Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Can see what I assume is the bank of cloud bringing today's activity to the east and south of here, clear as a bell behind it. Lovely morning. 

Good luck to those in the firing line today! 

16129440669414889439808132507418.jpg

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
2 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Hopefully heading my way. We are SW from herne bay so hopefully, skies defo getting darker here!  

Absolutely tipping it down here now. Temperature has dropped well below freezing.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

Can see what I assume is the bank of cloud bringing today's activity to the east and south of here, clear as a bell behind it. Lovely morning. 

Good luck to those in the firing line today! 

16129440669414889439808132507418.jpg

Lol mine is the exact revere of your picture, can see lovely clear blue skies to my North so half the sky is grey and half is clear blue

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Had a couple of light flurries in the last half hour in Sheerness hoping for some heaver stuff. 

Posted

Another slight covering of snow overnight. Temp now -4 and the sun has just come out. Looks stunning.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Absolutely tipping it down here now. Temperature has dropped well below freezing.

Radar looks good for us. Very dark in the distance, odd flake coming down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Now coming down heavy in Sheerness 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Really heavy bursts of snow here now! - big feathery flakes. Most unexpected!

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely morning here.  No snow, but crisp clean blue skies.  It's actually nice to have a break from the cloud (maybe not so much the snow).  It's amazing what a bit of blue sky and sunshine does to lifts the mood ☀️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another patchy dusting around the area this morning. Ironically the skies look a lot more convective today, probably because of a more northerly element to the wind. Unfortunately this won’t last as the showers become increasingly isolated and skies generally become clear later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol mine is the exact revere of your picture, can see lovely clear blue skies to my North so half the sky is grey and half is clear blue

You hopeful of sneaking in any more down there today Paul or just out of range? 

Posted

Heavy snow, fat flakes falling. Settling fast on deep compacted dangerous ice and on the areas I cleared yesterday to make it easier to get in/out of house! Ive really had enough now, love snow, hate solid ice pavements and roads.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2

Posted

Heavy snow shower with big fluffy flakes, i imagine this alone will easily put another 1-2cm onto our total at theyre proper feather flakes coming down fast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

The sun has just popped its head over cloud to the SE which is today's activity. 

Not going to lie, its quite nice to see and feel. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

You hopeful of sneaking in any more down there today Paul or just out of range? 

Maybe 1cm tops if something initiates close to the Coast before the energy pulls away tonight. 

Canterbury looking to be in the sweet spot and although If I had a straight line to walk from my house to the centre of Canterbury it would only be 28 miles its on an angle for the snow to not affect us. It might be a day where even Great Wakering and Shoeburyness which are 7 miles east of here do much better such local differences make an amazing difference on this wind direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Nick F said:

The models continue to indicate a weak streamer slowly slipping south over Kent and E Sussex today. EC below:

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2021021000_14_21011_216.thumb.png.83d381518fafa8f80ce4e6cd471ecb84.pngus_model-en-087-0_modez_2021021000_16_21011_216.thumb.png.b4dd3f090cfd532967f073fd81d617c5.png

Fax still has the convergence twig at midnight:

PPVE89.thumb.gif.5dbef4d7cb3afe647f9ca294c0893b1f.gif

Looks like it's game for snow over for much of the SE though for this cold spell, though E Anglia likely to further snow showers across Norfolk, north Cambs and also along Suffolk/Essex coasts, unless models aren't picking up snow showers developing/moving SE inland away from coasts.

Talking point now for most will be the low minima overnight for next few days before it turns less cold early next week.

Glad to get a covering at home of around 4cm since Sunday from light but almost continuous snow since Sunday morning, that stopped around lunch time yesterday, not a lot, but nice not to be too disruptive so as I can get to work. Here at work near Heathrow this morning, there's only trace amounts of snow, so grateful I live in NE Surrey where we got a lot more.

I've witnessed in the past once the wind turns more Northerly the wash occasionally assisting showers off Norfolk into the likes of Cambridgeshire... I suppose there's a slim chance that could occur at least for the next 12 hours or so until the showers get killed off, as we are seeing at the moment a few a being driven Southwards, I may just get  clipped. 

As with yesterday I suspect any showers will struggle to settle through the day where there isn't already any snow cover though. Been as expected here in Cambs through this spell - the odd dusting, but nothing really in comparison to others. We never have historically done well form an easterly unless a North Sea low brews up comes ashore... 

Posted

This really is something else here, there’s over a foot of snow on the car! will get out and get a close photo for proof in a bit otherwise i won’t believe myself in years to come

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Delka said:

This really is something else here, there’s over a foot of snow on the car! will get out and get a close photo for proof in a bit otherwise i won’t believe myself in years to come

You've been lucky!! A few miles South and you'll probably only see a sprinkling.... !! Look forward to the photos. 

• Like 3