Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

yes so far only icing for majority of london . North and south , was disappointing as i thought london was in with a chance of 2 or 3 cm initially rather than a bust but hey ho thats part of a snow chase its not confirmed til it happens

great photos from around the region , love seeing those and glad some on here managed to break their drought

• Like 2

Posted

@Paul ShermanSo just to put this down and come back to it first part of next week Neil in North Kent is predicting 0.2cm and Ian in Surrey is predicting 1cm.

Will come back to Page 320 next week to see how close your predictions are thanks for those guys. 

well i wasn't far off the page count   

Posted

re-post after last thread closed.

Well the walk across Westminster Bridge was bracing light dusting around in C London but it's mighty cold in the wind. As i feared yesterday, the snow is been blown around in the wind and not getting a chance to settle

• Like 1

Posted

Must have been under a beefy shower or 2 overnight as now have a nice covering on pavements that it didn't settle on yesterday.  I'd estimate around 1cm falling.  Topping up the 1cm we got yesterday.  Not as much as I had hoped, but can't complain. 

Am hoping things fall in place later for an ENE wind and a Thames streamer

Snow is also pepping up in Bexleyheath again, more snizzle that juicy flakes, but coming down none the less.

Posted
1 minute ago, southbank said:

yes so far only icing for majority of london . North and south , was disappointing as i thought london was in with a chance of 2 or 3 cm initially rather than a bust but hey ho thats part of a snow chase its not confirmed til it happens

great photos from around the region , love seeing those and glad some on here managed to break their drought

Think the problem was that almost all the snow that fell yesterday melted when it touched the ground. It snowed lightly here for almost 12 hours, would have probably added up to a couple of cm had it been a little colder.

We seem to have gained about 1cm here overnight, which had no trouble settling on most non-pavement surfaces.

Posted

Snow over a foot in places here in east suffolk, well over the top of my wellies, snow fell in the front door as I opened it this morning! No roads are passable from our town, even the rescue vehicles and gritters cant get out, drifting is a major problem. And its still snowing. This is far more than we had in 2018. I fear my food delivery wont be getting here from Lowestoft today, no way the delivery van will make it through. Luckilly I can get by foot, just, to the local Co-op for emergency supplies. Take care anyone whose out on the roads this morning and if you dont need to go, then stay home, far safer.

EDIT. Just had message from Asda, to tell me they have cancelled my order due to not being able to deliver today for the safety of their drivers. Hope they refund my money then, I dont know why Asda seem to think its ok to take the money a day prior to delivery.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Morning, lovely scene to wake up to today, I dont need to go to work till 3pm but means 11pm drive home, I do have a new car this year its a AWD Ford Edge but its auto and I've only ever driven in manual in the snow!! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Gloom in the MOD thread this morning, the second beast from the east seems to have died.

I wouldn't pay attention just yet, The gfs at least is excellent.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Gloom in the MOD thread this morning, the second beast from the east seems to have died.

They need to move to suffolk, because we got sack loads of snow!

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

It’s on life support ! They haven’t switched the machine off yet . Need to see changes today or the priest looks like he’s going to have to be called !

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Must have been under a beefy shower or 2 overnight as now have a nice covering on pavements that it didn't settle on yesterday.  I'd estimate around 1cm falling.  Topping up the 1cm we got yesterday.  Not as much as I had hoped, but can't complain. 

Am hoping things fall in place later for an ENE wind and a Thames streamer

Snow is also pepping up in Bexleyheath again, more snizzle that juicy flakes, but coming down none the less.

Blooming cold outside St Tom's when i went over the bridge 30 mins ago. very grey but just light stuff in the wind.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Snow over a foot in places here in east suffolk, well over the top of my wellies, snow fell in the front door as I opened it this morning! No roads are passable from our town, even the rescue vehicles and gritters cant get out, drifting is a major problem. And its still snowing. This is far more than we had in 2018. I fear my food delivery wont be getting here from Lowestoft today, no way the delivery van will make it through. Luckilly I can get by foot, just, to the local Co-op for emergency supplies. Take care anyone whose out on the roads this morning and if you dont need to go, then stay home, far safer.

Photos?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

It’s on life support ! They haven’t switched the machine off yet . Need to see changes today or the priest looks like he’s going to have to be called !

Maybe an exorcist is needed to banish this set of bad runs lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Snowy roof tops!

CB024A72-03E1-4250-81CB-0E1952859D73.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Just now, nick sussex said:

I am past caring now. Enjoying this spell and will then happily look to spring and hopefully more of a return to a normal life again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

-2.7 here in Locksbottom and light to moderate snow falling again here.going to be another ice day and hope it all kicks off in Thames estuary to start fun and games later

stay safe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
Just now, Hotspur62 said:

-2.7 here in Locksbottom and light to moderate snow falling again here.going to be another ice day and hope it all kicks off in Thames estuary to start fun and games later

stay safe

It's been kicking off in the thames estuary since last night....