Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

At the Center of the small Low at the moment 14c/57f as it trundles eastwards . Lots of rain so far nearing an inch and more to come as the bands around the low spin towards us, looks quite pretty on the Radar not so pretty at ground level

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Crawled up to 16.3 °C during a brief sunny spell around tea-time, but otherwise this was a day to forget. Damp and cold, so much so that I had to put a jacket on when going out in mid-afternoon. In July.

Posted
11 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Crawled up to 16.3 °C during a brief sunny spell around tea-time, but otherwise this was a day to forget. Damp and cold, so much so that I had to put a jacket on when going out in mid-afternoon. In July.

Definitely felt more like October. Better start to today and with the sun trying to peek through feels much warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Very heavy base clouds here in Northants, with light drizzle, if the sun manages to break through could go nuclear...or just heavy drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Very heavy base clouds here in Northants, with light drizzle, if the sun manages to break through could go nuclear...or just heavy drizzle.

Just had a pulse of quite heavy rain (3 mins) pass through here.

Clearly is building.

MIA

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thick heavy drizzle and low cloud here all evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

All the heavy showers seem to be from about Buxton northward now. Here it's dry and breezy with sunny intervals after a few short moderate-heavy showers this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Took 30 mins ago. Looking N 

IMG_20210806_172606.jpg

Posted

A blustery morning here with Rain/showing incoming from the West in the next half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Best (or least bad) day in a while here. Just crept into the 20s (max 20.4 °C) and apart from a very heavy shower in early evening it was dry all day with occasional sunshine. Tomorrow looks like an actual decent summer's day, too. Shame it falls apart again later in the week!

Posted

A heavy shower here at the moment, which I certainly wasn't expecting. Just looked at the Net Weather radar and it's only over my location and a few miles to the east and west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks a bit wet I think on Mon and Tues for NW areas, the wettest general direction for Staffs with constant stream of showers from Cheshire Gap

Posted

14C, cold wind, dull and now it's started to rain. There's just no end to it. I'm guessing it will be summer again in 10 days, as usual.

Posted

Last few days have been generally cloudy, grey and windy  N or W Bft 3 in Hereford. Today top temp so far of 17.9 Celcius. Yesterday wasn,t much better. One day of 24 Celcius this August and thats been the highest temp so far. Gernerally feeling like Autumn.

As a kid Augusts used to be warm and sunny. Last 15-20 years it just feels like Augusts have become a Autumn month not a Summer month. Don't even feel like getting out on my bike its that depressing. Hoping we get a bit more heat before we call summer over with.

Posted
On 17/08/2021 at 17:14, Andrew Hurcomb said:

Last few days have been generally cloudy, grey and windy  N or W Bft 3 in Hereford. Today top temp so far of 17.9 Celcius. Yesterday wasn,t much better. One day of 24 Celcius this August and thats been the highest temp so far. Gernerally feeling like Autumn.

As a kid Augusts used to be warm and sunny. Last 15-20 years it just feels like Augusts have become a Autumn month not a Summer month. Don't even feel like getting out on my bike its that depressing. Hoping we get a bit more heat before we call summer over with.

same with Dec to Feb feeling like autumn, where as 25 years ago was winter

Posted

64.2 hrs here so far in August which is 76% of what would normally be expected in the first 20 days of the month. If the current daily average sunshine were maintained for the rest of the month it would still make August 2021 sunnier ( though admittedly not by much ) than the Augusts of 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2015 all of which recorded totals between 81.6 hrs ( 2008 ) and 95.8 hrs  ( 2011 and 2015 )

With regard to June and July the total of 296.0 hrs was exactly on the 30 year average.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

Dullest week of august since 2008 little or no sun all this past week excluding today...

Thundery shower last night well after dusk some nice lightning displays...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
6 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Dullest week of august since 2008 little or no sun all this past week excluding today...

Thundery shower last night well after dusk some nice lightning displays...

Probably from around here.

Had rumbles from SW B'ham from about 23:00 onwards, and slowly reached us at about 11:40. (whilst watching Match of the Day)

Five vivid flashes (seen through closed curtains) followed by thunder within 5 secs, with one immediate loud crash.

I recorded 6,5mms in the 15 minutes of rain, with a bit of minor road flooding due to the drains being blocked by the early fall leaves.

First overhead storm since May.

MIA

Posted
On 21/08/2021 at 11:03, Terminal Moraine said:

64.2 hrs here so far in August which is 76% of what would normally be expected in the first 20 days of the month. If the current daily average sunshine were maintained for the rest of the month it would still make August 2021 sunnier ( though admittedly not by much ) than the Augusts of 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2015 all of which recorded totals between 81.6 hrs ( 2008 ) and 95.8 hrs  ( 2011 and 2015 )

With regard to June and July the total of 296.0 hrs was exactly on the 30 year average.

Unbroken sunshine from about 3pm this afternoon. It was wonderful. Here to stay I hope

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

Unbroken sunshine from about 3pm this afternoon. It was wonderful. Here to stay I hope

hmmmm, not sure about that! Walsall maybe better placed than here, but the models scream north sea filth

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hmmmm, not sure about that! Walsall maybe better placed than here, but the models scream north sea filth

Not talking about models, I'm talking about the afternoon I've just experienced. Still clear skies now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, Neil Harris said:

Not talking about models, I'm talking about the afternoon I've just experienced. Still clear skies now

Agreed, I was out and about in my local park at 3pm, it was lovely and sunny and this forthcoming week is showing itself to be very much the same and not just for our region but for most of the UK..... unless you live in Stafford apparently

• Like 2

Posted

The highest August pressure on record here could be under threat in the next few days.  It currently stands at a very modest 1031 hPa on the 26th in 1978 and on the 26th in 1981. I recorded 1032.0 hPa on the 19th in 1976 but that was at a different site.

The reading this morning at 0800 g.m.t was 1028.9 hPa and a steady rise is forecast over the next 24 hours or so.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Terminal Moraine said:

The highest August pressure on record here could be under threat in the next few days.  It currently stands at a very modest 1031 hPa on the 26th in 1978 and on the 26th in 1981. I recorded 1032.0 hPa on the 19th in 1976 but that was at a different site.

The reading this morning at 0800 g.m.t was 1028.9 hPa and a steady rise is forecast over the next 24 hours or so.

If we break high pressure records and still get hardly any sunshine it's the final straw for modern Augusts! What will we have to do to get a sunny one....