Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Quite a bit of loud thunder still ongoing, and a brief downpour of rain. Very, very close to the main core of the storm but at least it’s kept me briefly entertained and cheered me up a bit whilst self isolating.

I had to isolate from Dec 31 to 11 April, forced retail/hospitality closure, was cool we had snow chances during Jan/Feb and early April, 24th Jan being amazing quarantine Sunday

Posted

1 week to go after testing positive on Saturday. Had very mild symptoms which I get with hay fever anyway so not even sure they’re down to the virus ?‍♂️ It’s been depressing stuck on my own and not able to go outdoors but, like the snow during lockdown, the weather has at least kept me entertained! Fingers crossed for some storms this weekend!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

1 week to go after testing positive on Saturday. Had very mild symptoms which I get with hay fever anyway so not even sure they’re down to the virus ?‍♂️ It’s been depressing stuck on my own and not able to go outdoors but, like the snow during lockdown, the weather has at least kept me entertained! Fingers crossed for some storms this weekend!

you been vaccinated? I think double jabbed folk should be exempt from quarantine, as it should be mild illness

Posted
8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

you been vaccinated? I think double jabbed folk should be exempt from quarantine, as it should be mild illness

Only had one jab. I would hate to pass it onto someone who might be vulnerable. Although I don’t hang out with many people. Just my social group, many of whom are also isolating at the moment. It is frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Much cloudier this evening than of late, it is starting to feel like a change is in the air. (I know it is, but it feels like it too.)

Max today 29.9 °C (again!) and another very warm, humid feeling day. I wish we could go from this to fresher but still sunny and dry weather instead of the unsettled spell coming up, but oh well, that's England for you!

Posted

Briefly hit 29C before closing over again. Don't know how it happened but this UK high has managed to get moisture from somewhere and the high humidity has lead to too much cloud by most afternoons.

Posted

My room still feels like a sauna. drives me nuts, i just want a bit of a fresh air but its incredibly tough to keep the humid air out, even with the right precautions. seen a few folk put foil in their windows to reflect the sunlight away, wonder how effective it is?

Delighted about this change tomorrow anyway, im off to cornwall and cannot wait for that fresh sea breeze to hit me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Gotta feeling the severity of this breakdown may well be downgraded a wee bit for when it's set to begin - looking at a few of the local forecasts. Also the max temps set for today are creeping up.

Posted

A little more cloud and a useful breeze, has allowed all windows to be thrown open to let some air pass through the flat. It's already more comfortable than at anytime in the past week. 

Doesn't look like we'll be having any thunderstorms, or even significant rain this far North.

• Like 1

Posted

19C, just the 7C off by BBC. Honestly don't know how they can be so wrong at short notice. Well bye summer, hello Autumn.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

19C, just the 7C off by BBC. Honestly don't know how they can be so wrong at short notice. Well bye summer, hello Autumn.

Low cloud hasn't cleared all day. I'm surprised Atlantic hasn't been on, I think he might have mentioned the North Sea very occasionally!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
51 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Low cloud hasn't cleared all day. I'm surprised Atlantic hasn't been on, I think he might have mentioned the North Sea very occasionally!

Knew that was coming I was in Skegness this morning and travelled home and was cloudy and drizzly when I got home they were miles out in their forecast same old.

Take it we have no chance of storms now.

Posted
39 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Expecting the filth to clear soon, already patches of blue,

Yes the sun has just started to break through here. Managed to cool the flat down though, so there's a chance of sleep tonight, with the fan actually cooling, rather than wafting hot air around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 hours ago, davehsug said:

Yes the sun has just started to break through here. Managed to cool the flat down though, so there's a chance of sleep tonight, with the fan actually cooling, rather than wafting hot air around!

I’m with you regarding sleep, God I need it, the last several nights it’s been unconditionally on and off, this morning I was up at 4:30am, I tried to get back off, it wasn’t happening.....so with the cooler conditions tonight

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Very disappointing amounts of rain appearing across the region, everything is evaporating as it gets here, and we've seen no storms either.

I'm glad it's cooler, but have just started 2 weeks annual leave (typical!) I'd have loved to have stayed at home instead of baking to death at 130'f in the glasshouses. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Very disappointing amounts of rain appearing across the region, everything is evaporating as it gets here, and we've seen no storms either.

I'm glad it's cooler, but have just started 2 weeks annual leave (typical!) I'd have loved to have stayed at home instead of baking to death at 130'f in the glasshouses. 

looks okay I thought, hope to escape the worst anyway, Sun and Mon look great days with around 24C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
13 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I agree,wanted some rain for garden and got zero,wanted some storms and got zero.Tuesday was so close but yet so far.went east and south of here and cleared off south.

Luckily i was off work when heat kicked in as i work in a warehouse and end up in loose loaded trailer which are awful in summer.

All this heat and not even a Thundery breakdown here, so very dissapointing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Don't think many places in the Mids will see 1mm of rainfall let alone 100mm of potential rainfall as per the local (Shefali!) or national forecast predicted over the course of this weekend, a complete miss hit.

Posted

Unbelievable!just 48 hours ago it looked like we were gona get a drenching in the form of thundery showers today and sunday but there has not been a drop of rain today and now not much rain forecasted till later on this coming week!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well breakdown day is turning out to be a much better day than last day of summer yesterday. 21C, sunny spells and no sign of that intense band of rain that was showing on all the forecasts yesterday.

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

Well breakdown day is turning out to be a much better day than last day of summer yesterday. 21C, sunny spells and no sign of that intense band of rain that was showing on all the forecasts yesterday.

Yes, the sun has been out a couple of hours now. I just came in after a short trip and the car is showing 24c. It's not usually far wrong, certainly glad that there's a breeze. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 23/07/2021 at 15:55, Snowy L said:

I watched the forecast on Friday evening, a fair amount of rain forecast from 1pm onwards for Saturday afternoon.

we had lots of sunshine, and no rain, how can they get it that wrong?