Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

Well there was spectacular convection earlier, but that's all gone, and we're down to just the odd very small fluffy cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It was thundering to the east of here from 1300 g.m.t until 1530 g.m.t so someone must have had quite a deluge.

Posted

At risk of sounding like a spoilt child, been caught in the hot weather but without fun and games today. East midlands down towards essex looked a really sweet spot for convective activity this afternoon. There were some fantastic cumulonimbus developing east of here but a hot dry day west of the A42. Is it me or does this hot spell seem to progressively upgraded with time? What looked like a hot couple of days now has developed into more or less 30 celsius until thursday now. Tomorrow and thursday still looking hot overall. Can't complain as it'll be 21 celsius and showery before you know it!

Edited by shunthebartlett92

Posted

Just 27C today, hampered by morning low cloud and cloud build up in afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The hot spell so far in these parts:

Sunday: 29.9 °C

Monday: 29.1 °C

Tuesday: 28.7 °C

Wednesday: 28.4 °C

One more hot day tomorrow, by the looks of it, then a reasonable day for most of Friday before the rain arrives on Friday night. The weekend doesn't look impossibly bad, but it doesn't exactly look "book a beer garden for the afternoon" good either.

• Like 1

Posted

Fast start here, already reached yesterday's high of 27C before midday. Last reasonable chance to hit 30C I think after so many close ones.

Posted

I'm looking forward to some fresher conditions now from the weekend, and some more interesting weather at least. Hot weather doesnt do a lot for me, if anything i just feel intensely fatigued by it all, and pretty clammy from the humidity. So 24/25 celsius would be absolutely perfect but any hotter and i feel pretty awful. Can't go out cycling although going swimming feels about 10 times more satisfying!

Posted

Thunder rumbling away to the north of here from the cell between Bakewell and Matlock. It's gone very dark to the north too.

• Like 1

Posted

The storm is quite close now but it looks as though the focus of it will pass to the west, between here and Ashbourne. The one behind it might provide a direct hit if it maintains its identity for long enough.

• Like 1

Posted

After a lot of threatening behaviour we ended with nothing more than a short spell of light-moderate rain here. The whole system seemed to build further and further west and ended up between here and Leek.

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Will it or won’t it?

197E4DF0-C4B8-4D9F-8BE4-69E9AD82FE92.jpeg

Must've been agony for you in the end, teasing but always staying east of stoke  although some impressive clouds building? Better than diddly squat down here mind.

Posted
4 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

Must've been agony for you in the end, teasing but always staying east of stoke  although some impressive clouds building? Better than diddly squat down here mind.

It’s gone much darker, wind has picked up and there have been a few distant rumblings. It’s so close I can smell it!

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

It’s gone much darker, wind has picked up and there have been a few distant rumblings. It’s so close I can smell it!

Same, can smell the petrichor on the air, and can hear very faint distant rumble.  Passed by me now though, So close and yet so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Same, can smell the petrichor on the air, and can hear very faint distant rumble.  Passed by me now though, So close and yet so far.

I wonder if more will break out during the evening? GFS pulls some precip west on its 9pm and 12am charts.

• Like 1

Posted

Do you know what matt, i think you might be in the jackpot area. definitely spoke too soon, my mate in blythe bridge is getting a show of it i can tell ya (Weather, nothing else )

Posted

@MattStoke You having fun down there? Only from the radar it looks like the storm jumped to it's right and is now directly on top of you, ya lucky sod.

Posted

Fairly heavy rain but really just a glancing blow. Missed the main core of the storm but I’ll put it down as my second thunderstorm of the year. Must be a lot of hail just to my south.

1058E488-13B2-48AA-B6D9-43DF5F5B05CC.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

So so jealous, dry as a bone and so very hot here. The air needs clearin'!

looks to be bypassing Stafford and heading SE towards Lichfield/Tamworth, maybe Cannock

Posted

Quite a bit of loud thunder still ongoing, and a brief downpour of rain. Very, very close to the main core of the storm but at least it’s kept me briefly entertained and cheered me up a bit whilst self isolating.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Quite a bit of loud thunder still ongoing, and a brief downpour of rain. Very, very close to the main core of the storm but at least it’s kept me briefly entertained and cheered me up a bit whilst self isolating.

Take care mate, hopefully you've stayed well through this and you havent long left on your isolation.