Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dibdabbers said:

Stoke always gets it,  had a decent covering from every single snow event to date.   Its been rubbish here need a break from the regional thread its soul destroying lol.

Not necessarily, I live in the Northern part of Stoke just 5 miles (as the crow flies) away from @MattStoke and there's been no snow where I live from the previous 2 event's and so far today only 2 1min (if that) long 'flurries' of graupel dust (which almost instantly melted) so far. 

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Its literally snowed all day. Oldbury has been inbetween systems all day not nailing one but also catching the light stuff every time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
54 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Easy to spot the streamers now, and the dry slot in between the red lines

A rouge shower coming into Stoke though.

48334CF8-98D0-4225-8E55-4695DAA9FDE9.jpeg

Is red snow worse than yellow snow?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Not necessarily, I live in the Northern part of Stoke just 5 miles (as the crow flies) away from @MattStoke and there's been no snow where I live from the previous 2 event's and so far today only 2 1min (if that) long 'flurries' of graupel dust (which almost instantly melted) so far. 

Must be because the far south of Stoke is less sheltered I guess. Odd you didn’t get that one though. It looked like a dead hit for all of Stoke.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

So frustrating here. Just on a break at work now and have checked the radar. We've been 10 miles to the North of that band of snow that's been sitting over the home counties for the past 4 hours can't believe it. So close, yet so far.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Dibdabbers said:

Stoke always gets it,  had a decent covering from every single snow event to date.   Its been rubbish here need a break from the regional thread its soul destroying lol.

Fear not mate, I can assure you Stoke doesn't always get Snow. Matts just had a Shower, but I've had nothing and I'm in Stoke, just about 12miles further North West. Infact Easterlies are shocking for Snow here as the Peak District swallows all the incoming shower.

Tbf we did OK just after Christmas, but that's the first decent (over 4inches I class as decent), fall of Snow we've had in about 3 years. The 2018 BFTE was also crap, with no Snow and no severe Cold. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Cant believe nothing has show up for Wed or Thurs yet looks bone dry so far on models.

Posted

Such a strange day in Nottingham. It started well. A cover of snow including on main roads. An amber warning too . But then the cover partially melted despite temps around zero and dew points well below 

The net result is a patchy covering on some surfaces which is a tad underwhelming 

Posted

Something I’m noticing on my shift so far are the giant icicles under bridges and tunnels. Haven’t seen that yet this winter.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Fear not mate, I can assure you Stoke doesn't always get Snow. Matts just had a Shower, but I've had nothing and I'm in Stoke, just about 12miles further North West. Infact Easterlies are shocking for Snow here as the Peak District swallows all the incoming shower.

Tbf we did OK just after Christmas, but that's the first decent (over 4inches I class as decent), fall of Snow we've had in about 3 years. The 2018 BFTE was also crap, with no Snow and no severe Cold. 

See Stoke on Trent in an Easterly, so def no need to be Jealous lol

20210208_162105.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Andypvfc said:

20210208_162105.jpg

That's what it's like where I live , just a tiny bit left clinging on in a pavement crack at top of drive.   

439253086_IMG_20210208_1624235111.thumb.jpg.4d11aaa5fc63565fe5467cf86300cfbd.jpg

Posted

Temperature must be back below 0. Light shower blowing through and all sticking again, after overnight cover had melted by early afternoon. 

Posted
Just now, Andypvfc said:

20210208_162105.jpg

Far south of Stoke seems to do better. Although it’s not exactly a winter wonderland out there.

5B514338-FEB2-49EC-9314-00DA5ED8101F.jpeg

189FCB2E-C456-463E-9848-E3EA101B7A41.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Had pretty much zilch here today few light flurries which has done nothing, very disappointed so far, seem to be missing all the streamer action so far, just hope they align a bit different later otherwise will be a complete bust for this area

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow is drifting on the local lanes round here. Snow showers have eased currently.

Temp -1c 

Wind chill -7c

IMG_20210208_152731.thumb.jpg.892ea5644ff1dab2aa2a3667b0876156.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Temperature must be back below 0. Light shower blowing through and all sticking again, after overnight cover had melted by early afternoon. 

Still not a flake here and considering I'm only a mile and half away, that's what you'd definitely call a localised snow shower.