Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
5 minutes ago, Monkeypants said:

new fax chart posted in the NWest thread for later has 3 distinct areas showing on the east coast not sure if they will get anywhere near the region but more life on the fax chart than earlier

If only they were a bit further south! Fax chart for tomorrow does have one straight through the Wash for tomorrow. That might help.

9E901F5B-CFE4-4076-8898-B51D1FDBE3BE.jpeg

Posted

I'm still fairly convinced that better opportunities for this area will pop up over the next few weeks and we'll get another decent snow event at some point.

I know it's been disappointing for most of us in this current spell (so far, but then it's only really just started) but like others have said at least we've already had a couple of decent events this Winter so it's not as if we've been suffering from a complete lack of decent snow at all up to this point. We've certainly had a lot worse Winters up to this point. 

Anyway a lucky few are doing alright today so that's good for them at least.

Theres still March yet. And considering we've actually had our best snow events during that month this past decade I'd say there's still plenty of time for Winter 2020/21 to do even better than the not bad at all reputation it's already got in my  eyes.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
25 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I’m Just clipping this lot to the south of me, light snowfall for now, but I’m sure this streamer will start to swing further north my way soon

0825089A-B94E-4C50-8321-88CC20E6CF43.thumb.png.5518d6e10212f8551d38d94023fb8a47.png7E05BF17-74CC-4487-B437-6CE65E094FCE.thumb.png.cff5a8187f64e78ba5e142b5194c5a15.png

And look where I am ..................grrrrrrrr missing me to the North and South 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
18 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

20210208_133741.jpg

Nothing like that in west Leicester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Radar looked a bit better when I last checked, just need showers to retain intensity into the evening and think that at least should provide most of us with a covering at the minimum, hopefully a bit more. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Can we keep it friendly and respectful in here please. I'm afraid a few posts have had to be removed.

If anyone is unhappy with a post, please report it rather than responding which often causes further problems. Thank you.

• Like 3

Posted

I get that you guys love the snow and weather things, but this year lets hope that we get as much mild weather for a few months at least to help get the vaccines out to people. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy graupel again. Looks like it's settling better now (at least where it can without been blown off) so might bode well if we get some proper snow fall.

Posted

Bahhh... Saw a cloud had finally made it past the Stoke Snowshield, and it's just Snizzly Graupel. 

Posted

First direct hit here left a small dusting. Really doesn't feel that cold out there though and not a chance of settling on pavements. I don't get it, it is -10C a couple thousand feet above us and dew points are well below 0C.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Bahhh... Saw a cloud had finally made it past the Stoke Snowshield, and it's just Snizzly Graupel. 

Not seen much today? Had a few decent snow and graupel showers and a dusting earlier.

Thought no showers would get past the Peak District but it’s actually that they’re just not aligning  right for here (so far at least).

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
9 minutes ago, mr benn said:

I get that you guys love the snow and weather things, but this year lets hope that we get as much mild weather for a few months at least to help get the vaccines out to people. 

There is categorically zero chance, that a few days of cold weather is going to delay a vaccination process on this scale.

It might 'slightly' hamper it in tiny minorities for the worst hit areas, but cold weather alone will not deter anyone determined enough to go out and get it, the road network is fine.

What is more likely is that as the vaccination increases, people will disregard rules, go back to 'normal' and then we will see another peak of cases, delaying lockdown into middle summer. Such is how thick our nation is, on the whole.

Back to the weather - heavier shower here, leaving a small covering on roofs - puddles on the paths/roads now.

Further hampering any chance of accumulation here.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Not seen much today? Had a few decent snow and graupel showers and a dusting earlier.

Nope, this is the 2nd 'flurry' I've seen  both have just been graupel, no actual flakes.

Posted

Well sun's out again. Poor forecasting from the BBC today was expecting the worst. Didn't take a journey because of warnings now I wish I hadn't looked at the forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Got off to a good start this morning, but didn't last too long. It's thawing out as though we are at the end of the cold spell. I think the best possibility for those not under the streamer is after 5pm when temps drop below freezing and the sun is down. Showers should continue and accumulate better on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry and sunny with a gentle breeze ?
17 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

First direct hit here left a small dusting. Really doesn't feel that cold out there though and not a chance of settling on pavements. I don't get it, it is -10C a couple thousand feet above us and dew points are well below 0C.

I hope it doesn’t settle on the pavements back to work tomorrow! There’s some slippery cold spots when it freezes the pavements of Burton. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry and sunny with a gentle breeze ?
29 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

There is categorically zero chance, that a few days of cold weather is going to delay a vaccination process on this scale.

It might 'slightly' hamper it in tiny minorities for the worst hit areas, but cold weather alone will not deter anyone determined enough to go out and get it, the road network is fine.

What is more likely is that as the vaccination increases, people will disregard rules, go back to 'normal' and then we will see another peak of cases, delaying lockdown into middle summer. Such is how thick our nation is, on the whole.

Back to the weather - heavier shower here, leaving a small covering on roofs - puddles on the paths/roads now.

Further hampering any chance of accumulation here.

Don’t forget the clinically vulnerable and older people are being vaccinated at the moment. My friends mother fell and broke her hip after getting her vaccination. That said the weather will do whatever it wants no matter what our preferences are.

Edited by Gooddaysunshine