Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

inbetween 13cm and 17cm where i’ve measured with 1-2ft drifts from the strong winds overnight. still moderately heavy snow falling too 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
36 minutes ago, Honey said:

Moderate snow in Medway  

And yet just down the road in Medway it's barely snowing at all. It's weird because normally in Medway Lordswood and Walderslade are snow magnets!

Posted
1 minute ago, Delka said:

inbetween 13cm and 17cm where i’ve measured with 1-2ft drifts from the strong winds overnight. still moderately heavy snow falling too 

across our garden that is, maybe only 5-10cm elsewhere along my long walk depending on exposure to the wind too 

Posted

Morning all, 

Snow still coming down nicely in Detling since this morning and has been quite heavy at times!

Measured 8cm in a slightly sheltered flat surface but there has been so much drifting and blowing about its over 20cm in some spots of my garden!

Untreated Road through the village looks horrible and I've not even attempted to drive out to work. I work outside too and minus temps are also not appealing

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, onepingonly said:

Cool thanks, we have a light dusting here. -2.6c so anything will stay.

Yeah same here, the current snowfall whilst light is turning into a actual legitimate dusting with things going more white on surfaces. Even hints of white now within the grass. This is about as good as I expected it could be so anything above this point is a bonus, and obviously any streamer is a wildcard solution.

@yamkin - I hope I'm wrong about it not being too strong of a streamer though, I'd love another strong event that drops 15-30cms across a large area. I'm thinking more 5-10cms though if it does come off and over a longer time period than 09.

Posted

When do people think this snow here will stop? been going for nearly 18hrs now so can i expect a few more hours and to cross the 20cm mark in the garden?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Who was saying the other day it never snows in Brighton. Looks like there is piles of it this morning.

34ECDD01-F54D-4C67-A154-14D28CA69A93.png

Jesus, extreamly dangerous conditions for pilots landing today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

Looks like bluebell hill is closed.

698603274_Screenshot_20210208-094511_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e4cb621497cc3614a5cc7a13ee00eeb6.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
10 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

A decent 2cm covering in Ely this morning, very fine - powdery snow which is not a common occurrence in these parts!

Looking good for more top-ups through today. Currently snowing lightly with some moderate bursts at times. Overall - happy! It took it's time but the set-up has delivered. This snow should be sticking around for quite some time looking at the latest charts... 

Good to see snow starved Cambs getting some from an Easterly for change!
Forecast looking pretty good too, currently moderate snow here settling on all surfaces.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

A lovely wintery scene outside right now and it's been lightly snowing since about 8am here even though it wasn't forecasted. 

• Like 1

Posted

Interested to know thoughts on why the showers are so light this time around?

Why convection rates are so much lower this time?

I remember 1987, 1991, 2013, 2018 the showers were extremely potent and deposited at least an inch of snow at a time so accumulations built-up really quickly.

So far, this episode has been very disappointing for my area!

• Like 2

Posted

I’ve had a thought. I’m going to see how bad the met office app forecast is here for temperatures over the next week. Here’s the maximum temperatures it is forecasting today for this week:

08/02 predictions:

Monday: -2c
Tuesday: -1c
Wednesday: 1c
Thursday: 0c
Friday: 1c
Saturday: 4c
Sunday: 7c (!)

• Like 3

Posted

Still light fine snow here, I guess it’s accumulating slowly but wind is blowing it around. Hoping for something heavier tonight with that possible Thames Streamer

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Great Plum said:

I’ve had a thought. I’m going to see how bad the met office app forecast is here for temperatures over the next week. Here’s the maximum temperatures it is forecasting today for this week:

08/02 predictions:

Monday: -2c
Tuesday: -1c
Wednesday: 1c
Thursday: 0c
Friday: 1c
Saturday: 4c
Sunday: 7c (!)

I actually think at least till Friday that looks reasonable! I think Sunday is where its probably going to go wrong...

I'd go for something similar myself, unless you get a real blast of snow that looks a good estimate to me. Maybe Wednesday might be a touch colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
10 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Who was saying the other day it never snows in Brighton. Looks like there is piles of it this morning.

34ECDD01-F54D-4C67-A154-14D28CA69A93.png

Piles of it !! No lol but we got snow

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I actually think at least till Friday that looks reasonable! I think Sunday is where its probably going to go wrong...

I'd go for something similar myself, unless you get a real blast of snow that looks a good estimate to me. Maybe Wednesday might be a touch colder.

Yes, it’s mostly the weekend I think it’s out...

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

hopefully surrey gets under astreamer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Found this video from my venture yesterday. Difference between the seafront and the end of the road was amazing.

• Like 1

Posted

So take a look at the Dutch Rader for the next 24 hours. Shows snow all day on and off for the south east however at 21:00 a larger band again.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2