Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, Great Plum said:

My dad phoned me from Suffolk to say that he had heard that Sussex and Surrey will get a load of snow on 18feb - I asked where he got this info from - daily express apparently ?‍♂️

To be fair, they called this spell..... Along with the 30 other blizzards this year.  It is a bit like betting on every horse in the Grand National and then claiming a winner!

• Like 3

Posted

Definitely darker clouds to my north, but not to my east. Frustrating I sit just outside that moderate band. Need wind to swing even more ENE soon

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

This last hour has allowed things to dry up round here.the wind has got up here in Locksbottom and the temperature fallen away again to -1.7 so think we will have another ice day as we peaked at -0.1 for about 5 minutes about an hour ago when we saw 2 or 3 glimpses of sun.Cloudier now and as James Gold said in Bromley the moderate snow is north of here now.Eyes on will wind shift back to an ENE?Estuary still looks lively to me so if there is a shift then it could be game on again for NW KENT and Surrey.Amazing how such a subtle change in wind direction makes that 6-10 mile shift in the streamer.

Btw have a look what a real streamer does in the Scotland thread-Dundee is getting buried this Argo!!the intensity of the showers is incredible up there!!

stay safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Beeb fancying another few hours for Gillingham tonight.

MetO not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
31 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

No where in the se has amber today, do they? There's a blanket yellow and rightly so to, my road is an ice rink. Although the nice people that live on the hilly road up to here, have cleared one side of the pavement, so it's safe to walk. Life savers they are, wouldn't have been able to get down the local shop at all otherwise. Slipped on the flat of my road once. Still have snow where people haven't walked. So I don't think the sun's going to melt it all but some has gone obviously. Roads are unusable unless you know what you're doing car wise. Tires slip.

No amber but I wouldn’t be surprised if one was issued over night into tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
2 minutes ago, gooner265 said:

I need sleep lol

Interesting!is that our former member SM?We shall see.All dependent on shift in wind direction later today and this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
Just now, Hotspur62 said:

Interesting!is that our former member SM?We shall see.All dependent on shift in wind direction later today and this evening.

Not SM. That I believe is @Daniel*

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, Hotspur62 said:

Not sure I can do another night on a couple of hours sleep!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Southender said:

@Paul Sherman Can feel the pain. The amount of times this has been us!

Lol yh the amount of times we have seen snow showers 25 miles offshore ploughing into Kent or a Clipper Storm running up the Dover straights and we can see the cloud tops.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 minutes ago, craigore said:

O. Just been in the Mods.

Not many happy people so quickly got out...

Temp is now back at or below zero...

Good ground cover still but had some melting on path areas. Will be very icy this evening..

The low behind the one sliding under now, blows up like a balloon, due to a slight high between the two, giving it a positive tilt, SW, round. But that doesn't mean much, it still has to fight the block. The out come of that, is far to far away, to know the out come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

No where in the se has amber today, do they? There's a blanket yellow and rightly so to, my road is an ice rink. Although the nice people that live on the hilly road up to here, have cleared one side of the pavement, so it's safe to walk. Life savers they are, wouldn't have been able to get down the local shop at all otherwise. Slipped on the flat of my road once. Still have snow where people haven't walked. So I don't think the sun's going to melt it all but some has gone obviously. Roads are unusable unless you know what you're doing car wise. Tires slip.

Afternoon all,

Couldn't give you a figure on the number of times I was close to slipping on my backside earlier. Have advised mother not to venture out - going to go up to her and my sisters tomorrow with their shopping - not to mention Dear Leader's Sheba!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Not SM. That I believe is @Daniel*

Many apologies @Daniel

• Thanks 1

Posted

I reckon there’s a little glitch on NW radar. That little very light stretch from Orpington to gravesend hasn’t moved despite heavier stuff round it. I’ll see if I’m right in a bit if heavier stuff gets to me soon. Certainly become darker...

Posted

Icicles are starting to appear here now hanging off the eaves sure sign that we had about 4 hours of above zero temperatures this afternoon and the temp is once again nosediving. Sorry to say going to be an ice skating rink tonight again. Sublimation today has been pretty bad as well, the 8cm on the grass from first light has reduced to 5cm now and even with some hefty snow showers in the last few hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

After a break and some blue skies, its now looking all snowy again with some darker clouds to my NE.

(Sevenoaks)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just for fun, quick screen grab of all models projected wind direction at my location - seems the shift back towards the NE will be around midnight if I am reading these correctly? This is at the surface. Even more fun, you can move the slider up and look at conditions at different heights!

image.thumb.png.6518efa3eeb83dea85afeb5bb78ed496.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
19 minutes ago, Southender said:

@Paul Sherman Can feel the pain. The amount of times this has been us!

Be very glad you weren't the one standing there filming that whilst all the snow melted around you. ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
43 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

I appreciate that those in the west of the region have been very unfortunate and I feel their pain,I have been there many times over the years but at least they received snow a couple weeks ago when those further east got none

I beg to differ... nothing down on the West Sussex coast, unless your calling my now disappeared 0.0025 cm just enough to make a snowball-bearing an event?

Those of us around Worthing have not had a decent fall in years... probably 2013, I'm sure Sleety will remember. I don't begrudge anyone the snow they have and I hope they make the most of it, but don't fall into the trap of thinking everyone in the region has seen a decent fall because a lot have not.

My hopes are pinned on tonights possible streamer or a snowy breakdown 

• Like 3

Posted

Max here -0.9C now -1.3C and DP -5.1C. Wind strengthening. Just had a 29mph NE gust. Feels bitter. Think we have our 3rd consecutive ice day in the bag.

Bright sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers
13 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Not Steve I don't think though he gets tagged in