rather than those that have already had a dumping!

I think there will be heavier bursts for a couple of hours max but may just give a cm or 2 covering, won't be half as heavy as those over Kent.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Last few dancing snow flakes falling here, but the last of the snow cover is melting fast today, not much left now. It seems the flakes are saying goodbye too winter as they dance around today. Winters last shout. Still not going out, it looks jolly cold , still got icicles hnging off the shed roof. Ha Ha. Take care, good health to everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Yes, like you, I’m hoping if, and it’s a bit if, things set up well for us it doesn’t happen till late afternoon onwards, as I think anything falling now would struggle to settle and stay. 

If it falls at a heavy rate from the start the ground will cool plus when the sun goes down around 4.30/5 would have more chance.

• Like 1

Posted

didn't think we would get anymore snow here, but just had a look at met office and looks like there is the potential for a snowy evening, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, heat aka summer + snow

It is now quickly melting after the heavy shower. Nice to see heavy snow again. Earlier I could really feel the suns strength through the window so damage has been done.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blake Allen said:

I think there will be heavier bursts for a couple of hours max but may just give a cm or 2 covering, won't be half as heavy as those over Kent.

Fairly steady  snow here in Maidstone  for the last  hour,really large  flakes  too,largest  of this current  spell 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Easing off now  will there be anymore like what we just had in Sheerness shows how wrong weather apps can be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms
1 minute ago, TomLO04 said:

It is now quickly melting after the heavy shower. Nice to see heavy snow again. Earlier I could really feel the suns strength through the window so damage has been done.

Yes the sun does have some strength to it now, but it will be jolly cold again tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
49 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Thundersnow!! 

Lol...... I played this earlier to see the snow.  I couldn't hear anything as, at the time I had the radio on my laptop on, and after playing it skipped further down the page to read the comments before cracking on with some more work.  All of a sudden the radio went off and I could hear this sound coming from my laptop and had absolutely no idea where it was coming from!   Checked my phone, and my web applications but couldn't for the life of me find it!  Kept me properly busy for a good 10 minutes of investigating before I realised it was this looping over and over!  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Think Sevenoaks is just outside the track of the yellow blobs on the radar, it keeps going from bursts of heavy to light flurries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

As I mentioned yesterday evening, don’t be surprised if you see an Amber warning for those in Kent and E Sussex this afternoon and this evening 

As expected deep convection now beginning to fire up in a distinct streamer 

Those in the firing line could add another 10-15cms before the end of the night. 

Expect the streamer to migrate eastwards over the next 6-12 hours before finally leaving the Kent coast by tomorrow midday 

James 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy Snow again :D

ahhh.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

I apologise to those people who have very little snow or none at all. But wow!! That is insane! My car is covered again and my road. All the trees are being covered nicely as it's not getting blown off them! Nit sure 2018 snow was as heavy as this!! Isle of sheppey will be cut off if it's windy?

• Like 6